• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

We have summaries until ep 5 and looks like ash isnt catching anything new. Which makes me wonder when will he get a new mon, and until then is it just going to be him and pikachu? Like isnt this the longest he ll be going without capturing any new pokemon in a new series.?

We don't know. Sure Ash caught a Pokemon early a lot of times. But for the starters Ash didn't get Bulbasaur until episode 10.

I think for right now they just introducing us the characters involved, I don't think they're going to immediately have Ash capture Pokemon, since this is especially a new series. So starter wise it could very well be awhile.

Though Ash might get a Pokemon himself, in any of these episodes. Who knows.

JD

I could see Ash getting an Intelleon for sure..maybe he could get Rillaboom as well giving him two fully evolved starters? I could also see him getting that fighting type octopus

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I could see Ash getting an Intelleon for sure..maybe he could get Rillaboom as well giving him two fully evolved starters? I could also see him getting that fighting type octopus

Inteleon doesn't fit Ash's style, and Ash has quite too many Water Pokemon. Personally, considering both Lapras and Kingler have Gigamax forms here, I think it would be more appropiated for Ash recover Lapras (somehow) and asking Professor Oak for Kingler sometimes.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Eddie spoilers -_-.
Anyway I have a good feeling that released Pokemon would return to Ash or at least make an appearance.Primeape and Greninja need to return.

MartínK

I rather Ash gets Drednaw instead of Sobble

Inteleon doesn't fit Ash's style, and Ash has quite too many Water Pokemon. Personally, considering both Lapras and Kingler have Gigamax forms here, I think it would be more appropiated for Ash recover Lapras (somehow) and asking Professor Oak for Kingler sometimes.

I don't think that Lapras would return

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I am still holding a thought that Ash's past companions
will serve as third wheel.I wanna see Serena and Iris first.

World Turtle

I love the fighting type octopus I don't know why beyond the fact I love the design. It's going to be on my team for sure.

Just going to say regarding Galar Ponyta or to be exact its typing Psychic and the types Ash hasn't got yet or has less then 3 of. For them its really hard to say what he'd get for those when he has so few. The more types he has of something the easier it is to kind of get a feeling for it, but even then that isn't always a guarantee like with Pancham/Pangoro who is basically the Japanese version of Scraggy (delinquents) if they decide they want to try something different.

Eddie spoilers -_-.
Anyway I have a good feeling that released Pokemon would return to Ash or at least make an appearance. Primeape and Greninja need to return.

Maybe we should go back to discussing possible Kanto-Alola captures or comebacks of Ash's reserves and releases instead of Galar Pokemon? The games come out on the 15th so next week with a early screening of the first two episodes with any luck they'll show the opening and that might give us an idea for his first two Galar mons.

Ash has quite too many Water Pokemon.

I doubt the writers care that Ash has a lot of the the type that makes up the biggest portion of the Pokemon species. If anything it makes sense.

Last edited:

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I rather Ash gets Drednaw instead of Sobble

I don't think that Lapras would return

Drednaw would be a good choice, as Ash likes turtles (Squirtle, Torterrs and Torkoal).

Bring Lapras back for Gigamax it would be a good reason.

*And I have another suspiction. This new anime will have as objective (at least for Go) to find and capture Mew. Well, following that trail, I'm quite sure this will eventually lead both Ash and Go to find an old friend: Mewtwo. Even more after the remake of the original movie happened this year.

So, if Ash and Mewtwo meet again, I believe MAYBE Ash will capture Mewtwo. You might think it's ridiculous, but with Melmetal, Ash already captured a Mythical Pokemon. And Naganadel, as an Ultra-Beast, is similar to a Legendary Pokemon. Not to mention Gladion having Silvally, who was created in a lab just like Mewtwo. Therefore, Ash capturing Mewtwo is no longer impossible at this point.

Last edited:

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
One mention about Ash's new goal.

He may have won a League in Alola, but this is just the first step. Remember, to enter the League of Champions (which I suppose is battling against the Elite Four), you have to won the Pokemon League from you home region.

