• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD

Ash
Pikachu
Rookidee-Corviknight
Grookey-Rillaboom
Sobble-Intelleon
Clobbopus-Grapploct
Toxel-Toxtricity
I think Ash hatching a Toxel from an egg that looks up to Pikachu as an older brother would be really cute

I doubt Ash will end up with a fully evolved team but this would be nice.

ShadowForce720

Ash
Pikachu
Rookidee-Corviknight
Grookey-Rillaboom
Sobble-Intelleon
Clobbopus-Grapploct
Toxel-Toxtricity

I doubt Ash will end up with a fully evolved team but this would be nice.

Just pointing this out but he did wind up having a fully evolved team in X&Y. So it's pretty much already established that Ash can have teams where all the pokemon besides Pikachu that can fully evolve do fully evolve.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Ash's team:
Pikachu>Gigantamax
Sobble>Drizzile>Inteleon
Farfetch'd>Sirfetch'd
Sizzlipede>Centiskorch
Impidimp
Dreepy>Drakloak>Dragapult

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
a tie-in manga has ash recollect about some of his past pokemon:
heuILg4.png

@Dephender Is this manga relevant to the main anime in any way, shape, or form?

It seems to be an adaptation of episode 1, it's from the new anime tie-in manga that just started in Corocoro.

But that's not "Satoshi reminiscing about his old Pokemon", it's just an illustration to go with Satoshi telling the reader he's been "battling and getting all kinds of Pokemon" during his self-introduction. It's not going to be in the anime, and which specific Pokemon featured there is kinda irrelevant. So don't give it any thought.

dman_dustin

Doing this again for 8th generation (This only deals with the new Pokemon; including Galarian Forms) I'll make another list for the old generation Pokemon I would like Ash to catch)

It will be in Spoiler tags, so only look if you want it'll also be pretty lengthy, because I went over every Pokemon why or why not Ash should get said Pokemon. This is entirely my opinion. I want to wait a quite a few episodes before deciding on anything more solid.

Let's do a comprehensive list of what Ash could catch, why or why not (Not counting legendaries). *NOTE* This is all highly subjective. **NOTE** Forgive any mistakes, this was made mostly at the time of the leaks and lack of information in the Anime.

Grookey Line
Why? Grookey is sort of a safe bet in comparison to the other starters. He's only ever had one missing Grass starter, Chespin, and thus it might more likely he'll get Grookey. And Ash could be seen with Thwackey or even Rillaboom.
Why Not? There is some debate over whether Ash will get a Galar starter this generation, we haven't seen anything to indicate as such. Since all starters are pure typing, the last time we had that was 2nd generation, therefore it leaves something to be desired.

Scorbunny Line
Why- Scorbunny has safe evolutions, in that it wouldn't make sense not to fully evolve Scorbunny. Cinderace looks like a hero type Pokemon more so than the others, and would fit nicely.
Why not- Go. Ash is very unlikely to capture a Scorbunny because one already belongs to his traveling companion.

Sobble Line
Why- Sobble probably has the most controversial evolution of all three. It might be interesting to see Ash with a spy themed chameleon.
Why not- Probably because it is has the most controversial evolution. The final form has received mix reception. While I do believe the anime will make it look much better, I think its ability to go to Ash will depend largely on whether or not it has any cool signature spy moves.

Rookidee Line
Why? Ash has typically always gotten the regional bird of the series with the one exception of the Alola region. But why? Because he had Rowlet which was a Grass/flying starter, thus it was not necessary for him to also get Pikipek. On top of that of all the Pokemon with flying types listed. Rookidee is the only one that stands out.
Why Not- There could always a chance Ash doesn't get the regional bird and not even a flying type starter (which there isn't), it's possible Ash might not get a flying type.

Skwovet Line
Why? Ash has never gotten the regional rodent before, so here's a chance to finally get a chubby one.
Why Not? Ash has never gotten the regional rodent before. LOL, I guess in this case it being pure normal doesn't stand much chance with Ash. If Ash was getting a normal type, it would need to likely stand out more.

Wooloo Line-
Why- Of the normal types, Wooloo seems like it has the most likely option. Not necessarily a Pokemon that might stick with Ash, but who knows maybe a Pokemon he catches for the sake of catching.
Why Not- It's normal type is something to be less than desired. It honestly looks more like a companion Pokemon

Gossifleur Line
Why? If Ash didn't get Grookey but had to get a Grass type, it's either this or something else. If they did give it to Ash, they might see it as a unique option.
Why Not? Gossifleur is a strange grass type, it almost comes off as the opposite of the Flabebe line, it looks like it would be a fairy type but its not, the reason why it wouldn't be caught is perhaps they think it would belong more as a non main Pokemon or maybe even a companion Pokemon.

Nicket Line-
Why? Nicket and its evolution always came off as a little weird for me. It's not the design I have a problem with in of itself. Objectively I really like Nicket's design, the problem is the 3D model makes Nicket look like it belongs to another franchise completely. HOWEVER the anime will obviously change it, since I can see it having a much more smooth transisition.
Why Not? While it is a dark type, and could work, I feel like its too much like the equivalent of Poochyena. Likelier to be a companion Pokemon, but I'm not against it.

Yamper Line
Why? Yamper would give Ash a second electric type Pokemon.
Why Not? It's unlikely that it being given to Koharu would mean Ash would get it. It's pure typing and its evolution basically being just a dog (LMAO) kind of makes it seem unlikely. If Ash was going to get another electric type, it would have to be dual typing.

