• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

And I really hope that doesn't happen... Eevees are doing less and less on the main cast, just existing for marketing purposes basically.
Eevee should go to Ash if anyone, cause it'd get to do stuff.... and even if there are no new Eeveelutions, nothing says Ash can't bring back his Eevee to showcase a later Eeveelution
I wouldn’t mind if they finally gave him one, I always thought that he should have had one to begin with along with Lucario. Maybe they may give him one this time we shall see

World Turtle

As far as Ash getting a Fairy type goes there is always Granbull, but I love dogs so I might be a little bias here. XD

Seriously though, based on what I've read about Granbull's possible inspiration the "Cù-sìth" (which literally means dog fairy and is a mythological creature from Celtic mythology). I'm hoping Granbull will get a Galar Form that'll be Fairy/Ghost.

World Turtle

Okay. Ash killing Jessie and James is too extreme for Pokemon. But I don't want the TRio to bother him anymore.

Well with Kanto being the hub location Team Rocket will possibly become the main villain team again and there might be an over arching plot going on with them that'll be their grand finale where they're finally defeated with the TRio pulling a heel face turn at the end when they feel the Boss has gone too far or he betrayed them in some way and they want payback.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
No, it definitely affects every place. Even if the main audience is likely boys (which by the way sounds a bit sexist - not that I think this anime is sexist at all - given the games themselves are for all genders), up to Gen V, the anime wasn't shy about showing recurring original female characters who were tough girls in their own right who could relate to both boys and girls.

Nowadays, the anime has shifted things around by making boys far more adventurous and action-oriented than girls, who hardly get anything like that. Serena's time was when girls that weren't Gym Leaders were put in extremely feminine roles (she was a love interest, which was the biggest one of them all). The fact Serena participated in a girls-only competition that had events centered around themes girls liked to do was just damning evidence about how gender roles were secluded instead of spread around. If there was a female Gym Leader or Champion, they're lucky. They appeal to both genders.

Sun and Moon only further added to the problem. Lillie can't go an episode without being this sweet innocent girl being cute (her arc was cut short too soon to give her enough moments to be this brave girl she was shown to be in the games, so she suffered a worse case that Serena did when her stuff was over) and Mallow...I don't know what her direction is besides being a good friend. Lana was the one character that seemed to appeal to both boys and girls to me, but to our disappointment, she wasn't as central of a character than Ash, his rivals, or Lillie. There is also the fact Ash's team, and likely every other male trainer, has a male-only team. Snivy (and Leavanny?) was Ash's last female team member.

If the next saga really is just about Ash and Go without a female trainer, I expect one of them will make up for that by having a female Pokemon somewhere around them. But if the professor's daughter is the third wheel, given Lillie was the real last female character, she is going to be a pretty girly girl to offset the boys' combined masculinity.
Togedemaru and Mareanie are female, and tbh, Poipole/Naganadel should've been too, IMO

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Togedemaru and Mareanie are female, and tbh, Poipole/Naganadel should've been too, IMO

Poipoles are genderless in the games.

Sure the anime has ignored such details in the past - see Piplup and Oshawott crushing on Meloetta - yet it's something to consider.

Eh. Togedemaru may be female, but I hardly notice feminine stuff from her. She's the tomboy of the group. Ha ha.

TR doesn't count since it's always one gag or another with their Pokemon.

She always kind of have shown great affection towards Pikachu so there's that.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Today's twitter update:

anipoke_PR twitter said:
We're going to be presenting art boards from the new series!!
Today we're showing you Professor Sakuragi's room in the Sakuragi Laboratories.

As you'd expect, it's full of books.

We'll keep using this account to present exclusive information.

EHFPTfSUwAANzKV.jpg

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Today's twitter update:
It's very pretty like XY was. Now let's hope they keep the fluidity from SM and not just have everything being still shots again.

TheWanderingMist

That depends on if they even have Gigantamax...

I mean, I sure hope they do, but the lack of focus on Galar--and lack of focus in general--has me a bit concerned...

An even bigger question is if the TRio will use it with Meowth. o_O
That would imply TRio could acquire money easily, which we all know can never be the case.

Hanto

Water Addiction
Really hope that new anime is a transition filler saga leading to the proper galar one

Konja7

That's gonna be what we're getting for the Sunday update after the episode isn't it... After all, they really love repeating information they've already released in other medium

Maybe if we're lucky, they'll throw in a voiceclip or just a snippet of animation for the upcoming anime.

