• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

They can't do that without completely turning Gou into a clone of Hop, both in personality and motivations.
And you don't think they can accomadate the wolves into Gou's storyline?
As long as it comes down to Ash and Gou commanding the wolves against Eternatus you can easily work without Hop

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
And you don't think they can accomadate the wolves into Gou's storyline?
As long as it comes down to Ash and Gou commanding the wolves against Eternatus you can easily work without Hop
They can't without retconning everything and making Gou a clone of Hop. I don't think that they would do that. I don't think that they would use the wolves anyways because it would make them too overpowered.

Ash-Greninja4life

I know I go on about this an awful lot, but I think we will for sure see Greninja in this series. It’s still roaming around Kalos and Ash is going to be going back there. There is no way that he’s not going to look for him or see what’s going on with the vines and they’re connected mentally as well, in some way, they’d know they were close to each other. Also we need to see what Incineroar can do otherwise it’s evolution was a waste. I do believe that Ash will catch new Pokemon but I think he should primarily use his old Pokémon.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Also, Galar isn't the sole focus, so they don't have to strictly adapt the games' storyline.

ShadowForce720

Also, Galar isn't the sole focus, so they don't have to strictly adapt the games' storyline.
They can't without retconning everything and making Gou a clone of Hop. I don't think that they would do that. I don't think that they would use the wolves anyways because it would make them too overpowered.

Not really,
as Gou teaming up with Zamanzenta/Zacian while Ash teams up with the other to fight Eternatus does not require Gou to have the exact same personality and motivations as Hop.

Basically nothing about the idea require Gou to be a clone of Hop or retcon really anything. Plus just because Galar isn't the sole focus doesn't mean that they can't adapt some of it's storyline from the games into the main anime.

Also may I remind you of the fact that in the Pokemon Sun and Moon games it was Lillie that was living with Kukui and taking care of Nebby, but that didn't stop them from giving that role to Ash in the anime and didn't require them to change Ash's personality to Lillie's personality and motivations nor did it force them to make Ash into a clone of Lille.

So no, they don't have to make Gou into a clone of Hop for him to have a similar role.

World Turtle

I know I go on about this an awful lot, but I think we will for sure see Greninja in this series. It’s still roaming around Kalos and Ash is going to be going back there. There is no way that he’s not going to look for him or see what’s going on with the vines and they’re connected mentally as well, in some way, they’d know they were close to each other. Also we need to see what Incineroar can do otherwise it’s evolution was a waste. I do believe that Ash will catch new Pokemon but I think he should primarily use his old Pokémon.

I hope we see all of Ash's Pokemon from all the regions.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

Not really,
as Gou teaming up with Zamanzenta/Zacian while Ash teams up with the other to fight Eternatus does not require Gou to have the exact same personality and motivations as Hop.

Basically nothing about the idea require Gou to be a clone of Hop or retcon really anything. Plus just because Galar isn't the sole focus doesn't mean that they can't adapt some of it's storyline from the games into the main anime.

Also may I remind you of the fact that in the Pokemon Sun and Moon games it was Lillie that was living with Kukui and taking care of Nebby, but that didn't stop them from giving that role to Ash in the anime and didn't require them to change Ash's personality to Lillie's personality and motivations nor did it force them to make Ash into a clone of Lille.

So no, they don't have to make Gou into a clone of Hop for him to have a similar role.

If they wanted to then they would've put the group's home base in Galar. But, they didn't.

ShadowForce720

If they wanted to then they would've put the group's home base in Galar. But, they didn't.

Not really, as they don't have to have Ash's and Gou's home base be in Galar to adapt some of the story from Pokemon Sword & Shield as they can make it into a arc where they spend some episodes in their and can even break it up into multiple trips to Galar.

Basically there is nothing stopping the writers from taking some story elements from the Pokemon Sword and Shield games and adapting it into the anime and no, their main base not being in Galar does not prevent them from doing this nor do they have to make Gou into a copy of Hop to use some elements from the storyline.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Not really, as they don't have to have Ash's and Gou's home base be in Galar to adapt some of the story from Pokemon Sword & Shield as they can make it into a arc where they spend some episodes in their and can even break it up into multiple trips to Galar.

Basically there is nothing stopping the writers from taking some story elements from the Pokemon Sword and Shield games and adapting it into the anime and no, their main base not being in Galar does not prevent them from doing this nor do they have to make Gou into a copy of Hop to use some elements from the storyline.
They have seven other regions to focus on. Focusing heavily on Galar goes against the premise of this series, which is about traveling the world.