Milcery Line
Why? Milcery and its evolution are fairy types and they would be interesting to give to Ash especially since Alchremie comes in many different flavors, it doesn't necessarily have to have the drawback of being feminine.
Why Not? The only real issue is that there are more suitable fairy types out there, and I feel like the sheer number of Alchremie forms might dissuade them from giving one to Ash. If it had a dual typing, I would be more likely to understand.

Blipbug line
Why? This could be a very safe option. Ash could capture a Blipbug and evolve it into Ash's first psychic type. There are more fun psychic types, but it is a safe option.
Why Not? If Ash is going to get a Water Type, Grass Type and Fire Type, given the poor options available Blipbug might be replaced by a different Bug type, unless Ash gets more than one bug type.

Morpeko Line
Why? It would give Ash his first Pikaclone.
Why Not? Its a Pikaclone.

Chewtle Line
Why? If Ash doesn't get a water type in Sobble, the only other Pokemon he's left with is either this or one of the fossil combinations, as such this might be his only option.
Why Not? Ash has gotten turtle Pokemon before and this isn't a bad choice, it's just unclear if Drednaw (based on its Pokedex entry) would work for Ash if his goal is to travel everywhere.

Hattena Line
Why? One of my favorite Pokemon revealed so far, especially of the psychic variety, though Orbeetle is pretty cool. Giving Ash a Hattena would give Ash a first psychic type that might actually work for Ash. The final evolution being part fairy is questionable but it still would be a good choice
Why Not? It's hard to know which feminine Pokemon work and which ones don't. I think of whether a Pokemon is designed for girls or for boys. Hattena is a weird one, since its almost like Raltz which boys do pick (Wally, Max, etc), but they may ultimately decide not to give it to Ash.

Arrokuda Line
Why? Giving Ash a fish Pokemon for once, would actually be interesting, especially since it makes more sense to seldomly appear kind of like Kingler (but Kingler can actually battle)
Why Not? The risk of giving Ash a fish Pokemon and rarely using it might be why the wouldn't give Ash the Pokemon. But hey they gave him Palpitoad.

Cramorant line
Why? Of the water types, one could make the argument this might work for a choice and its a flying type.
Why Not? It being a water/flying and a standalone might be enough to dissuade it from being caught by Ash alone. But add to that there's one other issue. Cramorant is more of a gag Pokemon. Sure some have been forced on Ash (though the species might not have been a gag Pokemon). It's unknown if gag and gimmicky Pokemon will end up on Ash's team. Gimmicky in context to its gulp missile ability.

Silcobra Line
Why? Silcobra is a nice ground type that might work really well with Ash. It's kind of like a Dunsparce/Snivy/Ground mix. In that it kind of resembles Dunsparce, relates to Snivy as a snake, and is a ground type.
Why Not? Team Rocket are going to get Pokemon as well, and since this does look like a burgular type Pokemon with Silcobra having what looks like a burgular sac, it probably will go to Team Rocket.

Sinistea Line
Why? Sinistea would definitely be an interesting ghost type Pokemon that Ash would catch. It would be his first.
Why Not? The Sinistea line looks way too much like it would fit Team Rocket more.

Rolycoly Line
Why? A call back to Roggenrola but with a twist. Ash isn't going to get Scorbunny, so Carkoal and Coalossal might be a fair chance at a fire type.
Why Not? There's probably one better fire type. And if its like Roggenrola or Geodude, it'll need to be a trade evolution.

Cufant Line
Why? Phanpy. Ash caught a Phanpy and so it would be cool to give Ash another elephant Pokemon, especially one that is a steel type. And Copperajah looks pretty neat. Donphan and it should get along fine.
Why Not? There isn't much reason, outside of perhaps its insane design might not translate too well in the anime, but we'll see.

Impidimp Line
Why? For the love of god, this is really the only Pokemon I desire on Ash's team the MOST. I need it to be owned by Ash, I need to fully evolve, I just need the michevious little Imp on Ash's team. Would be a great first fairy and its dark type would be great. It could be Ash's strongest 8th generation Pokemon
Why Not? While its not my opinion, I do have to accept that it might be too mischevious or too evil to be on Ash's team. But of all the Pokemon it is my favorite, and I do want it on Ash's team.

Toxel Line
Why? Forget ALL other electric types, this is the one that I think has the highest chance of being caught by Ash as a secondary electric type. It's dual typing, its a poison type, and therefore would likely have a great shot.
Why Not? Alas there may never be a 2nd electric type on Ash's team. Though Ash did seem to have some interest in Zeraora and I don't think Pikachu would have a problem. Toxtricity looks more like a physical electric type anyway so that would contrast Pikachu has been more of a special electric attacker anyway.

Snom Line
Why? Snom is a little weird but dear GOD is Frosmoth one of the most magestic Pokemon revealed so far. It's ice bug typing would be a really nice Pokemon for Ash. Who doesn't have much experience in Ice (outside of Lapras/Glalie). So Frosmoth would be really cool on Ash's team. Arguably one of my favorite 8th generation bug types.
Why Not? Not the best bug for Ash this generation.

Sizzlepede Line
Why? Honestly the best choice for Ash if he's going to get a fire type. Centiscorch is honestly a really cool fire and bug type, that I think would ultimately work really well with Ash, especially if its going to be a big boy.
Why Not? While I do think its the best bug type for Ash since he's not getting Scorbunny. There are two other bug types that might fit better with Ash in terms of marketing or just simple ease. It all depends on what they want Ash to have. If Ash was going to get two I'd choose Frosmoth and Centiskorch, but I could live with Orbeetle with either of these options.

