• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

World Turtle

Ok so what Pokémon did he bond with in Hoenn that he didn’t capture? Just asking because I don’t remember all the Pokémon that bonded with besides his captures

From what I can tell: 0 maybe 1 (Flygon).

Spoink was more of a group thing than just Ash persoanlly and he teamed up with that Flygon in M06 to fight the Fake Groudon, but they didn't really interact beyond that.

There was never a Haunter, Larvitar, Riolu/Lucario, Hippopotas, Houndour, or Passimian episode for Ash in Hoenn. All the bonding episodes went to Max or May.

This does however mean Hoenn is kind of a wild card when it comes to what Ash might get.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'll say it again, until I see the blue light a pokemon isn't released to me. I don't even count Butterfree or Lapras to be released because I believe that if someone tried to catch them right now, it wouldn't work as they are still Ash's pokemon.

Living in the wild =/= released essentially.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'll say it again, until I see the blue light a pokemon isn't released to me. I don't even count Butterfree or Lapras to be released because I believe that if someone tried to catch them right now, it wouldn't work as they are still Ash's pokemon.

I mean, it was established way back in Johto that if a Trainer dies, their Pokemon still counts as caught unless the ball is destroyed.

Zariful

To be honest with you, I never considered Naganadel released. I think of Naganadel and Goodra in similar roles to Bulbasaur. They have Pokémon that are counting on them in other places. So as much as they would love to be with the rest of their trainer’s party, Ash understands why they need to be there. And with Naganadel specifically, I always figured the Aether Foundation collected data on its specific dimension when they ended up traveling there. Also I think the anime also got tired of Riley’s nonsense about separate continuities and so they made a point of having Ash and Riolu bonded by Aura.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I mean, it was established way back in Johto that if a Trainer dies, their Pokemon still counts as caught unless the ball is destroyed.

Exactly, if/when Ash ever sees Lapras, Butterfree, or Pidgeot again, I do believe he could just recall them. Ash would never get rid of their poke balls, he cares too much to do that.

Sword master zacian

I think there would be a full episode where riolu bonds bonds completely with ash and build friendship and evolve
Because in today episode i felt like riolu wanted to stay away a little like when ash wanted to carry it on his back

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Sobble's up next for Ash, then Grookey? Then we're most likely be back with non-Gen. 8 faves like Absol, Zoroark and Tyranitar...

Rather than Absol, i think a Flygon might be up for Ash next including Zoroark and Tyranitar, because it seems that the writers are given Ash those pokemon which the fandom for over so many years had wished Ash to get but he didn't get.

Other Pokemon which the fandom had commanly wished Ash had captured include (as far as i remember),
- Sandshrew -> Sandslash
- Growlithe -> Arcanine
- Aerodactyl
- Ralts -> Kirlia -> Gardevoir/Gallade
- Archen -> Archeops
- Phantump -> Trevenant
- Jangmo-o -> Hakamo-o -> Kommo-o

Last edited:

nickdt

With the way they are going, i don't think its outside the realm of possibilities that Ash gets a Alolan Form (Alolan Sandslash) and Galarian Form (Alolan Rapidash).

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Now I’m hoping that Go brings his Exeggcute with him whenever they go to Alola so that it can evolve into the Alolan Exeggutor

They haven't been consistent with it. Back in the Marowak episode in Kanto Jessie almost caught the Marowak's trainers Doduo. Then that kid from Johto, who stole one of Ash's Pokeball, tried to catch Pikachu and Ash thought that he caught it. Recently the rule is that a Pokemon that belongs to a trainer can't be caught unless released. The Pokeball fails to catch such Pokemon. But even here there have been inconsistencies.

Rather than Absol, i think a Flygon might be up for Ash next including Zoroark and Tyranitar, because it seems that the writers are given Ash those pokemon which the fandom for over so many years had wished Ash to get but he didn't get.

Other Pokemon which the fandom had commanly wished Ash had captured include (as far as i remember),
- Sandshrew -> Sandslash
- Growlithe -> Arcanine
- Aerodactyl
- Ralts -> Kirlia -> Gardevoir/Gallade
- Archen -> Archeops
- Phantump -> Trevenant
- Jangmo-o -> Hakamo-o -> Kommo-o

Your list is too small. Obviously the minority will get screwed over.

Now I’m hoping that Go brings his Exeggcute with him whenever they go to Alola so that it can evolve into the Alolan Exeggutor
He most likely would need to catch both variants to complete the dex. I don't know how regional variants work since I haven't played the recent games.

Egakor

I wonder if Riolu only cares about Ash's aura and not Ash himself. It rejected Ash at first. It only started to respect him after he emitted his aura again in the battle with Onix.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
He most likely would need to catch both variants to complete the dex. I don't know how regional variants work since I haven't played the recent games.
There are some pokémon that will evolve into their regional variants rather than their standard forms regardless of where they originated from. For example, an Exeggcute transferred from Red & Blue will always evolve into an Alolan Exeggutor (unless you’re in Ultra Space), or a Koffing transferred from ORAS will always become a Galarian Weezing

ssquaderi

I wonder if Riolu only cares about Ash's aura and not Ash himself. It rejected Ash at first. It only started to respect him after he emitted his aura again in the battle with Onix.

That's like saying you only like a person because of their heart but not the person itself. In this case Aura is kind of like their soul. So his Aura is Ash himself

Status
Not open for further replies.