ShadowForce720

They have seven other regions to focus on. Focusing heavily on Galar goes against the premise of this series, which is about traveling the world.

They can modify to work with the anime after all none of the storylines that have been adapted from the games to the anime have been an exact 1:1 match, the anime always makes it's own changes, so they can easily have an arc for the Sword & Shield storylines, just like they can easily have arcs for the other regions, and they could easily extend it to where some of the sword and shield storyline winds up happening in other regions.

Basically have 8 regions total to focus on does not prevent the anime from taking storylines from the games and adapting them into the main anime in some form. From the looks of the new format of the anime, it looks like it could easily have multiple arcs that it is able to take it's time and not rush through.

Likewise this can benefit Ash's and Gou's captures and other pokemon as they will have all the time they need to develop and grow.

Red and Blue

The mascots storyline is going to come into play eventually since they were both shown on the first poster. And recently in other anime merchandise as well

Konja7

The wolves will definitely appear in the anime.

In fact, it is pretty likely that many Legendaries will appear in the anime, especially if we used the first poster as a reference (the poster shown Lugia).

That said, I don't know if they will use the story of the games for the anime.

World Turtle

You really think the wolves won't be used in the anime?

That's not what I said or at least not what I meant. I just don't think there going to appear anytime soon. Not till we get to Galar anyways or at least they could get a brief appearance in the first few episodes before disappearing for a 100 episodes and do the Legendary plot from the games.

Konja7

That's not what I said or at least not what I meant. I just don't think there going to appear anytime soon. Not till we get to Galar anyways or at least they could get a brief appearance in the first few episodes before disappearing for a 100 episodes and do the Legendary plot from the games.

It's possible this time the Legendaries will appear sooner than other Legendaries in previous seasons.

After all, this is the time to promote the games at some level. Later, they need to promote other things.

Another thing, the first poster of Pocket Monsters 2019 has some duo of Legendaries:

- Latios and Latias
- Dialga and Palkia
- Reshiram and Zekrom
- Zacian and Zamazenta

They maybe use the duo of protagonists to create a connection.

PS: Technically, Lugia and Ho-oh appear in the poster, but they were not a together (and they are not really a Legendary duo in the anime).

Last edited:

World Turtle

First real team prediction for Ash (SWSH new Pokemon spoiler)

Also wild speculation of mine: Would be sick if Ash gets Dragapult. New Dragon type that also covers one of Ash's missing types (Ghost). I also think it fits Ash, although it shooting essentially it's baby against the opponents would be quite a bit to brutal to be Ash's Pokemon we will see more often.

I love the entire Dreepy line. The moment I saw it I just fell in love with the thing. It wins the crazy awesome design award in my book. It's an amphibian (I assume its reproducing asexually to make its baby missiles) crossed with a stealth bomber and is a Dragon/Ghost type.

Given the missile babies are ghosts and Ash has fought with baby pokemon before (Phanpy, Scraggy, etc.) I don't think that'll be too big of an issue. It'll be interesting since this is two-three pokemon in one. It'd be like Dugtrio or Kangaskhan. It'll be interesting to see how they'd handle this. They could treat them as one Pokemon with the Dreepy just being extensions of Drakloak and Dragapult or they could have episodes dedicated to this family of mons and their different personalities.

Also an idea I have is that if Dragapult does end up leaving Ash at the end one of the Dreepy missiles can stay with Ash taking their parent's place.

Ash-Greninja4life

It's possible this time the Legendaries will appear sooner than other Legendaries in previous seasons.

After all, this is the time to promote the games at some level. Later, they need to promote other things.

Another thing, the first poster of Pocket Monsters 2019 has some duo of Legendaries:

- Latios and Latias
- Dialga and Palkia
- Reshiram and Zekrom
- Zacian and Zamazenta

They maybe use the duo of protagonists to create a connection.

PS: Technically, Lugia and Ho-oh appear in the poster, but they were not a together (and they are not really a Legendary duo in the anime).

Technically I would argue Reshiram and Zekrom arent that much of a duo either. They are rarely seen together. But as in a Duo or legendary Pokemon in the region/games then I’d argue Ho-oH and Lugia were a duo because they are counter-parts of each other like most legendary duos

Status
Not open for further replies.