• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I hope Ash actually remembers his past Pokemon, but knowing how continuity has been weird since DP ended he probably won't even mention them.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I want Corviknight and Wooloo both in the main cast and while I would like the idea of Ash getting a Corviknight I feel like it fits more with Go. Same goes for Wooloo.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Please writers, make Ash catches Grookey and Sobble. I still can't think of series without starters as main cast. I mean Scorbunny is literally in main cast, it makes no sense that Grookey and Sobble will be out and Scorbunny in.

World Turtle

I think Koharu will get Grookey (the girl will finally get a Grass starter). If Ash and Gou are meant to be co-stars it'd make sense to me for each to get one Galar Starter.

I take the entire evolution line into account when picking Pokemon for Ash and I don't feel Grookey's final form would work well for Ash. Maybe Gou catches it and later gives it to Koharu?

I feel the big wooden drum would make it too stationary, it'd be awkward seeing it scoop up the drum and jump away from attacks and ill suited for Ash's style. Even Ash's slowest Tanks have better mobility and reaction time.

Man, this will be easier to talk about once the games come out...

I think Gou should get Pokemon that are good for capturing other Pokemon or even just tracking/pursuit (Yamper, maybe they'll trade? Grookey for Yamper?). Cramorant would be good for catching fish Pokemon.

Corviknight would be wasted on Gou. That is a Pokemon meant for battle.

CMButch

I think Koharu will get Grookey (the girl will finally get a Grass starter). If Ash and Gou are meant to be co-stars it'd make sense to me for each to get one Galar Starter.

I take the entire evolution line into account when picking Pokemon for Ash and I don't feel Grookey's final form would work well for Ash. Maybe Gou catches it and later gives it to Koharu?

I feel the big wooden drum would make it too stationary, it'd be awkward seeing it scoop up the drum and jump away from attacks and ill suited for Ash's style. Even Ash's slowest Tanks have better mobility and reaction time.

Man, this will be easier to talk about once the games come out...

I think Gou should get Pokemon that are good for capturing other Pokemon or even just tracking/pursuit (Yamper, maybe they'll trade? Grookey for Yamper?). Cramorant would be good for catching fish Pokemon.

Corviknight would be wasted on Gou. That is a Pokemon meant for battle.
Girl is obviously not MC, starters always go to MC. Also Pikachu and Scorbunny are meant to be co-stars.. Still Grookey and Sobble will go to Ash.I know some people speculate JJM will get Sobble/Grookey, but I don't see it..

Master Pikachu 11

I hope Ash gets his Galar Starter and the bird (please be Corviknight's pre-evolution)
So I was looking at the last poster that they released with the trailer, it’s the poster with Ash and Gou in the forest and they have different images focusing on the different regions. One of the images focuses on a Corviknight fighting a Dreadnaw in what looked to be in a gym setting. I think this image is a gym battle between Nessa and Ash as Nessa has a Dreadnaw and it squaring against Ash’s Corviknight. Obviously this is wishful thinking on my part, but I really think Ash catching a member of the Corviknight line and evolving it all the way is a very strong possibility.

World Turtle

Girl is obviously not MC, starters always go to MC. Also Pikachu and Scorbunny are meant to be co-stars.. Still Grookey and Sobble will go to Ash.I know some people speculate JJM will get Sobble/Grookey, but I don't see it..

Well maybe Gou will get Scorbunny and Grookey?

Both get two starters (Ash: Pikachu/Sobble and Scorbunny/Grookey).

That'll be a first and establish that Gou is in fact Ash's co-star.

Besides I think if rotation becomes a thing it'd be better if Ash only had 1 Galar Starter.

CMButch

Besides I think if rotation becomes a thing it'd be better if Ash only had 1 Galar Starter.
Maybe, but thanks to
leaks that confirmed Rillaboom and Intellion
I want Ash to catch Grookey and Sobble, so his team could be like DP where he got both starters in final stage. Also, he'd need it for the league, while Go doesn't do the league.

Master Pikachu 11

I disagree, I think Sobble and Grookey would do better under Ash’s care then they would under Gou, since under Ash’s care they will battle a lot more unlike the other starters in the past that didn’t do much with Clement, and Brock for example.

World Turtle

I disagree, I think Sobble and Grookey would do better under Ash’s care then they would under Gou, since under Ash’s care they will battle a lot more unlike the other starters in the past that didn’t do much with Clement, and Brock for example.

Gou is hardly going to be inactive like Brock and Clemont were if he wants to catch every Pokemon. His episodes are basically going to be him trying to catch pokemon and that would involve battles with his team who he's going to be training into a capture squad.
I could see Grookey being used to herd a target with his music into the direction Gou has set up an ambush.