Clobbopus Line
Why? For a fighting type, I do think Clobbopus has a much a higher chance of Ash getting it than he did Crabrawler. And Grapploct will be great with Hawlucha. It's a shame it's not a water type, otherwise that would be my top pick.
Why Not? It's pure typing is a little off putting, and Ash only has two of the only wrestler Pokemon (well if you consider Hariyama to be a little different and not the same as Hawlucha/Incineroar), so they might pull back on it, plus it would be 3 generations in a row.

Duraludon
Why? It's steel dragon typing would be an interesting choice for Ash to have. It's not like Ash would get a Dialga for example
Why Not? One of the weakest dragon types that could go to Ash. There are at least two better options

Stonjourner
Why? Stonjourner is certaintly an interesting Pokemon that could be given to Ash. I mean it's unknown what purpose it would serve.
Why Not? It's inclusion on Ash's team would be weird in comparison to the other Pokemon he could get.

Pincurchin-
Why? Second Electric type?
Why Not? It's pure typing is left to be desired, but since Toxel was already poison type, I guess Pincurchin also being poison would've been weird and Toxel would've been superior choice anyway. Pincurchin might be a team rocket Pokemon.

Indeedee
Why? If it is a psychic dark type that would definitely be an interesting Pokemon to give to Ash.
Why Not? Indeedee very much looks like it'll either be a companion Pokemon, a rival Pokemon or even a Team Rocket Pokemon, which to me means Ash won't get it. It looks more like it'll be a rival's Pokemon in the sense that it might be like their starter or signature, it'll be their equivalent of a Pikachu.

Applin Line (?)
Why? A Grass/Dragon is definitely a cool typing, and if Ash doesn't get Grookey this Ash's best grass type choice he could get. Which is why I think Grookey is Ash's best choice here for marketing.
Why Not? Flapple makes sense, Appletun, just confuses the hell out of me, is it a split evolution or is it an evolution from Flapple. I ask because Flapple looks like it would have a specific direction, suddenly changing a winged grass dragon thing to a grounded giant dragon apple pie/bakery item, is extremely weird, but it could happen.

Eiscue
Why? Eiscue is ridiculous enough that it would be hilarious to give Ash this Pokemon.
Why Not? It might be too ridiculous.

Dreepy Line
Why? Not only is it a dragon type but its also a ghost type, this might be Ash's best chance to get a ghost type THIS generation of all the options since the other ghost types are Galarian forms (unless you think Sinistea has a chance).

Falinks
Why? It's an interesting fighting type.
Why Not? It's standalone and gimmicky especially since it appears to be more than one thing.

Dracozolt
Why? Same for all four of these Pokemon. Ash having one of the four options for a fossil types Makes sense.
Why Not? It's an electric dragon which is cool but seems incredibly unlikely of the four options.

Arctozolt
Why? Same as Dracozolt, but I do like the Electric/Ice combination the best (although it doesn't have the best design).
Why Not? It is part electric, and I do think there are better electric types.

Dracofish
Why? Same as Dracozolt, but here's a little bit more likeliness. If Ash doesn't get Sobble, I do think Dracovish or Arctovish would be Ash's best chance.
Why Not? As cool as the dragon typing is, there are better dragon types.

Arctovish

Why? Same as Dracozolt but with added twist. I do think its water/ice type and its design would fit Ash the best, especially if he doesn't get Sobble.
Why Not? If Ash gets Sobble he might get something else and its unclear if these are the best choices. The weird fossil combination and their typings might also be a problem.

Galarian Forms:

Meowth Line
Why? While Cuffant are better steel types, it still would be interesting to have Ash with a Meowth.
Why Not? I feel like Go with Galarian Meowth would be much better choice.

Ponyta-
Why? Pontya is probably my favorite regional variant of all of them.
Why Not? Out of all the Galarian forms its the least likely for multiple reasons. I don't think they would give Ash a My little Ponyta, and of all the Galarian forms it's one of the few that doesn't have anything unique except typing (it shares this with Weezing, Darumaka, and Stunfisk)

Farfetch'd
Why? Would definitely be interesting to see.
Why Not? It's probably my least favorite Galarian variant. Only because I'm not sure I understand Sirfetch'd all that much other than its a knight of some kind with a giant lance. If Ash is getting Corvinight I feel like giving Ash Sirfetch'd would be redundant. Plus I think if Ash gets Corviknight Sirfetch'd would work better as a rival Pokemon.

Weezing
Why? IF Koffing is normal and evolves into Galarian Weezing then I doubt Ash will get one. Since I doubt they'd go through giving Ash a Koffing.
Why Not? I think Go catching a Koffing might present a more unique interaction especially with James from Team Rocket. Besides imagine Go catching Koffing and bringing it to Galar only to evolve it there.

Mr. Mime line
Why? Galarian Mr. Mime would be a unique choice for Ash, it would be psychic/ice. This stands out because I imagine it would get along with Delia's Mr. Mime.
Why Not? Well it might be too crazy to give Ash his own Mr. Mime.

Corsola line

Why? It definitely would be interesting to give Ash a ghost type Corsola. Maybe even have it meet Misty's Corsola in a future episode.
Why Not? It's pure ghost typing is weird especially since you'd think it would at least be part rock. How does a water/rock become pure ghost anyway. Like did it really become that ethereal?

