• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

World Turtle

Sobble sounds like the Pokémon that would get uncomfortable around people, but would hide behind Ash. But then as it evolves, it could be like whatever man. But I don’t wanna make an argument that Ash can’t work with slow Pokémon. Because I imagine Melmetal is pretty slow and he was able to get some wins. Does he like to go fast, definitely. But I’ve always seen Ash as the kind of trainer that can find ways to adapt to his Pokémon’s style.

Its not about being slow for me per se its about how with the drum set it makes Rillaboom look stationary as in he doesn't really move at all. ...Unless the writers embrace the "power of rock and roll" maybe Rillaboom can be Torterra done right?

Red and Blue

I don't think that Sobble suits Ash at all. It's more fitting for Gou, in my opinion.
How? Ash has worked with meek Pokemon like Sobble before

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I'm not sure why Flygon has never been owned by anyone in the main cast thus far considering that it's one of the most popular Gen III Pokemon from the look of things. Then again, Lucario's popular as well, yet it was never owned by a cast member either. I don't know what factors the writers use when they decide on which Pokemon the cast members capture these days, in all honesty.
People thought Rica Matsumoto choosed some of Ash's pokemon in the show, but she debunked the theory herself.

IDK, in terms of marketing, Kanto/Johto (which were basically pikachu + starters, with some randoms mixed), Unova (starters + event scraggy) and shamelessly Alola had it in spades with Ash's teams. I take the other teams just had more freedom to be built. Yeah, things as flygon, braviary or lucario would sure be material for a protagonist's team if we're going just by their design. In flygon's case, I think it just wasn't promoted enough.

Lucario it's more singular, since the thing is shilled the hell out since its movie and have basically appeared every saga since Sinnoh as some sort of variable boss level opponent. I mean, it already peaked its popularity, it's already a timeless pokemon that can pretty much fit into any protagonist's team with no much problem, independent of the current generation and without steal anyone's spotlight, if we take Kiawe' charizard as an example. Or that boy from movie 20 who had a lucario that was basically a walking action figure. The only reason I think Ash hadn't one in Sinnoh was because of infernape (who ironically stole everyone's thunder). Nowadays, who knows?

Doing this again for 8th generation (This only deals with the new Pokemon; including Galarian Forms) I'll make another list for the old generation Pokemon I would like Ash to catch)

It will be in Spoiler tags, so only look if you want it'll also be pretty lengthy, because I went over every Pokemon why or why not Ash should get said Pokemon. This is entirely my opinion. I want to wait a quite a few episodes before deciding on anything more solid.

Dunno, if I go for hattena's line dex entries, have someone always hype and noisy as Ash training a pokemon that prefers calm and collected persons looks endearing. I'd like, but I don't think the anime staff would give him one, anyway.

How? Ash has worked with meek Pokemon like Sobble before
Probably because intelleon it's slightly androgynous. Not enough of a reason for Ash don't have one, though.

Last edited:

Zariful

Its not about being slow for me per se its about how with the drum set it makes Rillaboom look stationary as in he doesn't really move at all. ...Unless the writers embrace the "power of rock and roll" maybe Rillaboom can be Torterra done right?
Rillaboom can’t learn Giga impact or brick break?

Zariful

I just think that Ash isn't getting any of the starters.
Reiterating this statement over and over doesn’t make it sound any more likely

dman_dustin

Dunno, if I go for hattena's line dex entries, have someone always hype and noisy as Ash training a pokemon that prefers calm and collected persons looks endearing. I'd like, but I don't think the anime staff would give him one, anyway.

Not sure why they decided to make a hypocrite Pokemon especially when one of them is considered a witch (which seems like the opposite of what how it acts), but yeah the Pokedex entries can be added to the "why not" unless of course the Pokedex entries are for the average of that Pokemon, and Ash gets one that's the opposite, that doesn't like it when its calm. Because you'd have to think it would be at least plausible for that to be the case. They all can't hate strong emotions, that would be a weird trait to have that not a single one would be reasonably an outcast. It would make sense if there was one that was kicked out for having strong emotions and not liking the calm. Otherwise why does this Pokemon even exist, it could never properly be used in battles (at least in a real life sort of comparison like the anime), obviously the games don't matter at all here.

