• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolver Furious Dragon

However, this is a very non-traditional saga, so Ash doesn't have to get solely Galar Pokemon because Galar isn't the sole focus of this saga.
However it's safe to assume galar will get more focus then the other regions since they do have to promote the newest games.

Given that It makes sense to give ash mainly galar Pokémon and let Gou have a team of mainly older pokemon

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
However it's safe to assume galar will get more focus then the other regions since they do have to promote the newest games.

Given that It makes sense to give ash mainly galar Pokémon and let Gou have a team of mainly older pokemon
They can do whatever they want now because they are no longer constrained by the new Gen. Galar will eventually become old news, especially if they decide to make a Sinnoh remake instead of a third version/sequel for Galar.

Revolver Furious Dragon

They can do whatever they want now because they are no longer constrained by the new Gen. Galar will eventually become old news, especially if they decide to make a Sinnoh remake instead of a third version/sequel for Galar.

Yes for the moment galar is important so it's safe to assume it will get the majority of the focus

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Yes for the moment galar is important so it's safe to assume it will get the majority of the focus
But, if Sinnoh gets remade it will likely usurp Galar and take most of the focus. I do think that a majority of old Pokemon captures will be of Sinnoh Pokemon anyways, due to the possible remakes.

Revolver Furious Dragon

But, if Sinnoh gets remade it will likely usurp Galar and take most of the focus. I do think that a majority of old Pokemon captures will be of Sinnoh Pokemon anyways, due to the possible remakes.

And if there are no remakes?

Revolver Furious Dragon

Kanto's obviously getting the most focus because it's their home base. I don't know if there will be many Galar Pokemon on the main cast.

Says who? The labs in kanto but that doesn't mean the main focus will be there.

kickachu

Momentai!
what Pokemon you think ash will get in the other regions , how many and do you think he'll het any Pokemon his previous companions had not counting starters?

Red and Blue

what Pokemon you think ash will get in the other regions , how many and do you think he'll het any Pokemon his previous companions had not counting starters?
We will have to wait and see. If he only catches five again like the past two regions he could get marketable Galarian Pokemon alongside the two remaining starters

Konja7

The new games are released this month. The promotion of the anime for the videogame won't be so long.

Also, the anime of Pokemon usually promotes merchandise, it usually follows the games because it promotes the new Pokemon.

However, the anime doesn't follow the story of the video game this time. So, although they will probably promote Galar Pokemon, they probably want to promote old Pokemon too.

PS: It's possible Go catch the Galar Pokemon, while Ash uses his reserve.

Red and Blue

The new games are released this month. The promotion of the anime for the videogame won't be so long.

Also, the anime of Pokemon usually promotes merchandise, it usually follows the games because it promotes the new Pokemon.

However, the anime doesn't follow the story of the video game this time. So, although they will probably promote Galar Pokemon, they probably want to promote old Pokemon too.

PS: It's possible Go catch the Galar Pokemon, while Ash uses his reserve.
We already know Gou isn't soley focused on Galar Pokemon given his goal to catch Mew

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
OS= Kanto + Charizard was ace in Johto and OI
AG= BF in Kanto
DP=No Kanto
BW= Season 2 is mostly about Kanto ( Iris got Dragonite, Charizard returned)
XY= Charizard
SM= They visit Kanto, Misty and Brock returned
PM= Kanto is their homebase

So every series except DP had something major about Kanto whether it's Pokemon or region. Same with games:
Gen 1= Kanto
Gen 2= back to Kanto
Gen 3= Kanto remakes
Gen 4= Remake of Kanto in HG/SS
Gen 5= nothing
Gen 6= you get Kanto starters, many Kanto Pokemon get Mega'd
Gen 7= Kanto remakes + many Kanto Pokemon got Alola'd
Gen 8= many Kanto mon got Giga'd and Galar'd.

Like this is crazy. Pokemon franchise should be called just Kanto.

Konja7

We already know Gou isn't soley focused on Galar Pokemon given his goal to catch Mew

Yeah. And Ash is more focus in battle than catch Pokemon, but that doesn't stop people from thinking that he’s just going to catch Galar Pokemon in this Tour World.

I mean Go could catch many Pokemon, but his main team could be Galar Pokemon.

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

Yeah. And Ash is more focus in battle than catch Pokemon, but that doesn't stop people from thinking that he’s just going to catch Galar Pokemon in this Tour World.

I mean Go could catch many Pokemon, but his main team could be Galar Pokemon.
Ash can’t just focus on battle with just Pikachu, it would be extremely boring and it would set him up from failure. Again if Ash needs to be restricted from catching older gen Pokémon then why is he returning to these other regions? There are no battles for him in these regions as he has completed all the gyms/ grand trials. And before you even mention it there is also no reason for the Galar gyms to appear in any of the other regions other then galar. So yes I think he should catch other Pokémon that he could have caught in the past but the writers didn’t want him to have at the time and if your going to make have to travel through the same regions again then you might as well have him capture and promote all Pokémon and not just gen 8 especially given the title of the series being called Pokémon instead sword and shield.

kickachu

Momentai!
What traditions might be broken this time beside the non girl companion and what old pokmeon you want ash to catch. in the other regions

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Moving on I hope they at least allow Koharu to travel with them sometimes but I’m afraid her being a student is going to be a “good” excuse why she can’t join. Side bar am I the only weirded out how some ten year olds go to school in this series and others don’t?

I like that we see that every kid isn't a trainer or has no interest in using pokemon.

I feel like, between the fact that we only have two leads, the fact that they're going to be visiting every region, and the fact that the staff said they wanted this to be a series that could be enjoyed by old and new fans alike... they kinda have to bring back old main characters? At the very least it would be, like, the biggest missed opportunity ever if they didn't. I guess the first episode will already be a good indicator though; Will Serena be there? I feel like she really should be there.

Why does it have to be Serena of all people? I was hoping they would run into new characters for Go's sake not so much Ash's.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So every series except DP had something major about Kanto whether it's Pokemon or region. Same with games:

No wonder it was the best series

What traditions might be broken this time beside the non girl companion and what old pokmeon you want ash to catch. in the other regions

Lucario.
All time favorite Pokemon
And it'll be awesome to see the Lucario haters be forced to put up with the species actually having a main role for once, instead of pretending the poor thing gets more focus than Eevee and Charizard. Lucario may have appeared in every saga, but unlike Charizard and Eevee.... it wasn't forced. Still hasn't been. Every time a Charizard or Eevee is around? Focus of attention(And completely forced apart from Ash's, which is used sparingly). Notice how Charizard was the only Ride Pokemon who was actually owned by a main character that got upgraded? Poor Lapras, can't even remember the last time it appeared lol Oh and Eevee didn't even evolve at all this time so... yeah.
We're almost certainly getting Charizard and Eevee again.... the anime doesn't have the balls to change Leon's ace like they did with Alder. As much as I wish it were possible, it ain't happening. And either Go or the girl will wind up with an Eevee.... hopefully the girl since we'll see her less lol

Him and Alola Sandslash are the ones I'm rooting for as they really should have happened

tsunamimijumaru

Some Pokemon I wouldn't mind Ash getting for from Galar

Rillaboom
Intellion
Corviknight
Grapploct
Frosmoth
Polteagiest
Coalossal

After seeing an action shot of Intellion doing something from the leaks I've warmed up to it. Gives Ash another fully evolved water type and grass type with Rillaboom as well. The last three generations the grass starters have been in base form. Corviknight and Grapploct are badass. Frosmoth gives Ash is first Ice type since Gen 3 and Polteageist and Coalossal could be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.