Stunfisk
Why? Ash getting a Stunfisk would be a nice call back to Cilan, and Ash might even interact with Cilan this generation. Ash with a Galarian form Stunfisk might definitely be interesting to see interacting with Cilan's.
Why Not? Go could just be more likely and give Go a reason to interact with Cilan, while Ash has history.

Zigzagoon Line
Why? It was the major Galarian form shown. I imagine it would be hilarious if Ash caught a Zigzagoon in Hoenn thinking it was shiny, taking it to Galar only to realize (WAIT, it's actually a Galarian Zigzagoon that just happened to be in the Hoenn Regions).
Why Not? Obstagoon really looks like it would belong more to a rival Pokemon than a Pokemon Ash actually has. Plus giving Ash something like Grimmsnarl might be a great counter

Darumaka line
Why? It certaintly is a weird ice type galarian form.
Why Not? It reeks too much of Sandshrew and Vulpix, the insistence of not creating ice types but just using old Pokemon, the difference is at least 8th generation created more than one ice type Pokemon, so it does get a pass there.

Yamask line
Why? I really wanted Ash to potentially get Yamask, so there is a pretty nice chance here. It's ground typing could be pretty nice, providing a ghost/ground Pokemon.
Why Not? While Ghost/ground is a cool typing, I still feel iffy it makes sense to give Ash such a Pokemon like that. There are much better ghost types.

Konja7

I agree that BW was the only time Ash was reset. In SM Ash was not reset. However Pikachu has been resetting a lot tbh. Tying against latios to losing to snivy even when it had two functioning attacks. Doing well against lucario (somewhat) and then losing to a surskit? ( Did u really beat latios Pikachu?) And then in alola Pikachu did show some difficulty against mimikyu tho that is more bearable since mimikyu is shown to be a powerhouse. I don't think Pikachu was reset for alola that much. And now in the new series after destroying tapu koko, it seems to be having trouble with scorbunnies -_-

I think the many reset of Pikachu is why people say Ash was reset all the time.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Doing this again for 8th generation (This only deals with the new Pokemon; including Galarian Forms) I'll make another list for the old generation Pokemon I would like Ash to catch)

there are a couple of oddballs I had to dig in here.

Let's do a comprehensive list of what Ash could catch, why or why not (Not counting legendaries). *NOTE* This is all highly subjective. **NOTE** Forgive any mistakes, this was made mostly at the time of the leaks and lack of information in the Anime.

Dreepy Line
Why? Not only is it a dragon type but its also a ghost type, this might be Ash's best chance to get a ghost type THIS generation of all the options since the other ghost types are Galarian forms (unless you think Sinistea has a chance).

first off where's the why not option? secondly, this is probably the one pokemon I am not sure they'll give to ash (don't get me wrong I like this things design), if only on account of the fact it fires it's first forms like missiles at the enemy? If it fired actually energy darts it'd be one thing, but earlier forms of itself? Using other pokemon as actual weapons in combat screams extreme to me, and I don't know if the writers have the guts to go there.

Ponyta-
Why Not? Out of all the Galarian forms its the least likely for multiple reasons. I don't think they would give Ash a My little Ponyta, and of all the Galarian forms it's one of the few that doesn't have anything unique except typing (it shares this with Weezing, Darumaka, and Stunfisk)

Again with the feminism? Seriously this thing could give him two new types after it evolves

Farfetch'd
Why Not? It's probably my least favorite Galarian variant. Only because I'm not sure I understand Sirfetch'd all that much other than its a knight of some kind with a giant lance. If Ash is getting Corvinight I feel like giving Ash Sirfetch'd would be redundant. Plus I think if Ash gets Corviknight Sirfetch'd would work better as a rival Pokemon.

Galar Farfetch'd is already a fighting type as is, and even if it was still flying, when has that stopped the writers in the past from giving Ash multiple type pokemon?

Last edited:

dman_dustin

there are a couple of oddballs I had to dig in here.

first off where's the why not option? secondly, this is probably the one pokemon I am not sure they'll give to ash (don't get me wrong I like this things design), if only on account of the fact it fires it's first forms like missiles at the enemy? If it fired actually energy darts it'd be one thing, but earlier forms of itself? Using other pokemon as actual weapons in combat screams extreme to me, and I don't know if the writers have the guts to go there.
This was actually supposed to be the why not. Sometimes when I write a list like this, I tend to move ahead to put down my thoughts on other things because its what my brain focused on and in this instance I forgot to go back to why not?

Dreepy- Why Not?- The concept of using its past evolutions for attacking is a weird thing, it works in the games, because you don't have to think about it, but it is a weird thing to have happen in the anime. Unless they decide to make it different for the anime, maybe they use holographic versions the past evolutions.

Again with the feminism? Seriously this thing could give him two new types after it evolves
Again not seeing why this is considered a feminism thing since the idea its feminist contradicts my feelings on it? Again its a design thing, PURELY a design thing and from the perspective of the producers. If I'm wrong SO be it, I'm wrong. But until I see that they are willing to give it this kind of designed Pokemon TO a male character like Ash or something, I don't expect Ash to get it. It would be cool and interesting, but it otherwise doesn't make sense to me that they would give him a Galarian Ponyta. I just don't see it, there are more suitable psychic and fairy types to give Ash that's not on the basis of a Galarian form.