World Turtle

They need all three starters on the main cast. Unless Gou is getting all three Ash has a shot at least at one of them

I was wondering if to treat them as "equals" Ash would get Pikachu and 1 and Gou would get Scorbunny and the other. That way both have two starters (since Pikachu is Ash's starter).

Reactions: RLC

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Not sure why they decided to make a hypocrite Pokemon especially when one of them is considered a witch (which seems like the opposite of what how it acts), but yeah the Pokedex entries can be added to the "why not" unless of course the Pokedex entries are for the average of that Pokemon, and Ash gets one that's the opposite, that doesn't like it when its calm. Because you'd have to think it would be at least plausible for that to be the case. They all can't hate strong emotions, that would be a weird trait to have that not a single one would be reasonably an outcast. It would make sense if there was one that was kicked out for having strong emotions and not liking the calm. Otherwise why does this Pokemon even exist, it could never properly be used in battles (at least in a real life sort of comparison like the anime), obviously the games don't matter at all here.
Eh, Ash doesn't need to get the black sheep/special snowflake everytime. Wouldn't a hattena that likes him despite be a screaming kid 24/7 of the day be enough? Work their quirks to find common ground looks better. Same if he had a sirfetch'd that retires from battles, but regains its resolution to fight again.

ShadowForce720

Both Grookey and Sobble look like they suit Gou more than Ash. I think that Gou is getting all 3 starters.

Just pointing this out but saying that Ash won't get a Grookey and Sobble because to you they look like they suit Gou more then Ash is a pretty weak argument, considering that is completely subjective and if you ask other people about it you would likely get a couple different answers. I mean even if Gou were to get all 3 Galar starters I'm sure there are much better arguments then oh they suit Gou more then Ash. I mean at least we already know that Gou is getting a Scorbunny, but as for the other 2 starters it could go either way.

dman_dustin

I like how people think that certain Pokemon don't suit Ash, as if people's opinion matters to the producers of the show.

I mean sure this is all opinions/speculation which is fine, but I don't really see any reason to deprive Ash of a starter Pokemon, I mean Grookey and Sobble might be the only suitable Grass and Water types they would be willing to give to Ash.

But I'm willing to accept maybe they want to do something different here. The issue is that I can't imagine Ash without a Fire, Grass as well as a water. And it's not like Sizzlipede or Rolycoly is confirmed or anything.

Eh, Ash doesn't need to get the black sheep/special snowflake everytime. Wouldn't a hattena that likes him despite be a screaming kid 24/7 of the day be enough? Work their quirks to find common ground looks better. Same if he had a sirfetch'd that retires from battles, but regains its resolution to fight again.

Feel like Ash getting the black sheep/special snowflake, is MUCH better than Ash getting the same old same old (which is why the criticism towards Ash-Greninja and Dusk Form Lycanroc always rubbed me the wrong way, it's like WHY DOES ASH need to have the same old same old Pokemon we've seen countless before, shouldn't Pokemon on the main cast, at the very least be relatively unique?).

The exception is if said Pokemon suits Ash entire persona. A brave Pokemon would suit Ash very well, why give him the coward of a species unless Ash can turn that coward Pokemon into the bravest of the species (for example). I just think if they wanted to give Ash a Pokemon where the Pokedex entry seems to indicate a certain way that wouldn't mesh well with Ash normally, they'd have to give him the odd one out.

Red and Blue

Both Grookey and Sobble look like they suit Gou more than Ash. I think that Gou is getting all 3 starters.
Why? What is it about them that wouldn't work with Ash but somehow fits better with Gou? How is Grookey any different than Chimchar or Oshawott?

Status
Not open for further replies.