• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

Can't say that I agree. Tairetsu reminds me of one of those caterpillar monsters from the Mario games, and not in a good way. It's such a bizarre-looking Fighting-type, and it just doesn't come to mind whenever I envision what Satoshi's future team might look like.
Finally someone noticed! Yeah, Falinks looks like a Bob-Omb and Pokey hybrid.

johno1995

I guess I just like more unorthodox "wildcard" choices for Ash's team, and Falinks would fit the bill of something like Gliscor or Glalie that doesn't necessarily fill any expected archetypes that Ash would receive. I'm not really expecting anything, though, this series has been full of interesting surprises already.

I think Falinks, Appletun and Toxtricity are my top 3 for Ash to utilize from Galar and I don't see any as particularly likely.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I guess I just like more unorthodox "wildcard" choices for Ash's team, and Falinks would fit the bill of something like Gliscor or Glalie that doesn't necessarily fill any expected archetypes that Ash would receive. I'm not really expecting anything, though, this series has been full of interesting surprises already.

I think Falinks, Appletun and Toxtricity are my top 3 for Ash to utilize from Galar and I don't see any as particularly likely.

I'm okay with unorthodox choices. Dunno how I feel about Falinks as his eventual Fighting type since Riolu is like 99% likely to be caught by Ash, but I kinda wanted the new octopus Pokemon to be caught instead. Oh well.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I've given up on the starters, at least until Riolu shows up. It's one of the reasons why I'm hoping the capture episode is next, given how prominent it is I doubt we'll see Sobble or Grookey until Ash captures him. I'm tired of waiting for precious Sobble to make his debut

Would be nice if Ash's Lucario was a mentor to his Kubfu. It would be like the bond between Melmetal and Rowlet

Well yeah, that's why I said I wanted them to have a bond.
But more along the lines of Hawlucha and Noivern, they were cooler.

I'm okay with unorthodox choices. Dunno how I feel about Falinks as his eventual Fighting type since Riolu is like 99% likely to be caught by Ash, but I kinda wanted the new octopus Pokemon to be caught instead. Oh well.

Funny, I wanted the octopus to end up with Team Rocket. haha
I had no hopes of Ash getting it and it'd be a fun Pokemon to squeeze James whenever he's released

Zariful

I would hope Ash fights the Galar Gym leaders and gets to show off some dynamax. Dragonite and Gengar both have moves that would allow them to perform well against Milo. Knowing Ash if he got Sobble, he’d probably try and have Sobble fight. Would a fight against Nessa be necessary if we already fought a gigantamax dreadnaw? I definitely think Raihan should be fought.

ShadowForce720

I would hope Ash fights the Galar Gym leaders and gets to show off some dynamax. Dragonite and Gengar both have moves that would allow them to perform well against Milo. Knowing Ash if he got Sobble, he’d probably try and have Sobble fight. Would a fight against Nessa be necessary if we already fought a gigantamax dreadnaw? I definitely think Raihan should be fought.

I don’t think that just because Gigantamax Drednaw has debuted and fought Ash before that it would prevent him from battling Nessa. As keep in mind that the one Ash fought was a wild Drednaw that might have never Gigantamax before, where as Nessa’s Gigantamax Drednaw would likely be stronger and more experience.

desdar300

After SM I would've said Satoshi getting Cubfu was very likely but given how he doesn't even have a Galar starter yet I don't see why a SwSh mythical would suddenly take priority, and I hope it doesn't, would be a shame if he lost something like Lucario just to promote the newest thing, I know popularity picks aren't much less cynical but I rather they stick to that and keep giving him Mons that many people already care about, at least now that the precedence for that has been set for this series, let's go all the way with the greatest hits.
I think it's just that because the old ones are popular and the new ones still need to find some sort of stardom.
There's a huge chance that the show is going to and with the boys doing The Darkest Day plot line where they'll both get one of the Wolves to fight Eternatus , so we may as well start somewhere that's relevant

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i'll say this about kabfu if Ash gets one, for the time being I want it to go the water route if only so it can use it's full potential...

Because I don't want Ash to get another Dark pokemon unless it actually uses a dark move that isn't bite or crunch.

heck If Ash was to use incineroar (even if it's temporary) and it uses Darkest Lariat, or Greninja comes back with Night Slash then I won't care as much.

diakyu

White and Blue egg. Can hatch into Riolu, Sobble, Grookey, Tyrogue, or Munchlax. Feels real obvious what it's gonna be tbh

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ash is getting an Egg. Can't post the pic now, though.

A Riolu egg.
Obviously haha

Though it could be Sobble as well due to the coloring... that'd be cool actually as Ash has yet to get a starter from an egg. Either way I'm glad something good is immediately after the boring recap episode lol

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
This is the episode after my birthday so I’d appreciate Grookey (lol) or Sobble but we know it’s going to be Riolu :/

ShadowForce720

A Riolu egg.
Obviously haha

Though it could be Sobble as well due to the coloring... that'd be cool actually as Ash has yet to get a starter from an egg. Either way I'm glad something good is immediately after the boring recap episode lol

I don’t know about you but I find it hilarious that they gave Grookey as a choice considering Grookey doesn’t match the egg in anyway.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.