As I said before I'm looking at it FROM their perspective, if they think its okay to give Ash a Galarian Ponyta, then I'll gladly accept it. If they don't, there's kind of an obvious reason why they won't. If they want to suddenly progressive or whatever, that's their choice. But I'm not holding my breath.

Galar Farfetch'd is already a fighting type as is, and even if it was still flying, when has that stopped the writers in the past from giving Ash multiple type pokemon?
Yes I know Hawlucha and Talonflame, prove me wrong, immediately. I just don't think it make any sense to give Ash Rookidee and Farfetch'd. Especially when you consider that if they really wanted Ash with a fighting type, why not give him the octopus Pokemon? I think that's easier to work with than apparently requiring a Pokemon to defeat 3 Pokemon in a row, maybe evolving after or leveling up (I really don't know how that works), but I don't see them having Ash's hypothetical Farfetch'd defeating three Pokemon in a row to evolve, or at least allowing an episode like that.

Wish the quotes weren't so different from an earlier forum system, it would make these posts easier to make.

ShadowForce720

It will be in Spoiler tags, so only look if you want it'll also be pretty lengthy, because I went over every Pokemon why or why not Ash should get said Pokemon. This is entirely my opinion. I want to wait a quite a few episodes before deciding on anything more solid.

Grookey Line
Why? Grookey is sort of a safe bet in comparison to the other starters. He's only ever had one missing Grass starter, Chespin, and thus it might more likely he'll get Grookey. And Ash could be seen with Thwackey or even Rillaboom.
Why Not? There is some debate over whether Ash will get a Galar starter this generation, we haven't seen anything to indicate as such. Since all starters are pure typing, the last time we had that was 2nd generation, therefore it leaves something to be desired.

Scorbunny Line
Why- Scorbunny has safe evolutions, in that it wouldn't make sense not to fully evolve Scorbunny. Cinderace looks like a hero type Pokemon more so than the others, and would fit nicely.
Why not- Go. Ash is very unlikely to capture a Scorbunny because one already belongs to his traveling companion.

Sobble Line
Why- Sobble probably has the most controversial evolution of all three. It might be interesting to see Ash with a spy themed chameleon.
Why not- Probably because it is has the most controversial evolution. The final form has received mix reception. While I do believe the anime will make it look much better, I think its ability to go to Ash will depend largely on whether or not it has any cool signature spy moves.

Rookidee Line
Why? Ash has typically always gotten the regional bird of the series with the one exception of the Alola region. But why? Because he had Rowlet which was a Grass/flying starter, thus it was not necessary for him to also get Pikipek. On top of that of all the Pokemon with flying types listed. Rookidee is the only one that stands out.
Why Not- There could always a chance Ash doesn't get the regional bird and not even a flying type starter (which there isn't), it's possible Ash might not get a flying type.

Skwovet Line
Why? Ash has never gotten the regional rodent before, so here's a chance to finally get a chubby one.
Why Not? Ash has never gotten the regional rodent before. LOL, I guess in this case it being pure normal doesn't stand much chance with Ash. If Ash was getting a normal type, it would need to likely stand out more.

Wooloo Line-
Why- Of the normal types, Wooloo seems like it has the most likely option. Not necessarily a Pokemon that might stick with Ash, but who knows maybe a Pokemon he catches for the sake of catching.
Why Not- It's normal type is something to be less than desired. It honestly looks more like a companion Pokemon

Gossifleur Line
Why? If Ash didn't get Grookey but had to get a Grass type, it's either this or something else. If they did give it to Ash, they might see it as a unique option.
Why Not? Gossifleur is a strange grass type, it almost comes off as the opposite of the Flabebe line, it looks like it would be a fairy type but its not, the reason why it wouldn't be caught is perhaps they think it would belong more as a non main Pokemon or maybe even a companion Pokemon.

Nicket Line-
Why? Nicket and its evolution always came off as a little weird for me. It's not the design I have a problem with in of itself. Objectively I really like Nicket's design, the problem is the 3D model makes Nicket look like it belongs to another franchise completely. HOWEVER the anime will obviously change it, since I can see it having a much more smooth transisition.
Why Not? While it is a dark type, and could work, I feel like its too much like the equivalent of Poochyena. Likelier to be a companion Pokemon, but I'm not against it.

Yamper Line
Why? Yamper would give Ash a second electric type Pokemon.
Why Not? It's unlikely that it being given to Koharu would mean Ash would get it. It's pure typing and its evolution basically being just a dog (LMAO) kind of makes it seem unlikely. If Ash was going to get another electric type, it would have to be dual typing.

Milcery Line
Why? Milcery and its evolution are fairy types and they would be interesting to give to Ash especially since Alchremie comes in many different flavors, it doesn't necessarily have to have the drawback of being feminine.
Why Not? The only real issue is that there are more suitable fairy types out there, and I feel like the sheer number of Alchremie forms might dissuade them from giving one to Ash. If it had a dual typing, I would be more likely to understand.

Blipbug line
Why? This could be a very safe option. Ash could capture a Blipbug and evolve it into Ash's first psychic type. There are more fun psychic types, but it is a safe option.
Why Not? If Ash is going to get a Water Type, Grass Type and Fire Type, given the poor options available Blipbug might be replaced by a different Bug type, unless Ash gets more than one bug type.

Morpeko Line
Why? It would give Ash his first Pikaclone.
Why Not? Its a Pikaclone.

