• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

So instead of an in-series team, I’m gonna switch it up and speculate on a team against Leon. I definitely would hope to see that for a world championship, he’d have an all-region team. He can use his current team for the whole series up to the Ultra Ball tank and some initial Master Ball matches but against Leon, I think a mixed team would be cool. Now just based on aces, region representation, and type representation, I think a cool team for a match against Leon would be:

- Pikachu (electric): 1st gen but for Ash it’s his default
- Charizard (fire/flying): 1st gen
- Ash-Greninja (water/dark): 6th gen
- Sceptile (grass): 3rd gen
- Lucario (fighting/steel): 4th gen (from this series)
- Naganadal (poison/dragon): 7th gen

If Ash gets a gen 8 mon, i think its a given it fights against Leon. And i doubt they are gonna make it so you can have both Ash-Greninja and a Gigamax Pokemon, so that means Inteleon will replace Ash-Greninja (Since yeah, Pikachu will deliver the final blow).

Sword master zacian

If Ash gets a gen 8 mon, i think its a given it fights against Leon. And i doubt they are gonna make it so you can have both Ash-Greninja and a Gigamax Pokemon, so that means Inteleon will replace Ash-Greninja (Since yeah, Pikachu will deliver the final blow).
Yeah i think ash will only use gigantamaxing in leon battle nor ash greninja,mega evolution , z-move and i personally think pikachu could gigantamax in leon final battlE
And for gen 8 pokemon i am sure he will use atleast one

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:
I know the Butterfree from recent merchandise could be Go's, but considering the Gigantamax form of Butterfree, I would like to believe it's actually Ash's. It can't be the first Butterfree, instead I believe it could be the one Ash befriended in Decorola Islands.

To be frank I don't think that every Kyodaimax Pokemon will be shown, but even if Kyodaimax Butterfree appears it would make more sense for it to appear under the ownership of a COTD than Satoshi. And you can bet that if that second Butterfree returned instead of Satoshi's Butterfree, it wouldn't go over well with most of the older crowd.

nickdt

To be frank I don't think that every Kyodaimax Pokemon will be shown, but even if Kyodaimax Butterfree appears it would make more sense for it to appear under the ownership of a COTD than Satoshi. And you can bet that if that second Butterfree returned instead of Satoshi's Butterfree, it wouldn't go over well with most of the older crowd.

What if its not COTD, but Richie.

Sword master zacian

The way anime is showcasing g-max pokemon me too think not every g-max pokemon will be showcased but i do think all ace pokemon of gym leaders of galar would be showcased and some that ash will capture and also the pokemon in master class tornnament. But for coTd ash isn't battling a coTd otside of vermilion till yet and it doesn't seem a coTd will showcase hardly any g-max

Leonhart

Imagineer
Shotgunrain said:
Do yall think Go can realistically catch the entire National Dex before this series ends? I’ve always found it weird why must he do this before he catches Mew. What is the link? Because Mew is seen as the ancestor to all Pokemon?

I don't think Gou will capture every Pokemon the way that he initially planned, and I'm beginning to doubt that he'll capture Mew at all. But it's fine with me if he doesn't achieve his mission since most of the other companions didn't achieve their dreams, either.

Cptnmac1

Do yall think Go can realistically catch the entire National Dex before this series ends? I’ve always found it weird why must he do this before he catches Mew. What is the link? Because Mew is seen as the ancestor to all Pokemon?
Honestly, no. There are some Pokemon that are impossible for him to capture like kadabra and polygon, but there are also some I just don't think he will like the fossils. I don't think he's gonna catch anything that ash is currently using either. I think he'll end up with a good chunk of Pokemon but I don't think he's getting all of them and definetly not mew. I figure him heading off to hunt mew is probably how they'll write him off the show before the gen 9 anime starts

Hanto

Water Addiction
Still dont get why Rotomdex remained in Alola :/ It would be great for it to continue traveling with Ash in Pokemon 2019 instead of generic and annoying Rotom Phone. Rotomdex already has a great personality and could bring back some continuity vibes to the series. The writers could just severely damage its body in one of Team Rocket encounters if the show needs to promote the cellphone form, not the dex one.

Pteranodonte

Dude, the writers of this show could not care less about the "older crowd": they never have. The only thing that matters to them is selling their poor quality toys and games to naive little kids.

Ash-Greninja4life

Yeah i think ash will only use gigantamaxing in leon battle nor ash greninja,mega evolution , z-move and i personally think pikachu could gigantamax in leon final battlE
And for gen 8 pokemon i am sure he will use atleast one
Ash-Greninja is unique, like Ash doesn’t need anything to trigger that transformation, it just happens. So I think the Battle Bond along with something like Gigantamaxing would be allowed.

It would be interesting to have a full 6 on 6 where anything goes and both Ash and Leon use Gigantamax, Z-moves, mega evolutions and Ash has the upper hand on Leon because of the surprise of Ash-Greninja.

Pikachu will Gigantamax to go against Charizard
Lucario can Mega Evolve
Greninja has Ash-Greninja
Lycanroc with its Z-Move? Because it’s an exclusive attack

Last edited:

Zariful

Just pointing this out but in the last two generations he has had Pokémon with the following moves:

Revenge
Fire Blast
Rain Dance
Bide
Counter
Electro Web
Feather Dance
Toxic

Which some of these moves are moves that some people thought he would never have.

I’m not saying that I personally think Riolu will have Endure and/or Copycat, however that being said there is no such thing as Ash doesn’t get these kind of Pokémon with these kind of moves.
To add to your point, Ash’s Heracross knew Endure at one point in time. Also I think the strongest trainer should be able grasp every generation’s culture. If Leon is as unbeatable as he seems, I don’t see why Ash can’t level the playing field with Mega Evolution, Bond Phenomenon, Z Move and Gigantamax. Since we have all these gimmicks, I think a potential Pokémon master should have mastery over them all.

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Dude, the writers of this show could not care less about the "older crowd": they never have. The only thing that matters to them is selling their poor quality toys and games to naive little kids.

Given all the Kanto pandering (when it should be the last Gen to pander to "Naive little kids") they've been doing I find that VERY hard to believe

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
Still dont get why Rotomdex remained in Alola :/ It would be great for it to continue traveling with Ash in Pokemon 2019 instead of generic and annoying Rotom Phone. Rotomdex already has a great personality and could bring back some continuity vibes to the series. The writers could just severely damage its body in one of Team Rocket encounters if the show needs to promote the cellphone form, not the dex one.
True, I actually liked Rotom Dex, also, the Rotom Phone don't have any personality :/

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

B Rabbit

In the Anime, Mega, Z Moves, and Gigamaxing can all be used in one battle.

Not seeing why the writers would make a rule that only one be used. I also agree that of Leon is the strongest trainer. He should have a little mastery ovet all three.

He is the strongest trainer in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.