• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Also, I was right. They did acknowledge that Ash has Aura abilities, which I said that they had to if Ash was going to get a Riolu in order to keep this series in continuity with the past.
Was it Ash’s aura abilities or him just sensing Riolu since they were on the literal same wavelength? Either way, it’s not like they had to as Riolu’s character will likely be centered around it getting a reality check and understanding Ash more without running around recklessly and not its Aura abilities.

I see okay then bringing up that Kid from Johto didn't the kid use Ash's pokeball to capture a Bellsprout i'm thinking sense he used it to capture Pikachu but captured Bellsprout instead if so wouldn't Bellsprout technically belong to Ash instead but gave it to the kid anyway as the kid trainer's pokemon?

Makes me wonder apologies if i'm bringing up old ideals here just thinking and wondering..

That kid did use Ash's Pokeball but that doesn't mean the Bellsprout belongs to Ash. It is like Ash offering a Pokeball to Go. The Pokemon caught in that ball won't belong to Ash.

Guess he does not know Bronies are a thing. Also does not know boys love Unicorns and Unicorns are a very male thing ever hear of Pegasus well its one of the most manly thing from even ancient times and it is a symbol of a Hero even in China....

Since when is Pegasus a Unicorn?

I know some people are tired of Kanto pandering, but I'd like for the final class of the PWC a battle where Ash has to use his OG Kanto team minus Pidgeot and Butterfree.

Pikachu
Charizard
Squirtle
Bulbasaur
Snorlax
Kingler or Muk or Tauros

I just can't see anything lower than Leon requiring the use of those mons as a team.

With Ash's Riolu's personality I just want to see Ash's Gengar humble it and bring it down to earth.

Not gonna happen. It will most likely learn its lesson by losing or getting hurt against a strong Pokemon while not following commands.

I know that I previously defended Fushigidane and Zenigame's strength a few weeks ago, but I don't know if they would do much good against Wataru. I think that Satoshi would need to pull all the stops to have a shot at beating him, by which I mean that he should use Jukain and Goukazaru.

You need to remember that Ash had Sceptile and Snorlax at hand yet he went for Bulbasur and Squirtle in his match against Brandon.

catch am all

How this PWC Timeline works , we saw lance vs Leon starting of the season recently we have been teased upcoming episodes where Rihan vs Leon battling , PWC is happening too soon or it will happen regularly in top 8 ?

johno1995

My personal hope (I emphasize this so folks know I don't seriously THINK these would happen--it's just what I would do personally) involves Ash having a rotation team, and involving Pokemon of every gen, and every type:
025-o.png
149.png
094.png
448.png
818.png
810.png
248.png
294.png
528.png
684.png
849.png
873.png

Pikachu
Dragonite
Gengar
Riolu --> Lucario
Sobble --> Drizzile --> Inteleon
Grookey: I think Grookey will stay unevolved; the evolutions will be showcased by other characters
Tyranitar: A Gen 2 choice for Ash... it'd be even cooler if it were the baby Larvitar that Ash took care of from the Johto saga
Whismur --> Loudred: A Gen 3 choice for Ash. A cowardly crybaby that evolves in the face of danger to show off bravery
Swoobat or Reuniclus: A Gen 5 choice for Ash. Caught in its final form like Dragonite/Gengar/Tyranitar
Swirlix: A Gen 6 choice for Ash. Remains unevolved; acts like a stereotypical dog, gets into a lot of mischief
Toxel --> Toxtricity-Amped: Starts off as a baby, evolves into an edgy Toxtricity--jams out with Loudred a lot
Snom --> Frosmoth: Snom has found some huge popularity, and I think it'd be cool to see Frosmoth with Ash
Kubfu --> Urshifu-Single Strike: I see Ash taking care of a Kubfu during an arc for the Isle of Armor; I don't foresee it sticking around--think Nebby

-Reserves-
006.png
008.png
001.png
445.png
722.png
727.png
745-d.png
809-gi.png
804.png

Charizard: Returns for a few battles, maybe even Mega Evolves (Mega Zard-Y needs some redemption after its miserable treatment in XY league...)
Squirtle-->Wartortle: Returns for a few battles, evolves on-screen
Bulbasaur: Returns for a few battles
Garchomp: Evolved off-screen at Oak's Lab, returns for a few battles
The Alola Crew: No need to catch any new ones--he has his old Alolan pals waiting for him once they return to Alola (Naganadel can return for an episode or arc that involves the Ultra Beasts?)

I don't think we will see every, or even most of his Oaked reserves, but even just a few of the Oaked mons plus his Alolan pals would make me happy. I can't really see anyway that Ash would go back to Alola without interacting with Kukui or his old Pokemon. Plus we should see Giga-Melmetal and it'd make sense for Ash to utilize it.

esquilo09

My personal hope (I emphasize this so folks know I don't seriously THINK these would happen--it's just what I would do personally) involves Ash having a rotation team, and involving Pokemon of every gen, and every type:
025-o.png
149.png
094.png
448.png
818.png
810.png
248.png
294.png
528.png
684.png
849.png
873.png

