• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

I have a theory, Vacuum Wave is Riolu's Egg Move, does this mean Riolu's parent is a Hitmonchan?

Master Pikachu 11

Rather than Absol, i think a Flygon might be up for Ash next including Zoroark and Tyranitar, because it seems that the writers are given Ash those pokemon which the fandom for over so many years had wished Ash to get but he didn't get.

Other Pokemon which the fandom had commanly wished Ash had captured include (as far as i remember),
- Sandshrew -> Sandslash
- Growlithe -> Arcanine
- Aerodactyl
- Ralts -> Kirlia -> Gardevoir/Gallade
- Archen -> Archeops
- Phantump -> Trevenant
- Jangmo-o -> Hakamo-o -> Kommo-o
I would think more people would want Tyrunt-> Tyrantrum over Archen-> Archeops.
Also that Onix was really strong I would like Ash run into the Onix again and evolve into a Steelix. I think it would be an interesting Pokémon to have and would be another Pokémon that he would own by an elite four member.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I have a theory, Vacuum Wave is Riolu's Egg Move, does this mean Riolu's parent is a Hitmonchan?

Not necessarily. Both could be Lucario's but one already had the move via chain breeding. And there was a Vacuum Wave move tutor in Platinum. So there are other ways.

esquilo09

I would think more people would want Tyrunt-> Tyrantrum over Archen-> Archeops.
Also that Onix was really strong I would like Ash run into the Onix again and evolve into a Steelix. I think it would be an interesting Pokémon to have and would be another Pokémon that he would own by an elite four member.
Nope, Ash won't catch an Onix.

Sword master zacian

If ash has to catch something funny give him loppuny
See this idea is because raboot is a teen rabbit And loppunny a full grown rabbit
Reason fot it for ash because it can mega evolve

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
Because every non-Gen. 8 captures by Ash in this series are all fan favorites... Everyone's hoping them since their debut years or even decades ago though...

But Bangiras wasn't that popular prior to its merchandise showing up in recent weeks, at least not around here. I've been a member for almost a decade, and I don't remember Bangiras attracting that much fan attention, not even during DP when some people thought that Satoshi would capture a Gen II Pokemon around the time that the HG/SS promotional era happened.

BlueDragonfangirl

Riolu chose Ash because it was looking for those aura waves it felt as an egg, so when it saw ash it thought it couldn’t be him I’m going to get stronger on my own. Then felt ash’s aura, makes me wonder how his and ash’s relationship will be. When ash and riolu battle
We've seen these types of relationships for Ash and his Pokemon before, Charizard in Kanto through Orange Islands rings a bell, I hope it's a slow build up to develop that relationship first.
I don't think Professor Willow will show up but Professor Magnolia should. Once Sonia appears I bet Magnolia will get a cameo at the very least.
So looking forward to when Sonia appears, I hope Ash battles her.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I know some people are tired of Kanto pandering, but I'd like for the final class of the PWC a battle where Ash has to use his OG Kanto team minus Pidgeot and Butterfree.

Pikachu
Charizard
Squirtle
Bulbasaur
Snorlax
Kingler or Muk or Tauros

If it was against Lance, I'd actually be okay with him using a Kanto lineup.
But only if it's Pikachu, Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Gengar, and Dragonite. A mix of old and new

Lance is the only character I'd accept that happening with, unless Ash actually battles Oak or Brock

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
I wonder if Rose, Oleanna, Sordward, Shielbert and Team Yell will appear in this series... Also Prof. Willow from GO...

I have some doubts about some of those characters appearing, and the only ones that I think have a solid chance of appearing are Rose and Olive. On that note, I remember some people speculating that Gou was Rose's son before we saw his family a few episodes ago. I sort of wish that the theories had come true.

World Turtle

But Bangiras wasn't that popular prior to its merchandise showing up in recent weeks, at least not around here. I've been a member for almost a decade, and I don't remember Bangiras attracting that much fan attention, not even during DP when some people thought that Satoshi would capture a Gen II Pokemon around the time that the HG/SS promotional era happened.

Probably because a) the Spurt! OP counted Larvitar among Ash's Pokemon so people viewed it as his at the time so there was no reason to speculate for Ash getting it, but since the Heisei Era Special left him out (even though they counted freakin SEAKING!!!) it would be nice to see him become an official capture.

b) Because people wanted it to be that Larvitar all grown up and he's living in Johto there is the issue of how he'd get to Sinnoh. So again why speculate for it?