I really hopes there is more information during this weekend.

TomRC121991

Will Ash will catch some Psychic, Ghost and Fairy Type?
Such as...
Lunatone, Solrock, Abra, Smoochum, Natu, Unown, Bronzor, Exeggcute, Espurr, Ralts, Baltoy, Solosis, Sigiyph Elgyem, Drowzee, Spoink.

Shuppet, Honedge, Duskull, Gastly, Sableye, Litwick, Phantump, Spirtomb, Golett, Misdreavus

Cleffa, Mawile, Azurill

Last edited:
I'm still annoyed Ash wasn't allowed to get a mega, I get that Greninja was popular but highjacking it wasn't the best recourse option imo.

Ash not having a proper mega is the result of Gen 6 having only one mega, which is Diancie. He couldn't get a previous generation mega either because Ash only catches Pokemon from the current region that he's traveling. This meant Ash-Greninja was created as a pseudo-mega replacement for a traditional mega.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Ash not having a proper mega is the result of Gen 6 having only one mega, which is Diancie. He couldn't get a previous generation mega either because Ash only catches Pokemon from the current region that he's traveling. This meant Ash-Greninja was created as a pseudo-mega replacement for a traditional mega.
So he should have actually caught Diancie instead of maybe noivern!

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
That would imply TRio could acquire money easily, which we all know can never be the case.

That's what I figured too.
Though they could lose all that money by spending it on robots and equipment that would be destroyed, or be robbed.

I can bet there will be a character who has Giga Charizard instead of Ash. LOL

Just as long as it isn't Alain.
They'll probably have someone else use Giga-Chu too...

World Turtle

Let's see... if Ash rotates in the Johto starters who should evolve? Bayleef and Quilava have one stage left to go and Totodile has two stages. I would like it if they all reached their middle stage., but I'd also like to see Totodile evolve all the way to Feraligatr.

Corphish, Buizel, and Gible. First two could go either way I suppose and I know Gible evolving all the way to Garchomp would make a lot of people happy.

It'd be nice to see Oshawott at least make it too Dewott, Emboar could become Incineroar's wrestling tag team partner, and Snivy I feel should either stay as is or go all the way. Scraggy should evolve to Scrafty and show his Daddy he's a big boy now. Becoming Seismitoad could give Palpitoad some development. And maybe the new animation style will let them bring Gigalith in? That was why it didn't happen right? They said Gigalith was difficult to animate for some reason.

Rowlet needs to lose the everstone somehow before evolution can even be possible.

Personally I would like all of Ash's Pokemon barring Pikachu to evolve all the way for the sole reason I find the idea of when some people meet Ash (and have no clue who he is) they dismiss Pikachu as his weakest when compared to all his fully evolved mons who are with them. Then they get the shock of their lives when this puny rat destroys their Metagross and Hydreigon in a fight and that everything from the fire breathing lizard to the space dragon consider him their boss.

I would find their reactions to be hilarious.

TheWanderingMist

Let's see... if Ash rotates in the Johto starters who should evolve? Bayleef and Quilava have one stage left to go and Totodile has two stages. I would like it if they all reached their middle stage., but I'd also like to see Totodile evolve all the way to Feraligatr.

Corphish, Buizel, and Gible. First two could go either way I suppose and I know Gible evolving all the way to Garchomp would make a lot of people happy.

It'd be nice to see Oshawott at least make it too Dewott, Emboar could become Incineroar's wrestling tag team partner, and Snivy I feel should either stay as is or go all the way. Scraggy should evolve to Scrafty and show his Daddy he's a big boy now. Becoming Seismitoad could give Palpitoad some development. And maybe the new animation style will let them bring Gigalith in? That was why it didn't happen right? They said Gigalith was difficult to animate for some reason.

Rowlet needs to lose the everstone somehow before evolution can even be possible.

Personally I would like all of Ash's Pokemon barring Pikachu to evolve all the way for the sole reason I find the idea of when some people meet Ash (and have no clue who he is) they dismiss Pikachu as his weakest when compared to all his fully evolved mons who are with them. Then they get the shock of their lives when this puny rat destroys their Metagross and Hydreigon in a fight and that everything from the fire breathing lizard to the space dragon consider him their boss.

I would find their reactions to be hilarious.
Only Quilava and Bayleef. Totodile is best as a Totodile. Plus, I like it the most out of its whole line.

Status
Not open for further replies.