• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a soft reboot similar to BW to me.

And Ash looks even younger than he did in SM. Great :rolleyes:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I like how edges are back. The thing that felt so off with SM in terms of art was how soft everything looked. It was they were scared of edges and pointy things

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
O ****, time for the generational Pikachu reset.

Even though this never really happens and is just a way for certain fans to complain since they apply game logic to the anime
I think it’s confirmed Go is a beginning trainer hence why he’s looking to get a starter. For some reason he doesn’t like the Kanto starters and gets Scorbunny instead. The scene in the preview with the Kanto starters is him getting his first pokemon
Ash technically got Froakie from the lab though saying he is a noob from that is silly. Unless it has been confirmed he is a noob from other means. Though even if he is one that means nothing since Dawn was one but due to her mother knew quite a lot about being in the contest field

Red and Blue

I'd be fine if Pikachu lost the first time to Scorbunny. Ash was going to lose again at some point after Alola better make it quick

Red and Blue

So Gou is a Kanto native then? Interesting. Wonder how he comes across Scorbunny? Sakuragi didnt seem to have the other two Galarian starters

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Even though this never really happens and is just a way for certain fans to complain since they apply game logic to the anime.
I don't need to apply game logic to notice that Pikachu goes from smacking the sh*t out of Tyranitar, Metagross, Latios and Tapu Koko in a League to losing a regular starter-level Pokemon at the start of a new series. It's plain and simple reset.

I'm not complaining of course. Resetting Pikachu only makes sense, otherwise Ash would destroy every single trainer with his Pikachu, and that wouldn't be very fun to watch. So Pikachu is temporarily weakened until the League comes around and Pikachu can be at full strength again.

Xuxuba

I really don't see how they giving Pikachu a backstory implies in any way that this is a reboot.

It's not like they are changing his backstory, because he didn't have one to begin with. It's about time we learn something about him other than that he likes Ash.

Saying it is a reboot because we found out something new about Pikachu's past is like saying XY is a reboot because we found out that Ash met Serena when he was a little kid...

The fight scenes look amazing
It does seem like they are using some 3d camera angles. Hope it's not just at the beginning of the show, they truly make all the difference when trying to make a battle look more real and dynamic.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I don't need to apply game logic to notice that Pikachu goes from smacking the sh*t out of Tyranitar, Metagross, Latios and Tapu Koko in a League to losing a regular starter-level Pokemon at the start of a new series. It's plain and simple reset.

I'm not complaining of course. Resetting Pikachu only makes sense, otherwise Ash would destroy every single trainer with his Pikachu, and that wouldn't be very fun to watch. So Pikachu is temporarily weakened until the League comes around and Pikachu can be at full strength again.
Or every region has stronger pokemon like in DBZ. It is not a hard concept to get people just like being ignorant and loud in this fandom

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
And it’s happened since Johto when Pikachu went to beating Dragonite to losing to Casey’s Chikorita. It’s been the norm for 20 years
Pretty much.

It's not even a bad thing, honestly. It's easy to notice this pattern, and it makes sense why the writers do it.

Or every region has stronger pokemon like in DBZ. It is not a hard concept to get people just like being ignorant and loud in this fandom
Treating people as 'ignorant' for disagreeing with your point of view is a very shallow argument. I'd suggest being more open-minded to different ideas.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
So Gou is a Kanto native then? Interesting. Wonder how he comes across Scorbunny? Sakuragi didnt seem to have the other two Galarian starters
The magic of anime Pokemon not being bound to their own regions is how.

Status
Not open for further replies.