As for recently? TR having a Tyranitar probably had something to do with it, but since the gacha mons are just random monsters of the week there is no reason for them to have merchandise so maybe one showing up in merch could mean Ash might catch one since Dragonite, Gengar, and Riolu also did.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
If it was against Lance, I'd actually be okay with him using a Kanto lineup.
But only if it's Pikachu, Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Gengar, and Dragonite. A mix of old and new

Lance is the only character I'd accept that happening with, unless Ash actually battles Oak or Brock

I know that I previously defended Fushigidane and Zenigame's strength a few weeks ago, but I don't know if they would do much good against Wataru. I think that Satoshi would need to pull all the stops to have a shot at beating him, by which I mean that he should use Jukain and Goukazaru.

Ash-Greninja4life

I think that Galarian Rapidash is far too girly to go to Ash.

Everytime you say something, it amuses me. Nowadays there are no boy girl stereotypes or at least they shouldn’t be and Pokemon should and might try to promote that.

Ash has had Pokemon that probably would have been perceived by many to be ‘girly’ in the past like others have mentioned
Chikorita- Cute and affectionate Pokemon
Snivy- Clear female and uses attract all the time
Leavanny- Literally makes clothes

some of his Pokemon have had traits to like
Totodile- Always dancing
Torkoal- cries all the time

And no one had any problem with Ash owning any of these Pokemon (besides torkoal because he was pretty awful)

plus think about female characters who have had ‘manly’ Pokemon.
Marnie- Grimmsnarl
Alexa- Noivern
Korrina and Maylene- Lucario?

There are so many different ones. So which one is it? Are you saying girls are allowed to have ‘Manly’ Pokemon but boys aren’t allowed to have ‘girly’ Pokemon? Or are you saying that both genders should stick to stereotypical Pokemon for them?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ash-Greninja4life said:
Totodile- Always dancing

I wouldn't necessarily equate dancing with femininity, so I don't know if Waninoko counts as a feminine Pokemon just because it would bounce around in a jolly manner. I always thought that Waninoko danced because it was an easily excitable Pokemon.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Everytime you say something, it amuses me. Nowadays there are no boy girl stereotypes or at least they shouldn’t be and Pokemon should and might try to promote that.

Ash has had Pokemon that probably would have been perceived by many to be ‘girly’ in the past like others have mentioned
Chikorita- Cute and affectionate Pokemon
Snivy- Clear female and uses attract all the time
Leavanny- Literally makes clothes

Totodile- Always dancing

And no one had any problem with Ash owning any of these Pokemon (besides torkoal because he was pretty awful)

plus think about female characters who have had ‘manly’ Pokemon.
Marnie- Grimmsnarl
Alexa- Noivern
Korrina and Maylene- Lucario?

There are so many different ones. So which one is it? Are you saying girls are allowed to have ‘Manly’ Pokemon but boys aren’t allowed to have ‘girly’ Pokemon? Or are you saying that both genders should stick to stereotypical Pokemon for them?
This is a merchandise driven anime primarily targeted at little boys. Ash can't have "girly" Pokemon or else he won't be marketable to young boys anymore. It's the same for other similar shounen anime.

Paree

They could give Ash a badass female pokemon like Hatterene, that would be cool. They might not give something like Alcreame but Gardevoir/Hatterene is certainly possible. Even Galarian Rapidash is not a stretch.
I really wanted a Ribombee in the main cast, its small, feminine and suitable for Ash’s battle style (Fast and Good Special Attack).

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Also, I was right. They did acknowledge that Ash has Aura abilities, which I said that they had to if Ash was going to get a Riolu in order to keep this series in continuity with the past.

BabaVanga

I know some people are tired of Kanto pandering, but I'd like for the final class of the PWC a battle where Ash has to use his OG Kanto team minus Pidgeot and Butterfree.

Pikachu
Charizard
Squirtle
Bulbasaur
Snorlax
Kingler or Muk or Tauros
While it'd be cool if Ash brought back his original team again, I'm not sure I want to see Bulbasaur or Squirtle again if they're not going to evolve them.

Status
Not open for further replies.