Maybe, but thanks to
leaks that confirmed Rillaboom and Intellion
I want Ash to catch Grookey and Sobble, so his team could be like DP where he got both starters in final stage. Also, he'd need it for the league, while Go doesn't do the league.

You do remember how Torterra got shafted right? Or how Incineoroar got a last second evolution? While seeing Ash get multiple starters on paper looks nice in practice it hasn't gone so well. Only Kanto did it well, but that came at the cost of Ash's Johto Starters being overshadowed at their own league.

Granted Ash getting nine Pokemon in Unova was what probably screwed over the Unova Starters so its hard to tell how that would of gone if he just caught them, Unfezant, Scraggy, and maybe Krookoldile.

CMButch

Gou is hardly going to be inactive like Brock and Clemont were if he wants to catch every Pokemon. His episodes are basically going to be him trying to catch pokemon and that would involve battles with his team who he's going to be training into a capture squad.
I could see Grookey being used to herd a target with his music into the direction Gou has set up an ambush.

You do remember how Torterra got shafted right? Or how Incineoroar got a last second evolution? While seeing Ash get multiple starters on paper looks nice in practice it hasn't gone so well. Only Kanto did it well, but that came at the cost of Ash's Johto Starters being overshadowed at their own league.

Granted Ash getting nine Pokemon in Unova was what probably screwed over the Unova Starters so its hard to tell how that would of gone if he just caught them, Unfezant, Scraggy, and maybe Krookoldile.
But, that doesn't mean same would happen here just because it happened with T and I.

Decidueye23

We have summaries until ep 5 and looks like ash isnt catching anything new. Which makes me wonder when will he get a new mon, and until then is it just going to be him and pikachu? Like isnt this the longest he ll be going without capturing any new pokemon in a new series.?

Red and Blue

We have summaries until ep 5 and looks like ash isnt catching anything new. Which makes me wonder when will he get a new mon, and until then is it just going to be him and pikachu? Like isnt this the longest he ll be going without capturing any new pokemon in a new series.?

Depends how long he is in Galar before returning to Vermilion City. The may want to introduce all three starters during the first Galar visit. If he is still in Galar during episode 6 he could catch a starter there

Revolver Furious Dragon

I’m assuming with the early Galar travel in episode 4-5, we’ll see Ash catch Grookey/Sobble before they head back to Kanto in like, episode 7 or 8 I’d assume.

Perhaps that’ll be how it’s set up, they go to one region for like 5 episodes, head to Galar for a few captures, head to another region, etc.

I wouldn't assume ash won't get a capture. Just because the title doesn't reveal it doesn't mean it won't happen. Especially if it's something like the regional bird.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sham said:
If anyone deserves an appearance it’s Iris and Dawn if Sinnoh remakes are truly coming.

Hikari would have Gen IV promotion to make her relevant in the case of Shinou remakes, but I'd personally be more excited about Iris possibly returning in this series because I want to know more about her quest to track down Rayquaza, and also to see what her reaction towards Fairy-type Pokemon would be.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I still expect Ash capturing some old Pokemon in previous regions, but he still has to capture at least a full Pokemon team of Galar's Pokemon. Either 6 or 5 (making 6 with Pikachu). So, these are my candidates for Ash's Galar Team:

+ Rookiedee > Corvisquire > Corviknight: Classic capture in Ash's team, only this one also adds a new Steel Type to his gallery, after Melmetal.
+ Grookey > Thwackey > Rillaboom: Between the starters, Grooky looks like the more suitable for Ash's style.
+ Rolycoly > Carkoal > Coalossal: Considering Ash's name, he can't have a team without a Fire type, but Scorbunny is already taken by Go. This one seems like the best alternative, not to mention it also adds another Rock type to his gallery.
+ Impidimp > Morgrem > Grimmsnarl: Maybe it's not really convincing, but this Pokemon could give Ash one of the Pokemon Types he still didn't capture, Fairy Type.
+ Clobbopus: This Pokemon is similar to Crabrawler, a Pokemon that looks like a Water Type and has Water moves, but it's actually a Fighting type. Crabrawler is one of the Pokemon Ash could have captured in Alola, so Clobbupus is another alternative. Ash has quite a lot of Water types, and Inteleon doesn't fit for Ash's style, as far as I see.
*Ponyta > Rapidash (Galar Form): This Pokemon looks like too "feminine" for Ash, but he already captured this kind of Pokemon in the past (Bayleef and Unfezant). Its capture could give Ash his first Psychic Pokemon, and he do it great back in Season 1 with a classic Ponyta/Rapidash.

