• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabaVanga

After the initial shock there comes acceptance so here's my prediction for main cast's Galar Pokémon based on the leaks

Ash
Grookey>Thwackey>Rillaboom
Sobble>Drizzile
Rolycoly>Carkoal>Coalossal
Rookiedee>Corvisquire>Corviknight
Dreepy>Drakloak>Dragapult
Snom>Frosmoth

Go
Scorbunny>Raboot
Chewtle>Drednaw
Falinks
Duraludon

Koharu
Yamper>Bolthund
Wooloo
Milcery>Alcremie
Hattena>Hattrem
Gossifleur>Eldegoss

Jessie
Arrokuda
Impidimp>Morgrem

James
Cramorant
Sandaconda
Applin>Flapple>Appletun

ShadowForce720

Okay, I'm just gonna go for it. With how SM lowered the goalposts a bit, do you think Go stands a remote chance of actually getting Mew, even just temporarily?

I think it will take awhile and that it should be built up to, however I do think it's possible that Go could eventually catch Mew and that we could get an arc of them learning how to work together and even showing off Mew's exclusive Z-move. I don't think he will catch it right away, however as I do think it's going to take multiple attempts and that he is going to need to train his pokemon up to a point to where they can take on Mew.

Red and Blue

Okay, I'm just gonna go for it. With how SM lowered the goalposts a bit, do you think Go stands a remote chance of actually getting Mew, even just temporarily?
If Ash can catch a mythical then there is no reason Gou cant. Especially since he is the co protagonist.

johno1995

Here's what I am hoping to see, NOT what I think is particularly likely. This is me hoping for mostly Galar Pokemon on the main cast and not quite knowing what to expect otherwise...

Ash
Pikachu (Electric)
Grookey -> Thwackey (Grass)
Sobble -> Drizzile -> Inteleon (Water)
Rookidee -> Corvisquire -> Corviknight (Flying/Steel)
Toxel -> Toxtricity (Poison/Electric)
Falinks (Fighting)

Rotates old Pokemon in and out depending on the mission. I'm biased because I love Falinks and really want to see it on the main cast, and it'd be interesting to give Ash a Pokemon like that.

Go
Scorbunny -> Raboot (Fire)
Jigglypuff (Normal/Fairy)
Morpeko (Electric/Dark)

I doubt Go will have a huge team. His focus will be on "catching" them all, so he will carry along just a few creatures and maybe add Pokemon to his team that might be helpful in specific situations. I can see him getting Jigglypuff to finally give that gag some closure, and having her on his "on hand" team. The Pikaclone is on a team every season since Dawn, and I think Morpeko's design actually fits Go nicely.

Jessie
Wobbuffet (Psychic)
Silicobra -> Sandaconda (Ground)

James

Sinistea -> Polteageist (Ghost)
Eiscue (Ice)

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

What traditions might be broken this time beside the non girl companion and what old pokmeon you want ash to catch. in the other regions
I want Haunter to return but evolved as a Gengar, Larvitar returns but as a Tyranitar, Lucario, either Aerodactyl or Tyrunt for his first fossil, Chandelure or Phantump, Eevee and evolve it to a Espeon. Wishful thinking Pidgeot returns. Clefable, or Carbink, or Gardevoir, Kommo-o, Bergmite line

World Turtle

Well now I've seen the whole Galar Pokedex and since Galar = England and Kalos = France and given the historical rivalry between the two I've had a thought about what Ash could catch...

Stealthy Water Starters: Intelleon vs. Greninja
Regional Bird: Corviknight vs. Talonflame
Animal Masked Wrestlers: Clobopus vs. Hawlucha
Pseudo Legendary: Dragapult vs. Goodra

Since I'm not quite sure who'd be Noivern's counterpart. I was thinking instead of pairing up the birds to do this:
Primary Flyers: Corviknight vs. Noivern (Knight vs. Wyvern)
Fire and Ice: Frosmoth vs. Talonflame

I do hope Ash catches a 6th Galar Pokemon though.

Red and Blue

Not sure if this means anything but
One of the Galarian Gym leaders is from Hoenn. I guess they have reason to spread the Galarian gyms across the eight regions

Last edited:

narutoo

dragon trainer
1.so the starter that suits ash is obviously sobble...it is ninja 2.0..it completely made for ash.scorebunny will go towards gou and grooky to third main character or rival.
2.flying type this region... I can see rookidee..it looks aggressive pokemon..may be rival also have one.
3.- dreepy-it completely suits ash battling style...and he should have this one.
4-he can use melmetal..as he can play important role in galar
5-pikachu
6-unknown

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i dont know how i'll react to the new Pokemon anime but if its any better than the current series that is wrapping up then im all for it. at this point the pokemon league battles and Mallow's ultra pokemon partner are the only things left good in the series. sun and moon series flopped in my view, anything more concrete and better is welcome at this point. its not enough to buy a switch and join the game, gen7 made sure i that i dropped the game series for good. who needs a $300 console for 1 single game option ie Pokken? it doesnt make $$ sense.

im keeping an open mind about the new series and see how it pans out before making a decision.

World Turtle

Just going to say I hope we don't get any more mid-generation additions like with SM that totally made a mess of speculation for Ash's Pokemon.

I mean Rowlet, Litten, and Rockruff were good and nothing wrong with Dusk Lycanroc, but then we got Poipole and Meltan.

I honestly wonder if they hadn't done that would Ash have gotten Alola Sandslash, Passimian, Wimpod, and the other ideas we threw around? I hope when he goes back to Alola he gets 1-2 of those.

Red and Blue

In regards to the possibility of the wolf duo on Ash and Gou's teams
a plot point in the games is the wolves receiving their armor to gain their secondary Steel typing. Without them they are just pure Fairy and Fighting. In the anime it could cut down their power until they find them and fight Eternatus. That way they may not come off as too OP

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
In regards to the possibility of the wolf duo on Ash and Gou's teams
a plot point in the games is the wolves receiving their armor to gain their secondary Steel typing. Without them they are just pure Fairy and Fighting. In the anime it could cut down their power until they find them and fight Eternatus. That way they may not come off as too OP
I don't think that's gonna happen because Hop might be unadapted.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That doesn't really change or disprove Red and Blue's idea though as for the most part they can just have Gou take Hop's role over.
They can't do that without completely turning Gou into a clone of Hop, both in personality and motivations.

Status
Not open for further replies.