• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shotgunrain

This is probably not the right thread to comment about this but I can't find an appropriate one so here goes. I was wondering if perhaps this new anime format will be what TPC intends to implement going forward. Since Galar is sharing the focus with all other regions here, I can see this style continuing indefinitely, for example when Gen 9 gets released, the anime might not end in the way that all previous regions in the series have ended, but instead continue forward, introducing the Gen 9 region in some way and then Ash and Go will explore that region (maybe introduce a new travelling companion along the way), but still return to Vermillion and then continue travelling randomly to the other regions as well along with the Gen 9 region. So in this way, there won't be a need for a 'soft reboot' when the Gen 9 games are released, unlike what they have done in the past. Thoughts?

Konja7

This is probably not the right thread to comment about this but I can't find an appropriate one so here goes. I was wondering if perhaps this new anime format will be what TPC intends to implement going forward. Since Galar is sharing the focus with all other regions here, I can see this style continuing indefinitely, for example when Gen 9 gets released, the anime might not end in the way that all previous regions in the series have ended, but instead continue forward, introducing the Gen 9 region in some way and then Ash and Go will explore that region, but still return to Vermillion and then continue travelling randomly to the other regions as well along with the Gen 9 region. So in this way, there won't be a need for a 'soft reboot' when the Gen 9 games are released, unlike what they have done in the past. Thoughts?

I think it is pretty possible we won't return to the previous formula (Ash travels to a new region and wants to compete in the League) for Gen 9.

However, I'm not so sure that this situation as assistant of Professor Sakuragi could be mantained indefinitely

Red and Blue

So Melmetal has a Gigantamax form. Assuming a raid battle happens in Alola I really hope Ash uses it

Leonhart

Imagineer
Of the new Pokemon that I've seen, I really like the flaming centipede evolutionary line, so I hope someone in the main cast gets it. Since Gou will have Hibanny, I suppose that Satoshi getting the centipede could happen since he usually has a Fire-type.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Of the new Pokemon that I've seen, I really like the flaming centipede evolutionary line, so I hope someone in the main cast gets it. Since Gou will have Hibanny, I suppose that Satoshi getting the centipede could happen since he usually has a Fire-type.
Ash could go without a Fire-type, considering that he didn't have a Grass-type Pokemon in Kalos and a Water-type Pokemon in Alola.

BlueDragonfangirl

I hope not, because I don't like the idea of Gou and Koharu idolizing Satoshi from the get-go. It would remind me of how the XY cast treated Satoshi with overwhelming reverence, which bothered me somewhat.
Funny that, XY series is a top favorite of mine. I like it when Ash gets credit for when he deserves it. I hate sagas that have him treated horrible.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
So Melmetal has a Gigantamax form. Assuming a raid battle happens in Alola I really hope Ash uses it
So as charizard, snorlax and kingler (God knows the last one could use some love), but aside pikachu, any other of his pokemon able to G-maxing can or can not be used.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
However, I'm not so sure that this situation as assistant of Professor Sakuragi could be mantained indefinitely

I sure hope it's not. When you play through Galar you realize how having a homebase in that region actually works, unlike Alola. Just take a train and you're in another city! Really makes the matter of the homebase being Vermillion more aggravating...
Though if Galar actually gets fair and proper showing, I might be more open to the idea. They'd just have to add a new character to help keep it fresh, a benefit of only having two mains. Or bump Kotaru's status to a main I suppose, Ash and Go are probably going to inspire her to get out there at the end of the saga regardless. I see Go and Kotaru both going on an adventure of their own at the end, with Ash going back home for whatever comes next.

I hope not, because I don't like the idea of Gou and Koharu idolizing Satoshi from the get-go. It would remind me of how the XY cast treated Satoshi with overwhelming reverence, which bothered me somewhat.

The main issue for me was literally the entire region of Kalos worshipped Ash for like no reason. I'd rather they hold off on anyone idolizing Ash until he starts his Galar campaign, bunch of random characters being fans like NPCs in SWSH and possibly Hop as well, who chooses Ash to be his rival. That way Ash has fans like people want, but it's not forced

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I don’t have a problem with Ash being treated with the same respect as everyone else. Just as long as when he and others do something stupid that not only he gets called out.

Konja7

Maybe because they don't know abot Ash accomplishment

Honestly, even if Gou and Koharu know about Ash's accomplishment, I doubt they will idolize him.

Gou focus on catching Pokemon. So, he probably doesn't care much about Pokemon battles and Satoshi's achievements in Pokeamon League.

Koharu has a Yamper, but she doesn't seem very pleased with people obsessed with Pokemon (like his father).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
About Leon

I think he might actually be the first champion Ash is allowed to face, and also win against. There's not an Elite Four so I see this being an exceptionable case, Ash beats the Pokemon League(or Champion Cup) and gets to bring Leon's ego down a peg.... hopefully with his own Charizard! His Charizard needs to defend his title of strongest Charizard after all! And what would be a cool scenario to show Ash still ain't a Master? Cynthia's Garchomp kicking Pikachu's butt into the next generation lol

Oh, and I hope they handle the end game scenarios with Hopp, Bede, and Marnie correctly. No 'Marnie's already the gym leader lol' crap like they pulled with Cheren in BW

I am excited to see Ash FINALLY battle a Dark gym leader after all these years!

Zariful

I feel like if it's being stated that Dynamaxing can happen anywhere in the anime, it would make little sense to not let them try it.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Will it be possible for Ash and Gou to capture Zacian and Zamazenta?

If Pikachu can beat Eternatus Eternamax (with the most effort in the raid battle other than the legendaries), then he might redeem his possible power reset in this series...

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
I think Ash and Leon battling for the championship is set now... We might even see Ash's personal (aka writers') ideal "Dream Team"...

So, will it be Gou vs. Rose?

Status
Not open for further replies.