Chewtle Line
Why? If Ash doesn't get a water type in Sobble, the only other Pokemon he's left with is either this or one of the fossil combinations, as such this might be his only option.
Why Not? Ash has gotten turtle Pokemon before and this isn't a bad choice, it's just unclear if Drednaw (based on its Pokedex entry) would work for Ash if his goal is to travel everywhere.

Hattena Line
Why? One of my favorite Pokemon revealed so far, especially of the psychic variety, though Orbeetle is pretty cool. Giving Ash a Hattena would give Ash a first psychic type that might actually work for Ash. The final evolution being part fairy is questionable but it still would be a good choice
Why Not? It's hard to know which feminine Pokemon work and which ones don't. I think of whether a Pokemon is designed for girls or for boys. Hattena is a weird one, since its almost like Raltz which boys do pick (Wally, Max, etc), but they may ultimately decide not to give it to Ash.

Arrokuda Line
Why? Giving Ash a fish Pokemon for once, would actually be interesting, especially since it makes more sense to seldomly appear kind of like Kingler (but Kingler can actually battle)
Why Not? The risk of giving Ash a fish Pokemon and rarely using it might be why the wouldn't give Ash the Pokemon. But hey they gave him Palpitoad.

Cramorant line
Why? Of the water types, one could make the argument this might work for a choice and its a flying type.
Why Not? It being a water/flying and a standalone might be enough to dissuade it from being caught by Ash alone. But add to that there's one other issue. Cramorant is more of a gag Pokemon. Sure some have been forced on Ash (though the species might not have been a gag Pokemon). It's unknown if gag and gimmicky Pokemon will end up on Ash's team. Gimmicky in context to its gulp missile ability.

Silcobra Line
Why? Silcobra is a nice ground type that might work really well with Ash. It's kind of like a Dunsparce/Snivy/Ground mix. In that it kind of resembles Dunsparce, relates to Snivy as a snake, and is a ground type.
Why Not? Team Rocket are going to get Pokemon as well, and since this does look like a burgular type Pokemon with Silcobra having what looks like a burgular sac, it probably will go to Team Rocket.

Sinistea Line
Why? Sinistea would definitely be an interesting ghost type Pokemon that Ash would catch. It would be his first.
Why Not? The Sinistea line looks way too much like it would fit Team Rocket more.

Rolycoly Line
Why? A call back to Roggenrola but with a twist. Ash isn't going to get Scorbunny, so Carkoal and Coalossal might be a fair chance at a fire type.
Why Not? There's probably one better fire type. And if its like Roggenrola or Geodude, it'll need to be a trade evolution.

Cufant Line
Why? Phanpy. Ash caught a Phanpy and so it would be cool to give Ash another elephant Pokemon, especially one that is a steel type. And Copperajah looks pretty neat. Donphan and it should get along fine.
Why Not? There isn't much reason, outside of perhaps its insane design might not translate too well in the anime, but we'll see.

Impidimp Line
Why? For the love of god, this is really the only Pokemon I desire on Ash's team the MOST. I need it to be owned by Ash, I need to fully evolve, I just need the michevious little Imp on Ash's team. Would be a great first fairy and its dark type would be great. It could be Ash's strongest 8th generation Pokemon
Why Not? While its not my opinion, I do have to accept that it might be too mischevious or too evil to be on Ash's team. But of all the Pokemon it is my favorite, and I do want it on Ash's team.

Toxel Line
Why? Forget ALL other electric types, this is the one that I think has the highest chance of being caught by Ash as a secondary electric type. It's dual typing, its a poison type, and therefore would likely have a great shot.
Why Not? Alas there may never be a 2nd electric type on Ash's team. Though Ash did seem to have some interest in Zeraora and I don't think Pikachu would have a problem. Toxtricity looks more like a physical electric type anyway so that would contrast Pikachu has been more of a special electric attacker anyway.

Snom Line
Why? Snom is a little weird but dear GOD is Frosmoth one of the most magestic Pokemon revealed so far. It's ice bug typing would be a really nice Pokemon for Ash. Who doesn't have much experience in Ice (outside of Lapras/Glalie). So Frosmoth would be really cool on Ash's team. Arguably one of my favorite 8th generation bug types.
Why Not? Not the best bug for Ash this generation.

Sizzlepede Line
Why? Honestly the best choice for Ash if he's going to get a fire type. Centiscorch is honestly a really cool fire and bug type, that I think would ultimately work really well with Ash, especially if its going to be a big boy.
Why Not? While I do think its the best bug type for Ash since he's not getting Scorbunny. There are two other bug types that might fit better with Ash in terms of marketing or just simple ease. It all depends on what they want Ash to have. If Ash was going to get two I'd choose Frosmoth and Centiskorch, but I could live with Orbeetle with either of these options.

Clobbopus Line
Why? For a fighting type, I do think Clobbopus has a much a higher chance of Ash getting it than he did Crabrawler. And Grapploct will be great with Hawlucha. It's a shame it's not a water type, otherwise that would be my top pick.
Why Not? It's pure typing is a little off putting, and Ash only has two of the only wrestler Pokemon (well if you consider Hariyama to be a little different and not the same as Hawlucha/Incineroar), so they might pull back on it, plus it would be 3 generations in a row.

