• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DropEspeon said:
Given the recent SwSh DLC news, I wouldn't be surprised if Ash ended up with a Kubfu. SM showed us they're not opposed to giving Ash mythicals, and this series certainly hasn't been holding back on the wish-fulfillment.

From what we've seen of the DLC, Kubfu's plot would feel right at home in the anime.

I've heard people say this, but I don't see why Satoshi would suddenly become the poster boy for the new DLC Pokemon. He hasn't caught any Galar Pokemon thus far, so I don't think that the writers necessarily care about having him showcase them in the future.

Leonhart

Imagineer
CMButch said:
Leon is not main rival but more as goal,a challenge to overcome.Similar how Ash's challenge is to beat Pokemon league,Ash's challenge is to beat Leon.Is league Ash's rival?No. There is chance that Ash won't even get to Top 8 ,that would lose in Top 8 and that would lose to Leon.Morrison was Ash's AG rival so Hop could be.if he appeared once and late.

I agree that Dande isn't a rival in the normal sense, because that would imply that Dande strives to defeat Satoshi just as much as Satoshi desires to beat him, even though that's not part of Dande's character from what we've seen. Dande and Satoshi are far from being equals anyway, so I don't think that a standard rivalry would work with them.

That's a tough one.

The obvious choices are Single Strike for Ash and Rapid Strike for Gou.

Ash tends to rely on on-the-go strategies and instinct. Observing the opponent beforehand has never been his go-to strategy. With how bold and upfront he is, Single Strike is perfect for him.

Gou, on the contrary, is far more calm and analytical. He's the kind of person to go in with a plan, if at all possible. So, of course, Rapid Strike.

But that's boring! Go for the ol' switcheroo! Give them a challenge!

...but that wasn't the question, so, yeah, what I mentioned at the start.

Ash used an observe then attack strategy back in Hoenn league.

I don't think Go should get an Kubfu unless people want Kubfu to get a lot of screentime. He is not a strong battler yet and beating a tower would take a lot of training.

Better scenario would be Ash getting Kubfu that evolves into one form and a rival getting another form. I know it has been done before but this sort of rivalry can be quite interesting if done well.

I've heard people say this, but I don't see why Satoshi would suddenly become the poster boy for the new DLC Pokemon. He hasn't caught any Galar Pokemon thus far, so I don't think that the writers necessarily care about having him showcase them in the future.
Even though I agree with you, I would take Kubfu over Riolu any day. Not that I don't like Riolu. I just think Kubfu is more interesting.

desdar300

He may not have any now but that doesn't mean that he won't get any in the future.

JoaquinLorie

I think today's trailer settled the 'Will he/won't he' on Kubfu, there's like a 99.9% chance of it happening.
I honestly look forward to that arc, solely because of the battle focus alone
And it's nice to know that at least two of his captures won't be fully evolved, Riolu and Kubfu

Hopefully Lucario and Kubfu form a bond

I think if Ash gets Riolu and Kubfu, both would be evolve. Here are my reasons:
1. Kubfu's whole point is to evolve into one of the two styles. So Ash would have to go through one of the towers.
2. Riolu evolves through friendship, Ash is the perfect trainer for this. Also, given the Lucario merchandise, i think it's obvious.

We still dont know what route the anime will take....Maybe Ash will have a couple of Galar arcs.
Also, its a perfect arc for Ash to go through the isle of Armor. And i guess they wouldnt give Kubfu to a random person, if there are 2 Kubfu, one for Ash and one for another char.

While I'm hoping to see Ash use Mr. Mime, Dragonite, and Gengar in a triple battle soon. I do hope he uses his Kanto Pokemon only for battles in Kanto and when he goes to Sinnoh he'll use Riolu and either whatever else he gets from Sinnoh or calls in Gible and the rest of the Sinnoh Team same with his Johto mons in Johto and so on.

This saga is a world tour that promotes all the regions right? Well I want to see him use his Sinnoh Pokemon in Sinnoh I don't want to just see him use his Kanto mons in every fight. Pikachu being the obvious exception (and even then I'd like him to take a backseat).

Ash has like 40+ Pokemon and I want everyone to get a chance to shine and show their skill. Arranging his teams to fight in their respective regions seems the best way to manage that imo.

I agree, i want Ash's teams to fight in their respective regions. Thats why i made the world championships Ash vs Molayne prediction, Ash using Incineroar, Rowlet and Dusk Lycanroc.

