• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Sounds like someone is trying to debate the truth.

Just looking at the animation of the clothes is definitely an evolution SM era animation.
I'd say not just an evolution but perhaps a refinement if it's true that what people are saying about how the crew behind Pocket Monsters is learning what worked and what didn't from SM. With that being said, I wonder if all that experimental storytelling in SM will payoff in Pocket Monsters? I personally hope so.

Red and Blue

Assuming Jessie and James follow Ash and Gou to Galar for episodes 4 and 5 I'm hoping they get their first captures in those episodes. Episode 5 would be a good time while Ash and Gou figure out dynamaxing

Impidimp for Jessie and Polteagist for James

IkeBayern

So what do y’all think will happen first with Ash

- We know that his goal is to be a Pokémon master and he wants to be a “great battler” while Go focuses on catching a lot of Pokémon and eventually Mew!

Will Ash enter the gym challenge in Galar or will he try and re-enter the Indigo League and see if he can win that after his original disaster?

How long do you think it’s gonna take him to decide on his goal since they’re gonna be spending the first 9 episodes of the new series region hopping on missions that the Professor asks them to do with the Ho-oh plot in the mix..

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Ok, this dumb genwarring nonsense ends now, and so does all this idiotic crap about how SM was supposedly the only series that had gag faces in it and how XY was supposedly this dead serious drama. Discuss the show, don't fight dumb fights about how "this series looks like it resembles the series I like more than the series you like so I win haha".

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
To finish the discussion once for all, a rare screencap of Ash with his XY clothes in SM... Oh, wait...
Lrempzu.jpg

-------------------
Koharu in fact looks like an interesting character, unlike the first thoughts of some people(and maybe her appearance itself) she is not going to be Lillie 2.0 and that's good

World Turtle

I love this generation's fighting types.

A wrestling octopus, a duck knight, and spartan kirbys in a phalanx formation.

This is honestly a hard call to pick which one I'd want Ash to get, but seeing as we already did a fighting type with a wrestling theme and I'm a little worried about that dex line about Sirfetch'd retiring from battle after its leek withers (plus Hawlucha was also a bird).

I think I want to see Ash with Falinks. This would be like Exeggcute, Dugtrio, Dodrio, any Pokemon that basically has multiple heads but is treated as a single being. It would be interesting how they'd have Ash interact with such a Pokemon and given they're all pure fighting types I feel Falinks would offer something truly unique to Ash's team he hasn't had before.

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!
Any predictions about Rotom (the dex) making a comeback?

In the most recent preview, they show Go’s dex with the Rotom face in the back, but also without it (at the parts from Lugia episode). The illustrations for the episodes show Go’s dex floating in front of him.

I don’t believe SM’s Rotomdex will be making a comeback, so my prediction is that we’ll get a new Rotom, gettin inside Go’s dex after ep2 (one less talkative, hopefully).

I am PRAYING Rotomdex in SWSH is not nearly as awful as it was in S&M. Thankfully it stayed behind so I'm thinking it's finally taking a backseat (THANK GOD).

Jolepo

I draw tiny drawings of pokemon :9
I don't. Too many of the battles throughout the anime are just filler battles that almost no one talks about. Instead, I'd want this anime to have a bigger focus on important battles that actually serve to develop the characters, including the Pokemon itself.

Totally agree! Just think about all the unmemorable routine of battles against TRio for the sake of having a battle in every episode. As another exemple, BW was full of rivals and tournaments but that didn’t make it a great season.

The fact that TRio is not just a plot device anymore, since last seasons (and especially SM), means the writers been seeing how the regions are full of rich stories beyond good vs evil and battles tournaments (or contests. or random pkmn races).

And now they have the entirety of pokemon universe to write about! (with less TR robots in the way, I hope)

Jolepo

I draw tiny drawings of pokemon :9
I am PRAYING Rotomdex in SWSH is not nearly as awful as it was in S&M. Thankfully it stayed behind so I'm thinking it's finally taking a backseat (THANK GOD).

I am really curious on how they will handle this change of perspective, since it seems that Go and Ash will have a Rotomdex. There will definitely be a Rotom living inside their dexes, but I don’t think they will have any strong personality trait (maybe in a subtle way, like voice tone), as they’re not in the trailers and are not highlighted in the episodes’s description.

The time has come to drop the know-it-all annoying troope!!!’ (I am looking at you Max, Cilan, Clemont, Rotomdex...)

Will Ash enter the gym challenge in Galar or will he try and re-enter the Indigo League and see if he can win that after his original disaster?

Ash re-entering Indigo League would be so insane! With Go having the same protagonism as him, I could see something like this happening (with Go entering the Galar league instead). But this scenario could only occur if the marketing direction of the series views Ash as a link with the older audience and Go as the new face of the games.

(except that I don’t see Go as a battle focused trainer, so my hopes are low on this one)

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Here is my guess on Ash's 8th Gen team.
* Grookey (would stay un-evolved)
* Sobble -> Drizzile (or) Chewtle
* Rookidee -> Corvisquire (doubt it would fully evolve)
* Toxel
* Falinks
* Snom -> Frosmoth (less likely for a capture)
* Cufant
* Dreepy -> Drakloak -> Dragapult (eventually would be released after fully evolving)

ShadowForce720

I don't think that Ash is taking on the Indigo League again unless this is a reboot, and I highly doubt that.

Not necessarily, as it doesn't have to be a reboot in order for Ash to challenge the Indigo League again, as he the only reason he really needs to challenge the Indigo league is that he wants to give it another shot, however this could mean that he would have to collect 8 gym badges again. When you really look at it the only reason why he doesn't re challenge the Indigo League or one of the other leagues he's battled in before is because he usually doesn't have time because of having to collect 8 gym badges for the league that is in the new region and is usually stucked and trapped in that region until he participates in the league there.

However because of the format of the new upcoming series if anything it seems like he will have plenty of time to where it wouldn't be that hard for him to challenge one of the previous leagues like the Indigo League.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Poor guy couldn't even have a proper send off
Not even his Vulpix that motivated Ash to go to Alola appeared in the end

That's what happens when you make even the anime characters themselves cringe right in the first episode
The fact that TRio is not just a plot device anymore, since last seasons (and especially SM), means the writers been seeing how the regions are full of rich stories beyond good vs evil and battles tournaments (or contests. or random pkmn races).

And now they have the entirety of pokemon universe to write about! (with less TR robots in the way, I hope)
They literally have a rocket now, I'm sorry

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Since the last trailer revealed Mr Mime gets some sort of Galarian variant, perhaps Mime Jr could come back and specifically evolve into this version it would fit James well.

D

Deleted member 384931

I understand the research stuff, but it makes the series less free in my opinion. "We only are going to go to this region to do that thing because the prof asked us to do so." In terms of Gou's go that is great to catch stuff , but in terms of the goal of Ash, idk how they will do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.