• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

johno1995

For a Riolu-->Lucario moveset, I'd really like to see something like:

Vacuum Wave -> Aura Sphere
Drain Punch
Meteor Mash
Extreme Speed

Sword master zacian

the point that i'm making is, by that logic why can't Ash use Z-moves and Mega Evolution in other regions to compensate BECAUSE of that restriction, since I seriously doubt all of his big fights are going to take place in Galar alone.

and I don't see why he couldn't try and use all of them anyway.
I can see megas with ash this time around
But for z-moves it had a full series based on it ash was hunting for z-moves and z-crystals his main focus was to obtain them and use them his main goal wasn't pkm league
Also z-moves have got way more focus than other two so i didn't think ash will use it outside of alola mabe only in alola for sometime

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Actually if the hypothetical Sinnoh remakes add in new GMAX forms then Dynamaxing could happen in Sinnoh through some means.

if we do get sinnoh remakes they should just go back to mega's, the only way I could see them incorporating Dynamaxing is if they changed the "battle zone" into a giant wild area, cause there ain't no way they could do it to the main region, and by that logic it would mean it would regulated to post game only since that area couldn't be accessed until then, and that kind of undercuts the promoting if the mechanic couldn't be used until then, considering how early the wild area is accessed in sword and shield that would be one heck of a twist factor.

After all Jouto and Hoenn remakes did have extra area's, but the mainland's themselves weren't tampered with.

Even then given the context lore behind Eternatus, that would be freaking weird if any other region "Suddenly" had access to the power at all, especially with what Sword master zacian just said.

Sure he could mega evolve his Lucario.

It's sounding to me like you don't want it to happen though at all, yes I know it's slim but i'm still open to the idea, the anime has more free reign so i'd love to see Ash use everything at his disposal at some point.

I can see megas with ash this time around
But for z-moves it had a full series based on it ash was hunting for z-moves and z-crystals his main focus was to obtain them and use them his main goal wasn't pkm league
Also z-moves have got way more focus than other two so i didn't think ash will use it outside of alola mabe only in alola for sometime

Well, I agree to some extent that after having Z-moves shoved down our throats they could use a break, it is a mechanic, if the other two are going to be used, might as well use all of them.

Besides this could give Ash an excuse to go after some of the other type crystals he didn't get initially in alola...like the Psychic Z-crystal, one of the Z-move we never saw...and who's pose was shown with Mr.Mime in one of the endings…

Though I really want Ash to get the dragon one because that Z-move is so freaking cool looking.

It would have been Better if he knew blaze kick

it could still learn the move at some point, we've seen cases before of pokemon picking up egg moves without actually being bred to use them.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MegaSalamence05 said:
My idea for Sobble is that it was kicked out of a group of Sobble and Drizzile as it was too shy and it couldn't keep up with the group think of it as the reverse Treecko

I had never really considered what Satoshi's future Messon's backstory is going to be, but I suppose that it being kicked out of its group for being too sensitive could work.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Honestly I don’t see Ash Mega Evolving or introducing a GMax form of Lucario. If it’s anything like Let’s Go, the DP remakes could reintroduce Megas. There’s little reason to think every one of his Pokémon must hint at a GMax.

Though given its status as a shillmon, I wouldn’t be surprised if they did introduce one just for him to use it once

Egakor

Ash’s Riolu uses Vacuum Wave in 2 ways: shooting it as a ball or firing it as a beam.
Kinda make me want it to keep Vacuum Wave even after evolution since it seems a little more versatile than Aura Sphere to me.

Master Pikachu 11

Because you keep bringing it up even though it won't happen. A lot of your ideas are unpopular because they don't make sense like how you said a little while ago that Go will get Sobble even though we know that Ash will get it instead because he asked it to join him in the trailer.
Yeah. I know you love Serena. While it would be nice to see her again, I wouldn't get my hopes up high. I fear something bad happened to her and her tragedy is being hidden on Ash on purpose. That would really piss me off if Serena was written off.
Wow that came out of left field
But my fear is she was beaten up by a thug and unfortunately passed away. Although that would be way too dark for Pokemon.
no my uncle is also a writer and he wrote that she didn’t pass away, she was kidnapped by a Salamance and Ash has to go save her with his newly hatch Riolu, who I hear is still looking for Pokémon to pick fights with.
my uncle knows one of the Pokémon writers irl, he can confirm she did get beaten up as well.
It was Larry the Leprechaun he beat up Serena for gold. I can confirm this as can Larry!

Larry: That rat had it coming
Shots fired!

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash’s Riolu uses Vacuum Wave in 2 ways: shooting it as a ball or firing it as a beam.
Kinda make me want it to keep Vacuum Wave even after evolution since it seems a little more versatile than Aura Sphere to me.

depends on if it gets extremespeed, since Vacuum Wave is effectively a fighting type quick attack, and the special counterpart to mach punch

since there ain't no need for multiple priority moves.

aipomadvanceshipper

Both go and ash’s personality is developing
Go has changed since meeting ash. When riolu ran away go thought it was impossible to find it but when he saw how sad ash was he reassured him that they would find it he came a long way from the ivysaur episode
Ash always had personality but it showed new ones this season
Ash and his connection with Pokémon was called weird by go but not in a bad way. Ash showed some insecurity, he knows his connection with Pokémon is different from others and I think he values it and it makes him different than others, he was so sad thinking that maybe riolu wasn’t waiting for him and he was wrong. Also Ash just sits back and let go catch Pokémon and not really competing for it. He competed with misty for totodile, dawn for buneary but now he just lets go do his thing he’s a bit more calmer or is it just me

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
In recent merchandise, it was shown Tyranitar and Butterfree. I truly hope Tyranitar will be Ash's Larvitar returning in evolved form. But I can't stop thinking about Butterfree. Before you say it, yes, I know it MIGHT be Go's Pokemon, but Go is capturing so many Pokemon (many of them too easy), that it's impossible to give protagonism to all of them. Raboot, Golurk and a few more are remarkable, but all the others have almost no interest. When a Pokemon appears in merchandise, is because it's going to have an important role; and having so many Pokemon, it's difficult for almost any of Go's Pokemon to be protagonist. Therefore, I believe that Butterfree could actually be Ash's.