That means, Ash have to win Kanto's Pokemon League to gain access to the League of Champions and challenge the Elite Four and the Champion. If you ask me, I believe Kanto's Elite 4 and Champion could be a mixture between Kanto and Johto's versions. Lance will surely be the Champion (as I doubt Gary will be), and the Elite Four could be Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha and maybe Koga from Johto. If Koga becomes a member of the Elite Four, that means Ash will be able to challenge them, as Koga was already defeated by Ash at the Fuchsia Gym.

Not like the placement means anything on that one pic, but I actually wouldn't mind if Sobble goes to Ash, while Gou can have Scorbunny and Grookey. Or if Grookey goes to Koharu if she does more. Since we're traveling more regions, I definitely want Ash to have his sixth slot be reserved for old pokemon comebacks like how he used that spot for the Battle Frontier. If that's the case, it would be nice to see Ash collect at least 4 Galar pokemon and I definitely want to see Sobble and Corviknight on his team.

For his other 2 pokemon, there are a couple of options:
I think it'd be cool to see Flapple and Toxtricity. Flapple gives Ash another non-starter grass pokemon as well as a dragon type on his team which would hopefully if he does get one, it gets wins and doesn't leave the team. After seeing Ash with Naganadal and having a Melmetal that used an electric move, I can easily see Toxtricity on his team even though it's part electric. Maybe a moveset of two poison moves/one electric move/one sound move would work and really wouldn't be too far off from what we just saw.

Other options that I could see Ash have: Coalossal (gives him another rock type as well as a fire type), Dragapult (gives Ash a ghost type), or Sirfetch'd or Galarian Rapidash (Ash can showcase one of the new regional evos)

Last edited:

Red and Blue

So we got a bunch of new titles today and still no hint of a capture. Either they are hiding it or maybe he really won't catch anything this time.

Arroz Nero

Poke-noob
In the last update of the tokyo tv page appear the episodes names with illustrations and date of release I think, don't understand japanese. Sadly I can't put the link.

RedR

8 Episode titles already?! And the episodes seem to hint at heavy continuity?!?!?!
What a day to be alive! PM 2019 is going to be a lot of fun!

How deep will the continuity go? In my opinion, it will all hinge on what the special shows this Sunday. Will it show a lot of older stuff? If it does, then this series will have a lot of continuity and potentially finish some "leftover" storylines!

The official anipoke twitter is referencing A LOT of older episodes, too, so that could be a hint!

dman_dustin

Therefore, Ash capturing Mewtwo is no longer impossible at this point.

Mega Mewtwo is literally the strongest Pokemon tied with Rayquaza (which doesn't require a held item to mega evolve), and until Arceus can have more powerful form that gives it the 820 BST, I'd still say Ash catching Mewtwo is impossible.

Zacian or maybe Zamazenta, that could at least be feasible. But Mewtwo is beyond likely.

And even then we still have to consider that Melmetal is from Meltan which there are a lot. And Naganadel comes from Poipole which is regarded as a starter Pokemon in Ultra Space (although yes, game wise; though it does fit since Ash used it in the Alola league exhibition match).

Mewtwo seems way too unlikely. I could never imagine Mewtwo fainting in battle. I mean if Mewtwo wants to be caught and makes Ash promise to only use "him" in cases of dire emergency while resting comfortably at Oak's lab mostly while protecting it. But not against normal trainers, and definitely for the hypothetical Galar league.

Except Tobias, to heck with him, he can get the full brunt of Mewtwo's power as it one shots everything especially as Mega Mewtwo X.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Mega Mewtwo is literally the strongest Pokemon tied with Rayquaza (which doesn't require a held item to mega evolve), and until Arceus can have more powerful form that gives it the 820 BST, I'd still say Ash catching Mewtwo is impossible.

Zacian or maybe Zamazenta, that could at least be feasible. But Mewtwo is beyond likely.

And even then we still have to consider that Melmetal is from Meltan which there are a lot. And Naganadel comes from Poipole which is regarded as a starter Pokemon in Ultra Space (although yes, game wise; though it does fit since Ash used it in the Alola league exhibition match).