Duraludon
Why? It's steel dragon typing would be an interesting choice for Ash to have. It's not like Ash would get a Dialga for example
Why Not? One of the weakest dragon types that could go to Ash. There are at least two better options

Stonjourner
Why? Stonjourner is certaintly an interesting Pokemon that could be given to Ash. I mean it's unknown what purpose it would serve.
Why Not? It's inclusion on Ash's team would be weird in comparison to the other Pokemon he could get.

Pincurchin-
Why? Second Electric type?
Why Not? It's pure typing is left to be desired, but since Toxel was already poison type, I guess Pincurchin also being poison would've been weird and Toxel would've been superior choice anyway. Pincurchin might be a team rocket Pokemon.

Indeedee
Why? If it is a psychic dark type that would definitely be an interesting Pokemon to give to Ash.
Why Not? Indeedee very much looks like it'll either be a companion Pokemon, a rival Pokemon or even a Team Rocket Pokemon, which to me means Ash won't get it. It looks more like it'll be a rival's Pokemon in the sense that it might be like their starter or signature, it'll be their equivalent of a Pikachu.

Applin Line (?)
Why? A Grass/Dragon is definitely a cool typing, and if Ash doesn't get Grookey this Ash's best grass type choice he could get. Which is why I think Grookey is Ash's best choice here for marketing.
Why Not? Flapple makes sense, Appletun, just confuses the hell out of me, is it a split evolution or is it an evolution from Flapple. I ask because Flapple looks like it would have a specific direction, suddenly changing a winged grass dragon thing to a grounded giant dragon apple pie/bakery item, is extremely weird, but it could happen.

Eiscue
Why? Eiscue is ridiculous enough that it would be hilarious to give Ash this Pokemon.
Why Not? It might be too ridiculous.

Dreepy Line

Falinks
Why? It's an interesting fighting type.
Why Not? It's standalone and gimmicky especially since it appears to be more than one thing.

Dracozolt
Why? Same for all four of these Pokemon. Ash having one of the four options for a fossil types Makes sense.
Why Not? It's an electric dragon which is cool but seems incredibly unlikely of the four options.

Arctozolt
Why? Same as Dracozolt, but I do like the Electric/Ice combination the best (although it doesn't have the best design).
Why Not? It is part electric, and I do think there are better electric types.

Dracofish
Why? Same as Dracozolt, but here's a little bit more likeliness. If Ash doesn't get Sobble, I do think Dracovish or Arctovish would be Ash's best chance.
Why Not? As cool as the dragon typing is, there are better dragon types.

Arctovish

Why? Same as Dracozolt but with added twist. I do think its water/ice type and its design would fit Ash the best, especially if he doesn't get Sobble.
Why Not? If Ash gets Sobble he might get something else and its unclear if these are the best choices. The weird fossil combination and their typings might also be a problem.

Galarian Forms:

Meowth Line
Why? While Cuffant are better steel types, it still would be interesting to have Ash with a Meowth.
Why Not? I feel like Go with Galarian Meowth would be much better choice.

Ponyta-

Farfetch'd

Weezing
Why? IF Koffing is normal and evolves into Galarian Weezing then I doubt Ash will get one. Since I doubt they'd go through giving Ash a Koffing.
Why Not? I think Go catching a Koffing might present a more unique interaction especially with James from Team Rocket. Besides imagine Go catching Koffing and bringing it to Galar only to evolve it there.

Mr. Mime line
Why? Galarian Mr. Mime would be a unique choice for Ash, it would be psychic/ice. This stands out because I imagine it would get along with Delia's Mr. Mime.
Why Not? Well it might be too crazy to give Ash his own Mr. Mime.

Corsola line

Why? It definitely would be interesting to give Ash a ghost type Corsola. Maybe even have it meet Misty's Corsola in a future episode.
Why Not? It's pure ghost typing is weird especially since you'd think it would at least be part rock. How does a water/rock become pure ghost anyway. Like did it really become that ethereal?

Stunfisk
Why? Ash getting a Stunfisk would be a nice call back to Cilan, and Ash might even interact with Cilan this generation. Ash with a Galarian form Stunfisk might definitely be interesting to see interacting with Cilan's.
Why Not? Go could just be more likely and give Go a reason to interact with Cilan, while Ash has history.

Zigzagoon Line
Why? It was the major Galarian form shown. I imagine it would be hilarious if Ash caught a Zigzagoon in Hoenn thinking it was shiny, taking it to Galar only to realize (WAIT, it's actually a Galarian Zigzagoon that just happened to be in the Hoenn Regions).
Why Not? Obstagoon really looks like it would belong more to a rival Pokemon than a Pokemon Ash actually has. Plus giving Ash something like Grimmsnarl might be a great counter

Darumaka line
Why? It certaintly is a weird ice type galarian form.
Why Not? It reeks too much of Sandshrew and Vulpix, the insistence of not creating ice types but just using old Pokemon, the difference is at least 8th generation created more than one ice type Pokemon, so it does get a pass there.

Yamask line
Why? I really wanted Ash to potentially get Yamask, so there is a pretty nice chance here. It's ground typing could be pretty nice, providing a ghost/ground Pokemon.
Why Not? While Ghost/ground is a cool typing, I still feel iffy it makes sense to give Ash such a Pokemon like that. There are much better ghost types.

