• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some pokémon that will evolve into their regional variants rather than their standard forms regardless of where they originated from. For example, an Exeggcute transferred from Red & Blue will always evolve into an Alolan Exeggutor (unless you’re in Ultra Space), or a Koffing transferred from ORAS will always become a Galarian Weezing

Thanks for the information but I was talking about completing dex. Does a trainer need both variants to fill the dex?

On Topic: Seeing how Ash's next capture might be that Sobble I am hoping Riolu will be its bully. That would be a nice dynamic.

Trainer Micah

I see okay then bringing up that Kid from Johto didn't the kid use Ash's pokeball to capture a Bellsprout i'm thinking sense he used it to capture Pikachu but captured Bellsprout instead if so wouldn't Bellsprout technically belong to Ash instead but gave it to the kid anyway as the kid trainer's pokemon?

Makes me wonder apologies if i'm bringing up old ideals here just thinking and wondering..

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think that Bede and Marnie can compete in the PWC unless they essentially become in name only characters, with everything about them being cut because their backgrounds, personalities, and motivations are tied heavily to the Galar Gym Challenge. This is not a problem with Hop, because they can translate over his motivations to defeat his brother.

Zariful

I think that Galarian Rapidash is far too girly to go to Ash.

And I think your gender stereotypes have become far too repetitive

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
And I think your gender stereotypes have become far too repetitive
They really haven't given Ash Pokemon that feminine before, and I don't think they would because it would ruin the anime's marketability to young boys.

esquilo09

They really haven't given Ash Pokemon that feminine before, and I don't think they would because it would ruin the anime's marketability to young boys.
Leavanny showed to have a feminine appearance(Despite being male), and Ash worked very well with him.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Leavanny showed to have a feminine appearance(Despite being male), and Ash worked very well with him.
Although, it's still not as feminine as Galarian Rapidash. On another note, Ash has never caught a Pokemon that is exclusively female for related reasons.

Zariful

Although, it's still not as feminine as Galarian Rapidash. On another note, Ash has never caught a Pokemon that is exclusively female for related reasons.
There’s no such thing as too feminine. If anything it would show young boys that female Pokémon are amazing too. B

lucipher

Rather than Absol, i think a Flygon might be up for Ash next including Zoroark and Tyranitar, because it seems that the writers are given Ash those pokemon which the fandom for over so many years had wished Ash to get but he didn't get.

Other Pokemon which the fandom had commanly wished Ash had captured include (as far as i remember),
- Sandshrew -> Sandslash
- Growlithe -> Arcanine
- Aerodactyl
- Ralts -> Kirlia -> Gardevoir/Gallade
- Archen -> Archeops
- Phantump -> Trevenant
- Jangmo-o -> Hakamo-o -> Kommo-o

I dont think you was around back when that gen was going on but Absol was really high on from what i saw people list. It was just to freaking cool at the time. I dont know when Flygon became a thing but there was not much of talk of Flygon from what i recall that came later.

Those are adults. We're talking about young boys, who are usually less accepting of feminine stuff.
Im far from being a pro diversity person, but lol Shinvy is very feminine it even knows attract. She ooozed out the fact she was female every time she was on screen and is also there is a reason Serperior made top 10. When pokemon master came out there is a reason the most feminine char they had at the time was gaven Snivy. Ash has and can have very girly pokemon. It goes even back to Gen 2 before all this PC BS stuff even started With Chikorita. Then you have one of the Pokemon peopole want ash to get is Espeon who is pretty girly pokemon....

Not,
So far out of the moveset i gave Lucario 1 is there Vacuum Wave and you can 100% confirm Aura Sphere is on the way Yay the question is if Vacuum Wave will evolve to Aura Sphere or added to its arsenal.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Those are adults. We're talking about young boys, who are usually less accepting of feminine stuff.
out in the west here, boys are much more accepting of "girly" stuff, at least the children that I've had in my life have had no qualms with picking up a barbie and playing with it. I feel like it's getting better in most places except some spots like texas or alberta :p

either way I would love if Ash got a galarian rapidash, but he already has mimey so i doubt they'll give him two pokemon of the exact same double typing. They could, I just don't think they will. I am now on the sobble train :D

World Turtle

I would like Ash to get Alolan Sandshrew.

Found some fun lore they could use for an episode. "An ancient tradition of Alolan festivals, still carried on to this day, is a competition to slide Sandshrew across ice as far as one can." Ash teams up with a Sandshrew that wants to compete in the festival and afterwards it joins Ash's team out of gratitude after they win. Later or possibly as a prize for winning Ash gets an Ice Stone that he uses to evolve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.