Mewtwo seems way too unlikely. I could never imagine Mewtwo fainting in battle. I mean if Mewtwo wants to be caught and makes Ash promise to only use "him" in cases of dire emergency while resting comfortably at Oak's lab mostly while protecting it. But not against normal trainers, and definitely for the hypothetical Galar league.

Except Tobias, to heck with him, he can get the full brunt of Mewtwo's power as it one shots everything especially as Mega Mewtwo X.

You are kidding, right? Mewtwo was the strongest Pokemon only during the first Generation, mainly because the Psyquic Pokemon didn't have weak points back them. (The only effective move was Lick of Ghost Type, but Gengar was quite useless because of his Poison Type). But know?, with Steel and Dark Types in the world? Pokemon like Darkrai? Pokemon who are Ghost/Dark types? And even Legendaries who control weather (like Groudon or Kyogre), reality (like Dialga and Palkia) or even Ultra-Beasts (like Guzzlord)? All these are clearly more powerful than Mewtwo. Also, with Genesect and Silvally, he's no longer as "unique" as before.

dman_dustin

You are kidding, right? Mewtwo was the strongest Pokemon only during the first Generation, mainly because the Psyquic Pokemon didn't have weak points back them. (The only effective move was Lick of Ghost Type, but Gengar was quite useless because of his Poison Type). But know?, with Steel and Dark Types in the world? Pokemon like Darkrai? Pokemon who are Ghost/Dark types? And even Legendaries who control weather (like Groudon or Kyogre), reality (like Dialga and Palkia) or even Ultra-Beasts (like Guzzlord)? All these are clearly more powerful than Mewtwo. Also, with Genesect and Silvally, he's no longer as "unique" as before.

Mega Mewtwo has a 780 BST or are you ignoring that for whatever reason.

On top of that Mega Mewtwo X is also part fighting type, which covers its weakness to dark types, the only real thing that can hurt Mewtwo. And even then Mewtwo can learn A LOT of moves. There's no reasonable way any random legendary or mythical Pokemon should be able to defeat Mewtwo. Arceus maybe, but only because Arceus's apparent role in the games lore.

Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, yeah sure, but we are talking about Pokemon that might have a realistic chance of being caught, and battle Ash. Same with Arceus.

As for Darkrai, you are mad if you don't think Mega Mewtwo X wouldn't just wipe the floor with Darkrai, even Tobias's Darkrai with any sort of fighting type move. There can't be any debate here. Even if it was Tobias's Darkrai. Maybe if we're talking about Cynthia having a Darkrai, and she can beat legendary Pokemon LIKE Giratina with her own Darkrai, I could see having a shot. But Tobias's Darkrai wouldn't stand a chance against the original Mewtwo. Maybe New-Two, but not original Mewtwo.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Is ep 7 important?

Probably its title has a HUGE spoiler, that's why they didn't reveal it. You know, like at the end of Alola, they hide one episode to not reveal before time Ash's victory.

Mega Mewtwo has a 780 BST or are you ignoring that for whatever reason.

On top of that Mega Mewtwo X is also part fighting type, which covers its weakness to dark types, the only real thing that can hurt Mewtwo. And even then Mewtwo can learn A LOT of moves. There's no reasonable way any random legendary or mythical Pokemon should be able to defeat Mewtwo. Arceus maybe, but only because Arceus's apparent role in the games lore.

Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, yeah sure, but we are talking about Pokemon that might have a realistic chance of being caught, and battle Ash. Same with Arceus.

As for Darkrai, you are mad if you don't think Mega Mewtwo X wouldn't just wipe the floor with Darkrai, even Tobias's Darkrai with any sort of fighting type move. There can't be any debate here. Even if it was Tobias's Darkrai. Maybe if we're talking about Cynthia having a Darkrai, and she can beat legendary Pokemon LIKE Giratina with her own Darkrai, I could see having a shot. But Tobias's Darkrai wouldn't stand a chance against the original Mewtwo. Maybe New-Two, but not original Mewtwo.

Mewtwo needs a turn to become Mega Mewtwo X. And you are forgetting than, even if he gets strong against Dark Types, Mega Mewtwo X instead gains other weakness: Flying and Fairy. And Ghost types are still strong against him.

And by the way, what if 780 BST?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.