Pikachu
Dragonite
Gengar
Riolu --> Lucario
Grookey: I think Grookey will stay unevolved; the evolutions will be showcased by other characters
Tyranitar: A Gen 2 choice for Ash... it'd be even cooler if it were the baby Larvitar that Ash took care of from the Johto saga
Whismur --> Loudred: A Gen 3 choice for Ash. A cowardly crybaby that evolves in the face of danger to show off bravery
Swoobat or Reuniclus: A Gen 5 choice for Ash. Caught in its final form like Dragonite/Gengar/Tyranitar
Swirlix: A Gen 6 choice for Ash. Remains unevolved; acts like a stereotypical dog, gets into a lot of mischief
Toxel --> Toxtricity-Amped: Starts off as a baby, evolves into an edgy Toxtricity--jams out with Loudred a lot
Snom --> Frosmoth: Snom has found some huge popularity, and I think it'd be cool to see Frosmoth with Ash
Kubfu --> Urshifu-Single Strike: I see Ash taking care of a Kubfu during an arc for the Isle of Armor; I don't foresee it sticking around--think Nebby

-Reserves-
006.png
008.png
001.png
445.png
722.png
727.png
745-d.png
809-gi.png
804.png

Charizard: Returns for a few battles, maybe even Mega Evolves (Mega Zard-Y needs some redemption after its miserable treatment in XY league...)
The Alola Crew: No need to catch any new ones--he has his old Alolan pals waiting for him once they return to Alola (Naganadel can return for an episode or arc that involves the Ultra Beasts?)

I don't think we will see every, or even most of his Oaked reserves, but even just a few of the Oaked mons plus his Alolan pals would make me happy. I can't really see anyway that Ash would go back to Alola without interacting with Kukui or his old Pokemon. Plus we should see Giga-Melmetal and it'd make sense for Ash to utilize it.
I prefer Flygon and Zoroark over Loudred and Swoobat.

Cptnmac1

This is a merchandise driven anime primarily targeted at little boys. Ash can't have "girly" Pokemon or else he won't be marketable to young boys anymore. It's the same for other similar shounen anime.
And yet a merchandise driven anime that focuses on marketability isn't using the most marketable Pokemon. The starters are the most marketable Pokemon of each generation and we're over 20 episodes in and only one has even appeared. If all they cared about was marketing, ash wouldn't be catching past gen Pokemon has the current gen 8 Pokemon are much more marketable at this time because if they weren't ash wouldve been catching previous gen Pokemon long before this

Leonhart

Imagineer
esquilo09 said:
I prefer Flygon and Zoroark over Loudred and Swoobat.

I think most people would also prefer Flygon and Zoroark simply because they seem more popular than those other two Pokemon. In particular, I wouldn't see the point of Satoshi having Kokoromori.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
025-o.png
149.png
094.png
448.png
818.png
810.png
248.png
294.png
528.png
684.png
849.png
873.png

Pikachu
Dragonite
Gengar
Riolu --> Lucario

-Reserves-
006.png
008.png
001.png
445.png
722.png
727.png
745-d.png
809-gi.png
804.png

I like some of the out there Pokémon like Loudred and Swoobat even if they have little chance of happening. It’s better than having the same dozen Pokémon that everyone wants for him

Applecorp

I wonder if Rose, Oleanna, Sordward, Shielbert and Team Yell will appear in this series... Also Prof. Willow from GO...

Team Yell was pitiful in the games so I would be totally okay if they don't appear. Squidward and Shielbert have cool character designs so they had better appear in future Galarian episodes.

Decidueye23

The pokémon that appeared in the merchs are starting to appear in the anime. We already have Riolu, Duralodon (Raihan), Morpeko (most probably in ep 23).
I wonder if Wooloo and the pre evo of Gossifleur have some relation to Milo appearing soon.
I want Alcremie in the anime!!!!
I hope ash challeneges all the galar leaders.

With these series being more battle oriented for ash, how many battles do you guys think we ll get to see? If we want past characters plus all galar gym leaders it seems kinda far fetched since that might be too many battles with galar gym leaders. But i dont know who will be returning. Korrina is clearly returning because ash has riolu. Dragonite might be set up for raihan. Or the potential tyarinitar. But i dont know if i d find any of the other gym leaders returning appealing other than maybe drayden because ash never got to challange him.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kawaii Emolga said:
The pokémon that appeared in the merchs are starting to appear in the anime. We already have Riolu, Duralodon (Raihan), Morpeko (most probably in ep 23).
I wonder if Wooloo and the pre evo of Gossifleur have some relation to Milo appearing soon.
I want Alcremie in the anime!!!!

I assumed that Mawhip would appear in a Galar based episode, but since Morpeko might appear in the upcoming stolen food episode set in Kanto, I suppose it's possible that Mawhip could appear outside of Galar, too. If I didn't know any better I'd predict that Koharu would get Mawhip since it's harmless enough.

johno1995

The point of my list was to show Pokémon I would like Ash to have rather than what I think is likely. Flygon feels redundant to me in the face of giving him Garchomp, who he already possibly has access to. I was going for one catch per region except Alola, and every type accessible (Swoobat/Reuniclus offer a Psychic type, Loudred a normal and fun interactions with Toxtricity).

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The point of my list was to show Pokémon I would like Ash to have rather than what I think is likely. Flygon feels redundant to me in the face of giving him Garchomp, who he already possibly has access to. I was going for one catch per region except Alola, and every type accessible (Swoobat/Reuniclus offer a Psychic type, Loudred a normal and fun interactions with Toxtricity).

Flygon might seem "redundant" but it's something people like myself have wanted Ash to have since hoenn, especially after how well he commanded a wild one during the 6th movie.

I still feel like Ash should get another fairy type since Mr.Mime isn't being treated like one, and kind of would like him to get his own psychic to give him one that truly feels like his and isn't in a "contested" position

Ralts and G-Ponyta offer up both, but I know how alot of people feel about those two lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.