World Turtle

I'd love to see an episode set in a volcano where Gou would capture a Boober and several other Fire-types. I actually really liked the sixth episode of this series because of the Bug catching spree Gou went on, so I really want to see something similar again soon.

Come to think of it I would like to see him go on a catching hunt episode for each type. Though he could go on quite a few bug catching sprees or fishing trips (the water type has a lot of members under it...). Maybe by environment would be better? Mountain/volcano = Rock and Fire. Also, Ground, Fighting, and Zubat along with other cave dwelling Pokemon. Like he goes spelunking or on a hike.

game3524

It is wish casting.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Don’t see why he couldn’t in the future. We’re only 5 months into this season and he’s only been to Galar twice. The new DLC Pokémon offer more immediate exposure and marketing than Pokémon who’ve been known to the public for almost half a year now. Plus after him getting Pokémon to promote SM (Rowlet & Incineroar), USUM (Dusk Lycanroc and Naganadel), and LGPE (Melmetal and somewhat of Pikachu since these games are remakes of games loosely based on the anime), I could see him getting some aspect of the DLC as promotion

johno1995

As much as Kubfu and Lucario seem likely, I’m bummed that this means Ash may not get Falinks. I find that Pokémon infinitely more interesting and fun for Ash to capture.

I really am getting antsy for more Galar Pokémon and storylines, though. Hopefully the other starters debut within the next few episodes. I know this is a different format for the series and not a Sword & Shield anime persay, but it’s still strange to begin a new series with only one heavily advertised starters and the others being nowhere in sight.

Leonhart

Imagineer
johno1995 said:
As much as Kubfu and Lucario seem likely, I’m bummed that this means Ash may not get Falinks. I find that Pokémon infinitely more interesting and fun for Ash to capture.

Can't say that I agree. Tairetsu reminds me of one of those caterpillar monsters from the Mario games, and not in a good way. It's such a bizarre-looking Fighting-type, and it just doesn't come to mind whenever I envision what Satoshi's future team might look like.

Master Pikachu 11

I think today's trailer settled the 'Will he/won't he' on Kubfu, there's like a 99.9% chance of it happening.
I honestly look forward to that arc, solely because of the battle focus alone
And it's nice to know that at least two of his captures won't be fully evolved, Riolu and Kubfu

Hopefully Lucario and Kubfu form a bond
I can see Ash’s potential Urshifu take on the other Urshifu that could be owned by Leon, I think it would be a great battle to see

World Turtle

I really am getting antsy for more Galar Pokémon and storylines, though. Hopefully the other starters debut within the next few episodes. I know this is a different format for the series and not a Sword & Shield anime persay, but it’s still strange to begin a new series with only one heavily advertised starters and the others being nowhere in sight.

I'm willing to give it to the end of the year since Ash didn't get Chimchar till like DP52, but yeah kind of wonder what's up with the other two starters.

I'm ok with Ash getting both Grookey and Sobble.

Starting off with Mr. Mime, Dragonite, and Gengar has made it really hard to gauge what they're planning. They just going to give him Rillaboom and/or Inteleon? Or have Ash catch them in their basic stage and evolve them really quickly like with Scorbunny?

kickachu

Momentai!
But where's the fun of development and character build up if ash catches sobble and grookey and evolve quickly.

Rohanator

After SM I would've said Satoshi getting Cubfu was very likely but given how he doesn't even have a Galar starter yet I don't see why a SwSh mythical would suddenly take priority, and I hope it doesn't, would be a shame if he lost something like Lucario just to promote the newest thing, I know popularity picks aren't much less cynical but I rather they stick to that and keep giving him Mons that many people already care about, at least now that the precedence for that has been set for this series, let's go all the way with the greatest hits.

Red and Blue

After SM I would've said Satoshi getting Cubfu was very likely but given how he doesn't even have a Galar starter yet I don't see why a SwSh mythical would suddenly take priority, and I hope it doesn't, would be a shame if he lost something like Lucario just to promote the newest thing, I know popularity picks aren't much less cynical but I rather they stick to that and keep giving him Mons that many people already care about, at least now that the precedence for that has been set for this series, let's go all the way with the greatest hits.
Thing is though he can have both Lucario and Urshifu since both of them have different secondary typings. Plus there has been plenty of instances of type overlaps on his team

Status
Not open for further replies.