I also have been thinkign about which Pokemon could be captured by Jessie and James in Galar. Personally, I believe they could actually get his old Pokemon back this time. Meaning Jessie could get back Seviper, Yanmega and Gourgeist; and James could get back Carnivine, Mime Jr and Inkay. Mainly for a little surprise I think it could coming:

1º) James:
+ Mime Jr > Mr Mime (Galar) > Mr Rime: Sounds quite appropiated to bring back James' Mime Jr to make it evolve into Galar's Mr Mime (avoiding conflict with Delia's Mr Mime), and then into Mr Rime. I don't know which moves can have, but it will be interesting.
+ Weezing (Galar): It's been a VERY long time since Jessie and James had to say goodbye to their original Pokemon, Arbok and Weezing, so maybe James could capture a new one. After all, he had two Weepinbells and two Victreebells.
+ Yamask (Galar): Yes, I know, another Pokemon repeated; but James had to give this one to Giovanni to save himself from his own incompetence. So, capturing another one could happen.
+ Meowth (Galar) > Purrserker: I doubt it will be captured, but considering what happened with the Alolan Meowth, an enconunter will definitely happen-

2º) Jessie:
+ Silicobra > Sandaconda: Just like James captured a new Weezing, this could be Jessie's new "Arbok". After all, Jessie is a viper and she likes snakes (Arbok and Seviper).
+ Polteageist: A lady who wants to take a cup of tea? Very appropiated for Jessie's ego.
+ Thievul: I don't know much about this Pokemon, but it could suit for Jessie's style.

Well, what do you think?

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

I still expect Ash capturing some old Pokemon in previous regions, but he still has to capture at least a full Pokemon team of Galar's Pokemon. Either 6 or 5 (making 6 with Pikachu). So, these are my candidates for Ash's Galar Team:
+ Rookiedee > Corvisquire > Corviknight: Classic capture in Ash's team, only this one also adds a new Steel Type to his gallery, after Melmetal.
+ Grookey > Thwackey > Rillaboom: Between the starters, Grooky looks like the more suitable for Ash's style.
+ Rolycoly > Carkoal > Coalossal: Considering Ash's name, he can't have a team without a Fire type, but Scorbunny is already taken by Go. This one seems like the best alternative, not to mention it also adds another Rock type to his gallery.
+ Impidimp > Morgrem > Grimmsnarl: Maybe it's not really convincing, but this Pokemon could give Ash one of the Pokemon Types he still didn't capture, Fairy Type.
+ Clobbopus: This Pokemon is similar to Crabrawler, a Pokemon that looks like a Water Type and has Water moves, but it's actually a Fighting type. Crabrawler is one of the Pokemon Ash could have captured in Alola, so Clobbupus is another alternative. Ash has quite a lot of Water types, and Inteleon doesn't fit for Ash's style, as far as I see.
*Ponyta > Rapidash (Galar Form): This Pokemon looks like too "feminine" for Ash, but he already captured this kind of Pokemon in the past (Bayleef and Unfezant). Its capture could give Ash his first Psychic Pokemon, and he do it great back in Season 1 with a classic Ponyta/Rapidash.

I also have been thinkign about which Pokemon could be captured by Jessie and James in Galar. Personally, I believe they could actually get his old Pokemon back this time. Meaning Jessie could get back Seviper, Yanmega and Gourgeist; and James could get back Carnivine, Mime Jr and Inkay. Mainly for a little surprise I think it could coming:

1º) James:
+ Mime Jr > Mr Mime (Galar) > Mr Rime: Sounds quite appropiated to bring back James' Mime Jr to make it evolve into Galar's Mr Mime (avoiding conflict with Delia's Mr Mime), and then into Mr Rime. I don't know which moves can have, but it will be interesting.
+ Weezing (Galar): It's been a VERY long time since Jessie and James had to say goodbye to their original Pokemon, Arbok and Weezing, so maybe James could capture a new one. After all, he had two Weepinbells and two Victreebells.
+ Yamask (Galar): Yes, I know, another Pokemon repeated; but James had to give this one to Giovanni to save himself from his own incompetence. So, capturing another one could happen.
+ Meowth (Galar) > Purrserker: I doubt it will be captured, but considering what happened with the Alolan Meowth, an enconunter will definitely happen-

2º) Jessie:
+ Silicobra > Sandaconda: Just like James captured a new Weezing, this could be Jessie's new "Arbok". After all, Jessie is a viper and she likes snakes (Arbok and Seviper).
+ Polteageist: A lady who wants to take a cup of tea? Very appropiated for Jessie's ego.
+ Thievul: I don't know much about this Pokemon, but it could suit for Jessie's style.
Well, what do you think?

Can you put this in a spoiler tag, because some of the pokemon that you just listed haven't been officially revealed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.