• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Thinking about it; why would he use a new capture for an important match? Wouldn’t make sense to use an inexperienced Pokémon compared to his arguably strongest for an important match.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kawaii Emolga said:
So, Go will catch Scorbunny in ep 5 and, right in the next episode will catch a Scyther (and o lot of others bug pokémon, but looks like Scyther will stay in the main team), while Ash don't catch anything new?! I know he have reserves and would be really cool see some old pokémon returning, but, it would be nice to see Ash catching some Galar pokémon.

The fact that Gou is capturing Pokemon more frequently than Satoshi doesn't bother me. Satoshi has had more screen-time in the past and it seems like Gou's making quick progress just so that he'll catch up to Satoshi. I expect that Satoshi will begin getting new Pokemon by next year.

Leonhart

Imagineer

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Isnt it odd that Gou uses a Scyter in his first ever pokemon, instead of his starter Scorbunny?

Not really, Scizor could be his powerhouse. Like how Dawn had Mamoswine while Piplup served as comedy relief, heck more recently Soph's Vikavolt was more of an ace than his starter.

I'd prefer that as I'm sick of the dumb "Base form better than final form lulz" mentality the anime loves to preach.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
Not really, Scizor could be his powerhouse. Like how Dawn had Mamoswine while Piplup served as comedy relief, heck more recently Soph's Vikavolt was more of an ace than his starter.

I'd prefer that as I'm sick of the dumb "Base form better than final form lulz" mentality the anime loves to preach.

I do think that his Hibanny will likely be more like Pochama in the sense that it'll be Gou's mascot Pokemon, which isn't necessarily a bad thing from my viewpoint. Overall I like that Gou's making quick progress and even though we probably won't see him meet Mew until the end of this saga, the writers are handling his goal quite well so far.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kawaii Emolga said:
About today episode: WHERE ARE THE GALAR POKÉMON OF THAT CITY??? The only ones where Scorbunny and the Nickit gang, we don't even see someone with some Galar pokémon in the background :/

I'm guessing that the rest of the Gen VIII Pokemon are being saved for when Satoshi and Gou head back to Galar in the future. The writers probably just want to save as many Gen VIII species debuts as they can.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm guessing that the rest of the Gen VIII Pokemon are being saved for when Satoshi and Gou head back to Galar in the future. The writers probably just want to save as many Gen VIII species debuts as they can.

Seems silly to do so when Pokemon like Spritzee, Cutiefly, and a lot of other Pokemon were background Pokemon for a long time before they got focus episodes.
Seeing more Galar Pokemon would have made it actually feel like they were in Galar, they may have been in Wyndon but it sure as heck didn't feel like it. No Rose Tower, stadiums, anything to build up for later on.... and only one of the Galar starters.... Sobble and Grookey are getting it even worse than poor Litten did.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I don't think that the writers even care about the Satoshi and Sakaki dynamic given that their small battle in Isshu wasn't exactly memorable, and nothing came out of it other than Satoshi looking weaker. So I doubt that a rematch is in order.

Yes, it is in order. That battle is memorable for the very simple fact that, after almost 2 decades avoiding a direct face-off (if we don't count "Mewtwo's Return" special as it was erased from Giovanni's memory at least), we finally saw these two in a proper battle. Even when Ash was supposed to face Giovanni as the last Gym Leader of Kanto, it was avoided (surely because of Mewtwo) and the TR Trio took his place. So, it is time for Ash finally defeat Giovanni in a proper battle. And since it's very possible for Ash to call on his old Pokemon during this season, he can actually have heavy artillery against Giovanni, like Charizard, Snorlax, Torterra and others.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Yes, it is in order. That battle is memorable for the very simple fact that, after almost 2 decades avoiding a direct face-off (if we don't count "Mewtwo's Return" special as it was erased from Giovanni's memory at least), we finally saw these two in a proper battle. Even when Ash was supposed to face Giovanni as the last Gym Leader of Kanto, it was avoided (surely because of Mewtwo) and the TR Trio took his place. So, it is time for Ash finally defeat Giovanni in a proper battle. And since it's very possible for Ash to call on his old Pokemon during this season, he can actually have heavy artillery against Giovanni, like Charizard, Snorlax, Torterra and others.
As much i would like to see that it too late as you have to making it like xy arc

Thumbs2

Doesn't the fact that it took so long prove the fact that nobody was really clamoring for a battle, yet alone a rematch?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Doesn't the fact that it took so long prove the fact that nobody was really clamoring for a battle, yet alone a rematch?
The problem with that statement is the sad truth that the anime's sole existence is marketing and nothing else. Anything like great storytelling, excellent battles, great characters, all of that is allowed to happen if it can serve the marketing. There has been fan support for a battle against Giovanni but the reason why the anime avoids that isn't because the fans aren't clamoring for it. It's because the team behind the anime aren't really interested in it for now. It will only happen if they think it's good marketing, key-word they and not us. What we think doesn't matter otherwise they wouldn't have ruined the Black & White storyline like that or they wouldn't have let Ash lost in the XY finale.

ShadowForce720

Well he's in Hoenn so maybe a Flygon he caught off-screen like with James's Weepinbell or Brock's Zubat? Maybe in the wild area?

The other options are Charizard and Rowlet.

There is also Mr. Mime, and Snorlax. Also in regards to Ash catching a Flygon off-screen, yes I know Ash's Poipole evolved offscreen but that was a case where it had left Ash for awhile and came back after it evolved into Naganadel, however I'm not sure they would really have Ash catch something off-screen as they tend to like to show how Ash caught the pokemon so that we can get more attached to it.

Sure Gou will probably catch some pokemon offscreen but that's more because of his goal of him catching all the pokemon(with some exceptions) and the pokemon he catches off screen will likely be ones that he doesn't really use anyway.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i'm not trusting those pictures personally, since only Charizard and Snorlax (both of which seem like overkill to use since Ash seems to be taking the competition down easily) or Rowlet (though I don't see why he'd get it back so soon) would be usable based on that fact, and I really don't see Ash capturing Mr. Mime either.

Perhaps since their in hoenn, Ash might use one of his Hoenn pokemon, maybe Sceptile so that he can teach Go that type mechanic's don't always apply in battle since that notion does seem to play a factor in the summary for that episode with Go's first opponent.

World Turtle

i'm not trusting those pictures personally, since only Charizard and Snorlax (both of which seem like overkill to use since Ash seems to be taking the competition down easily) or Rowlet (though I don't see why he'd get it back so soon) would be usable based on that fact, and I really don't see Ash capturing Mr. Mime either.

Perhaps since their in hoenn, Ash might use one of his Hoenn pokemon, maybe Sceptile so that he can teach Go that type mechanic's don't always apply in battle since that notion does seem to play a factor in the summary for that episode with Go's first opponent.

Mightyena can learn Fire Fang. Scyther is going to feel that burn.

Maybe Ash can use Corphish? They could use this chance to evolve him. I've always liked Crawdaunt.

Red and Blue

If Ash is adding Mimey to his team we are totally getting a episode were he fights his Galarian counterpart. Or Mr. Rime

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
If Ash is adding Mimey to his team we are totally getting a episode were he fights his Galarian counterpart. Or Mr. Rime
Mr. Mime is a very cool Pokemon in my opinion. In Pokemon Adventures, Mr. Mime's barrier-making abilities are deceptively powerful that even someone like Alain's Mega Charizard who has the brute force to take on legions of Mega Evolution can have an extremely difficult time laying a finger on Mr. Mime unless with a certain Brick Break move of course. If they do use Mr. Mime, I hope they show it's battling side more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.