• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

Both Grookey and Sobble look like they suit Gou more than Ash. I think that Gou is getting all 3 starters.
The starters are the most marketable Pokémon and there is no way that Ash should not get a least one since he is also a main character in the series. This series is just not about only Go and just because Go’s goal is to capture Pokémon doesn’t mean that Ash shouldn’t catch anything. Last time I checked you need to capture Pokémon in order to have a team. So it stands to reason that Ash is going to capture marketable gen 8 Pokémon and getting at least one of the gen 8 starters helps him continue to do that plus the starters will get better focus on Ash’s team then Go’s because if they went to Go then Scorbunny is going over shadow them where on Ash’s team they don’t have to worry about Pikachu over shadowing them because Pikachu doesn’t need to get as much focus as them.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The starters are the most marketable Pokémon and there is no way that Ash should not get a least one since he is also a main character in the series. This series is just not about only Go and just because Go’s goal is to capture Pokémon doesn’t mean that Ash shouldn’t catch anything. Last time I checked you need to capture Pokémon in order to have a team. So it stands to reason that Ash is going to capture marketable gen 8 Pokémon and getting at least one of the gen 8 starters helps him continue to do that plus the starters will get better focus on Ash’s team then Go’s because if they went to Go then Scorbunny is going over shadow them where on Ash’s team they don’t have to worry about Pikachu over shadowing them because Pikachu doesn’t need to get as much focus as them.
Ash is most likely not catching much of anything, and will instead focus mostly on battles, while Gou will do the bulk of the capturing.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Again you can’t focus on battles with just Pikachu and so far there are no signs that are pointing to him using Pokémon at the lab.
He might catch some Pokemon, but probably not much. Gou will probably get almost all of the captures.

Jolepo

I draw tiny drawings of pokemon :9
I agree that BW was the only time Ash was reset. In SM Ash was not reset. However Pikachu has been resetting a lot tbh. Tying against latios to losing to snivy even when it had two functioning attacks. Doing well against lucario (somewhat) and then losing to a surskit? ( Did u really beat latios Pikachu?) And then in alola Pikachu did show some difficulty against mimikyu tho that is more bearable since mimikyu is shown to be a powerhouse. I don't think Pikachu was reset for alola that much. And now in the new series after destroying tapu koko, it seems to be having trouble with scorbunnies -_-

Pikachu’s power seems to an extension of Ash’s willpower. So, when Ash is still not much engaged (start of journeys, basically) Pikachu don't give all it can, imo. And when Ash is rebooted (BW), so is Pikachu.

ShadowForce720

He might catch some Pokemon, but probably not much. Gou will probably get almost all of the captures.

Just pointing this out but there are currently 890 pokemon not to mention possibly more being added mid-generation, even if you took away all the legendary & mythical pokemon with the exception of Mew, and took away all the pokemon that Ash, Team Rocket Trio, Ash's companions, and Ash's rivals that they have ever own there would still be enough for Ash and Gou to get full teams. Also just because Gou is going to be catching a lot of pokemon doesn't prevent Ash from catching and getting a full team as well, because let's be honest 90% or more of the pokemon Gou catches will be ones that he just sends to the lab and never uses meaning they have no impact on what Ash catches and aren't important enough to prevent Ash from catching the same mon.

The only times where Ash won't get a pokemon specifically because of Gou having it will be because of it being a pokemon that Gou is actually actively using on his team to help him capture other pokemon.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Sobble sounds like the Pokémon that would get uncomfortable around people, but would hide behind Ash. But then as it evolves, it could be like whatever man. But I don’t wanna make an argument that Ash can’t work with slow Pokémon. Because I imagine Melmetal is pretty slow and he was able to get some wins. Does he like to go fast, definitely. But I’ve always seen Ash as the kind of trainer that can find ways to adapt to his Pokémon’s style.
Melmetal’s slowness was trained out of it by twirling with the rest of Satoshi’s more agile and speedy Pokemon. Well at least the slowness of Double Iron Bash.
Is imposible that Ash won't catch any Galar pokémon
I honestly could see Satoshi not making many captures given the co-protagonist Gou’s goal is Catchin’ Em All. Plus this still isn’t a SwSh anime so he could easily get one or no Galar Pokemon. They usually spoiler his capture by now or we have a hint toward that and well they haven’t.

ShadowForce720

Melmetal’s slowness was trained out of it by twirling with the rest of Satoshi’s more agile and speedy Pokemon. Well at least the slowness of Double Iron Bash.
I honestly could see Satoshi not making many captures given the co-protagonist Gou’s goal is Catchin’ Em All. Plus this still isn’t a SwSh anime so he could easily get one or no Galar Pokemon. They usually spoiler his capture by now or we have a hint toward that and well they haven’t.

In all honestly Gou having the goal to catch Mew and all non-legendary, UB, and Mythical pokemon doesn't mean that Ash's won't get a full team or will somehow get a reduce amount of captures. Like for instance say Gou catches a Rookidee but then immediately puts it in the lab and never uses it why on earth would that suddenly magically prevent Ash from catching one when Gou's potentially Rookidee in this scenario wouldn't be relevant. Basically if Gou is going to be catching all all non-legendary, UB, and Mythical pokemon then it's extremely unlikely that he is going to use a vast majority of them if anything chances are 90% or more of Gou's captures are just going to be stored at the lab and never be used, with Gou only using pokemon that he intends to have as a active team member like Scorbunny.