Just pointing this out but
in regards to Rolycoly line it's actually confirmed that it's whole line evolves by level up and not by trade. Also in regards to the whole Applin thing, Applin has a split evolution in that it can either evolve into Flapple using the Tart Apple or if it uses the sweet apple it can evolve into Appletun. Also an interesting note about Galarian Darmanitan is that if Ash gets one with it's hidden ability Zen Mode then it will be able to transform into it's Zen Mode and become a Ice/Fire type. Also in regards to Corsola not sure if your thinking that a normal Water/Rock Corsola evolves into a Cursola, but just pointing this out but it's a Galarian Corsola(pure Ghost type) that evolves into Cursola also their based on dead coral that's why there Ghost types.

World Turtle

Ash getting Galar Ponyta would be hilarious if only for the "Ash is a Brony" memes. I think they could make this work for Ash if he gets it at as an egg and Ponyta is treated as his daughter and in turn she's a total Daddy's Girl towards Ash.

I don't think Ash is getting a Fire type seeing as they skipped Grass and Water in XY and SM. My current theory is they're skipping each one before going back to Ash catching all 3 Starters in Gen 9.

Anyways, I love the Dreepy line. I want Ash to get it so much...
Its a Dragon/Ghost amphibian crossed with a stealth bomber and it fires out its speed happy babies as missiles and they enjoy it! ...who came up with this? What kind of drugs were they on?

Galar Zigzagoon: this region's Scraggy/Krookodile/Incineroar imo. It'd be nice to see Ash get a Normal-type that isn't part flying.

Snom: Ice and Bug are two of the underused types Ash has so this would be getting two types with one catch.

dman_dustin

Just pointing this out but
in regards to Rolycoly line it's actually confirmed that it's whole line evolves by level up and not by trade. Also in regards to the whole Applin thing, Applin has a split evolution in that it can either evolve into Flapple using the Tart Apple or if it uses the sweet apple it can evolve into Appletun. Also an interesting note about Galarian Darmanitan is that if Ash gets one with it's hidden ability Zen Mode then it will be able to transform into it's Zen Mode and become a Ice/Fire type. Also in regards to Corsola not sure if your thinking that a normal Water/Rock Corsola evolves into a Cursola, but just pointing this out but it's a Galarian Corsola(pure Ghost type) that evolves into Cursola also their based on dead coral that's why there Ghost types.

1. Didn't know about Rolycoly evolving leveling up, so there's that. Haven't quite had the time to look up every new Pokemon and their evolution methods, ESPECIALLY since I barely updated the list from when the leaks happened, and evolution methods were not as knowing.
2. Yes barely found out Applin is a split evolution, so there's that going for it which is kind of cool. I had a feeling it was a weird Pokemon.
3. No, I knew Galarian Corsola was pure ghost. I'm saying I get why it becomes a ghost, the whole water into a ghost made sense. I'm just saying I'm confused more as to why they completely made it a pure ghost type in the first place. I still think a rock/ghost would've been a better typing than just pure ghost. Not even Cursola is a rock type but that makes sense, I guess. I just don't like all the pure typings happening, I just think a rock/ghost would've been more interesting, especially in regards to the other ghost Pokemon. Now I'm only really interested in Dreepy.

But there's past generation Pokemon that I need to focus on.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Ripped from Anipoke PR

EJO7EKqVUAA8K1j

OK, I think we need a recap of these trophies.

+ Royal Mask's statue?: What it that? A secondary trophy for defeating Royal Mask after Alola's Pokemon League?
+ The Trophy of Alola's Pokemon League.
+ Ash's Z-Power Ring.
+ Orange League' Trophy.
+ Ash's Unova Gym badges.
+ Ash's Sinnoh Badges (Next to Unova's Badges).
+ Ash's Hoenn Badges (Next to Sinnoh's Badges).
+ Ash's Frontier Symbols.
+ Ash's Kalos badges. (Next to Ash's Pokémon League Badge).
+ Ash's Pokémon League Badge from Kanto's League.

We are missing:
+ Ash's Kanto Badges.
+ Ash's Orange Archipelago Badges.
+ Ash's Johto Badges.
+ Ash's Z-Crystals.

We are the missing Items?

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
UhVXtrH.jpg

Wow, they look way better in 2D than 3d. I think I can get behind Ash getting both Grookey and Sobble now.

Definitely, the Grass Gorilla suits Ash, but I'm still no sure about the Water Lizard.

By the way, even if they are going to travel to different Regions now, I hope we will have episodes of Ash going to the Gyms of Galar after all.

World Turtle

Definitely, the Grass Gorilla suits Ash, but I'm still no sure about the Water Lizard.

By the way, even if they are going to travel to different Regions now, I hope we will have episodes of Ash going to the Gyms of Galar after all.

Intelleon is basically the super spy lizard to Greninja's ninja frog. Water type wise its either him or Dreadnaw while Grookey only really has the Applin line as competition and while I like the Apple Wyrm pun idk if it fits Ash very well.

I’m all for Ash getting Sobble and it evolving to Inteleon. The spy theme sounds cool and Inteleon fits Ash’s preferred battle style as a speedy battler. And as mentioned, it’s pretty much the super spy equivalent to Greninja’s ninja frog.

Zariful

Sobble sounds like the Pokémon that would get uncomfortable around people, but would hide behind Ash. But then as it evolves, it could be like whatever man. But I don’t wanna make an argument that Ash can’t work with slow Pokémon. Because I imagine Melmetal is pretty slow and he was able to get some wins. Does he like to go fast, definitely. But I’ve always seen Ash as the kind of trainer that can find ways to adapt to his Pokémon’s style.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think that Sobble suits Ash at all. It's more fitting for Gou, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.