• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

I'm completly against Ash or Go getting Piplup, specially considering it was a pokémon owned by a former co-star.

Verity is fine because the movie is an AU and she is was a new character but for Ash or Go? No, thanks.

If May can get a Bulbasaur and Squirtle, while Dawn can get a Cyndaquil, and Serena and Lana can get an Eevee despite Ash having a Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Cyndaquil and May having an Eevee then I don't see the problem with Ash or Gou getting a Piplup especially since it's not like it would be the same Piplup as the one Dawn had and they could go down the route of fully evolving it into an Empoleon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
I'm completly against Ash or Go getting Piplup, specially considering it was a pokémon owned by a former co-star.

Verity is fine because the movie is an AU and she is was a new character but for Ash or Go? No, thanks.

That's one strike against the Pochama theory I suppose, although there have been times when a new cast member caught a Pokemon that an old cast member owned before. Eievui in particular stands out since it was owned by three cast members so far. I think another Pochama being in the cast wouldn't be unreasonable as a result.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Alright, if Ash is going to get one of the new Ghost types(I'm including regional variants that evolve into new Pokemon), which do you think he'd get?

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedJirachi said:
Alright, if Ash is going to get one of the new Ghost types(I'm including regional variants that evolve into new Pokemon), which do you think he'd get?

I guess I wouldn't mind if he gets Dorameshiya just because I like its final evolution. I also like Galarian Sunnygo, so I wouldn't mind if he were to get one and evolve it into Sanigon.

World Turtle

I guess I wouldn't mind if he gets Dorameshiya just because I like its final evolution. I also like Galarian Sunnygo, so I wouldn't mind if he were to get one and evolve it into Sanigon.

I third Dreepy. I love the thing it is crazy awesome personified.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Hmm, has anyone noticed that Ash and Go raise their right arms at the end of the opening to do their "not handshake"? Kinda suspicious, given that the Dynamax band goes on the right arm

D

Deleted member 384931

Hmm, has anyone noticed that Ash and Go raise their right arms at the end of the opening to do their "not handshake"? Kinda suspicious, given that the Dynamax band goes on the right arm
But isn't Gou left handed?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I'm honestly worried that they aren't gonna let Ash have any new Pokemon this gen. Possibly only using Pikachu anywhere and everywhere he goes.

I think that may be how they balance Go capturing everything he can.......

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I'm honestly worried that they aren't gonna let Ash have any new Pokemon this gen. Possibly only using Pikachu anywhere and everywhere he goes.

I think that may be how they balance Go capturing everything he can.......
good luck for Ash in any battle that would require more than 2 pokémon LOL

MissAngel

Drizzile=My Spirit Pokemon
I think Ash will get something around February/March, though it could happen sooner.

I'm liking Scorbunny so far: nice personality and they animate its moves well. Still rather unsure if it'll evolve. It's very marketable and they milk its cuteness a lot but its evolutions seem really popular and marketable as well. Probably too early to tell.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
you can throw me in the piplup camp as well.

I find it stupid that it's ok for Ash's female companions to get pokemon he's owned (and even evolve them in May's case, Dawn's Cyndaquil evolved quicker than Ash's did, and It would not surprise me at all if Iris was to show back up with that Gible she caught evolved) but he can't do the same? Especially now during a time where he should be allowed to get anything?

Besides he could actually get Piplup to evolve, since we know Dawn's probably isn't going through with it, that alone would be enough of a difference to be a good capture.

regardless whenever Ash does capture a pokemon I wonder how Go will react to it, since we know Ash doesn't usually follow "standard" procedures in doing it unlike most trainers, think about it yes Go caught a lot of pokemon in today's episode, but there didn't seem to be much feeling behind those captures compared to how Ash obtains pokemon.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
I think Ash will get something around February/March, though it could happen sooner.

I'm liking Scorbunny so far: nice personality and they animate its moves well. Still rather unsure if it'll evolve. It's very marketable and they milk its cuteness a lot but its evolutions seem really popular and marketable as well. Probably too early to tell.
It's really hard to say. They are in a sort of Catch 22 where both Scorbunny and the final evo Cinderace are going to be insanely popular and marketable. A part of me wonders if they'd ever be bold enough to have Go keep his Scorbunny unevolved and then give Ash a Raboot to evolve into Cinderace (maybe a shiny one?) to be more of a battler. Extremely unlikely to happen of course. But still, usually when they had a start remain unevolved, its final evo wasn't particularly iconic. The Unova finals or Decidueye or Chesnaught had their fans and were popular. But not compared to their preevos. With Scorbunny, I can see a situation where the basic is insanely marketable and the final is also insanely marketable.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Question : why didn't Go's pokemon automatically got transferred to Sakuragi's Lab after catching first five?
When Ash caught Sewaddle after having a full party of 6 in BW (Pikachu, the starters, Pidove, and Scraggy), Sewaddle’s Pokéball shrunk and became inaccessible but stayed with Ash until he went to a Pokémon Center at the end of the episode to swap Pidove for Sewaddle.

ShadowForce720

Go was shown with a Taillow in today's preview.

I don't think it was clear enough in the preview if that Taillow we saw did in fact belong to Go or if it belonged to someone else or is just a wild pokemon that happened to be nearby. Now I'm not saying that the Taillow couldn't belong to Go because it is possible that he could have caught it in the episode or even caught it off-screen, I'm just not sure if that scene is the preview is really enough to say that the Taillow belongs to Go.

World Turtle

Let's see we've met Gou, learned his goal, he's got his starter, he's caught his first pokemon or 12, and will soon have his first official battle as a trainer. That feels like they'll have checked off all the things to establish his character for now. Hopefully they'll switch to Ash for the next few episodes and let him start catching his Galar team.

Status
Not open for further replies.