Also just because they haven't spoiled a capture for Ash yet doesn't mean that Ash isn't going to get something soon. I mean when you really get down to they haven't spoiled Gou's 2nd capture either and it's extremely doubtful that were just going to go all the way from now to late 2020 with not a single pokemon joining Ash's and Gou's team besides Scorbunny. Now while it's true that this isn't the SwSh anime it's also true that this is the pokemon anime and at the end of the day gen 8 pokemon are still pokemon, so chances are it's pretty likely that Ash and Gou are going to be catching some gen 8 pokemon besides Scorbunny. Just like how I don't think that Ash and Gou are only going to get gen 8 pokemon, I also don't think there going to go without getting any gen 8 pokemon besides Scorbunny.

If anything I think there teams are going to be a mix of past gen pokemon and gen 8 pokemon, while in Ash's case he will probably have a mix to where some he catches some past gen pokemon and some gen 8 pokemon but also uses some of his reserves.

Master Pikachu 11

You should literally wait till the new opening is shown before you make these assumptions. Again they can’t just have him battle with just Pikachu alone as it would get boring real quick. There are no signs as of yet that Ash is using any of his old Pokémon at Oak’s lab, the Bulbasaur episode seems to focus more on wild Bulbasaurs and their line instead of Ash’s, the Snorlax episode seems to focus on a wild one instead of Ash’s. Before Ash was trying to decide what was next and he mentioned to Professor Kukui if he should just catch more Pokémon, is a hint. Just because Ash is focus on battles doesn’t mean he can’t catch new Pokémon for his team, you can’t have battles with other trainers without capturing Pokémon. Just because we a new companion whose goal is to capture Pokémon mostly Mew, doesn’t mean that the writers should ignore Ash and make him not capture anything, the series would be absolutely boring if they did that.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ash:
Pikachu
Inteleon - I'm certain that Sobble will evolve, seems fitting. Ash helps it out with its anxiety and Sobble eventually evolves to protect him and Pikachu. But that middle evolution.... both it and Grookey's, I doubt they'd keep them there.
Rillaboom - Not staying a Grookey, that's for sure. Least popular of the starters
Corviknight - Caught as a Rookidee, might be the first capture? But unless Ash catches it while they're in Galar(Most his bird captures were quick and not focus of the plot so...) in a few episodes, I think Sobble will be his first
Dreepy - It's a cute Dragon!
?????

Pokemon that I'd want him to get but have doubts on:
Obstagoon - Thankfully Marnie doesn't have one as her ace, what IS her ace I doubt they'd change as I have a hard time seeing that on the main cast... even though it'd be awesome!
Ponyta and Farfetch'd
Rolycoly - I was team Rolycoly from the start but the evolutions swayed me and made me doubtful if Ash'll get it.
Flapple

As for old Pokemon appearing? Let's wait and see, people are obviously getting too excited about the Bulbasaur and Snorlax episodes, but there's nothing saying he can't bring somebody back at some point. And yes, Melmetal does have a Gigantimax but if you remember from XY and SM, a lot of Megas and some z-moves never appeared in the anime!
I'm sure we'll see his Kanto starters reunite again, Greninja(Cause that Greninja is surely his) returns, and Gible evolving for DP remake promotion. But beyond that I'm not expecting too much, it'll be nice though if we actually got to see everybody! Especially if Kingler finally got a moment to shine and go Gigantimax!

Go:
Scorbunny - Hello marketable starter
Drednaw - Typical disobedient Pokemon
Something from Sinnoh
We'll see how they handle him, but I think a vast majority of his captures are going to be just that. No characterization, no permanent place on his team. I mean if they actually do let him catch a lot, that's going to happen. They can't give a personality to literally everything he catches

Boltund - Evolves late, I see them milking Yamper as long as possible and I don't mind that one bit! Can't hate dogs!
???? Honestly given the Mallow and Lillie situation, I'm not going to hold out hope she gets a second. I mean she isn't even a main character!

James:
Thievul - If not I hope Ash gets one
Polteageist
Grapploct

Jessie:
Sandaconda - She typically gets snake Pokemon
Thievul? I kinda see this one with Team Rocket in general
And this is probably highly unlikely... but I'd love it if the TRio wound up with Toxtricity!

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
I guess by now it should be acceptable to openly say that Corviknight might well have my favorite regional bird line (even if shiny Noctowl still holds a spot in my heart as one of my favorites). It would be absolutely criminal if Ash doesn't get Rookidee, especially since he skipped the regional bird last gen.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Well, now we don't need to put spoilers:
Ash full team:
1.Pikachu
2.Rillaboom ( this guy is amazing I love SSJ3 hair)
3.Intelleon
4.Corviknight
5.Dragapult
6.Carkoal( I feel this would be Boldore situation) or 6. LORD SNOM.
This Gen is beautiful except some Pokemon and some Galar forms that Ash deserves to catch more than past gen Pokemon. He had a chance in previous series to catch these and he didn't, now it's time for Gen 8 Pokemon to shine.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

Guess this officially confirms that this is not a reboot, finally we can stop this silly talk of it. I hope Ash brings up a lot of his past to Go and what's her face. I also maybe they watched a few if his accomplished scenes on tv like what happened with Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.