I could say it's Ash's original Butterfree, but it wouldn't have sense, because having his own family, it doesn't have sense for Butterfre to leave it behind just to return with Ash. It's more possible it can be the second Butterfree he befriended back in the Decorola Islands. Either way, the reason for Ash to have a Butterfree again would be because the introduction of its Gigantamax's Form. Go is not really interested in Battles, so I doubt he will get the power to Dynamax/Gigantamax. Ash is the only option. Also, considering Ash has a Kingler, it's possible this Pokemon will return too in a Gigantamax Form.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
Both go and ash’s personality is developing
Go has changed since meeting ash. When riolu ran away go thought it was impossible to find it but when he saw how sad ash was he reassured him that they would find it he came a long way from the ivysaur episode
Ash always had personality but it showed new ones this season
Ash and his connection with Pokémon was called weird by go but not in a bad way. Ash showed some insecurity, he knows his connection with Pokémon is different from others and I think he values it and it makes him different than others, he was so sad thinking that maybe riolu wasn’t waiting for him and he was wrong. Also Ash just sits back and let go catch Pokémon and not really competing for it. He competed with misty for totodile, dawn for buneary but now he just lets go do his thing he’s a bit more calmer or is it just me

Even if he looks the same as previous season, he's more mature in this anime. It has already been shown that he has battle experience, at least his fights show certain level of techniques he has learned from his previous regions.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:
When a Pokemon appears in merchandise, is because it's going to have an important role

That isn't accurate, though. Hundreds of Pokemon have appeared on merchandise in recent months, and only some of them have actually appeared in the anime, and even fewer of those have had major roles. The fact remains that Gou has a Butterfree living with him, so it would be logical to conclude that any Butterfree merchandise that we've seen would likely correspond with his character, not Satoshi. As for his Butterfree not having any importance at the moment, for all we know it'll receive some screen-time in the stolen food episode since we already know that Gou's Pokemon will be bickering amongst themselves.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
In recent merchandise, it was shown Tyranitar and Butterfree. I truly hope Tyranitar will be Ash's Larvitar returning in evolved form. But I can't stop thinking about Butterfree. Before you say it, yes, I know it MIGHT be Go's Pokemon, but Go is capturing so many Pokemon (many of them too easy), that it's impossible to give protagonism to all of them. Raboot, Golurk and a few more are remarkable, but all the others have almost no interest. When a Pokemon appears in merchandise, is because it's going to have an important role; and having so many Pokemon, it's difficult for almost any of Go's Pokemon to be protagonist. Therefore, I believe that Butterfree could actually be Ash's.

I could say it's Ash's original Butterfree, but it wouldn't have sense, because having his own family, it doesn't have sense for Butterfre to leave it behind just to return with Ash. It's more possible it can be the second Butterfree he befriended back in the Decorola Islands. Either way, the reason for Ash to have a Butterfree again would be because the introduction of its Gigantamax's Form. Go is not really interested in Battles, so I doubt he will get the power to Dynamax/Gigantamax. Ash is the only option. Also, considering Ash has a Kingler, it's possible this Pokemon will return too in a Gigantamax Form.

Go literally already has a Butterfree and we've seen that he actually uses it with the Cubone episode. It makes sense for it to be his.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Wasn't Scyther on merchandise?
I don't doubt Ash getting Tyranitar, it seems rather obvious at this point and it's only really a matter of when it happens. But there's no way that is Ash's Butterfree, they seem to be avoiding giving Go Pokemon species that Ash has as part of his Pokemon 2019 roster so... yeah.

kjalil875

one question is bothering me for a while...if a battle between a gigantamax pokemon and a mega evolved pokemon in anime happens...how will it go down?...its very possible that pikachu gigantamaxes against korrina's mega lucario

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Wasn't Scyther on merchandise?
I don't doubt Ash getting Tyranitar, it seems rather obvious at this point and it's only really a matter of when it happens. But there's no way that is Ash's Butterfree, they seem to be avoiding giving Go Pokemon species that Ash has as part of his Pokemon 2019 roster so... yeah.

Pal, Go has a Taillow, where Ash has a Swellow. Go has a Sandile, while Ash has a Krookodile. Go has a Grimer, while Ash has a Muk. I don't know if Go will work on making his Pokemon evolve or if he will just capture its evolutions; but either way, sooner or later, Go will surely capture a Pokemon that Ash also owns.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Team Yell will be interesting as they mostly just blocked the way to gyms, if Marnie's in the PWC then they can't really do much as people can just battle others for ranking.

JoaquinLorie

Oh wow, the thread has boomed.
I'm actually amazed at episode 21, it was a masterpiece in my opinion. 10/10.
I just love Ash's Riolu. That connection when Ash was battling Tauros, which then Riolu was able to identify Ash as the person he was looking for when he battled Onix.

I'm actually amazed at 3 particular things:
1. Riolu is a natural-born battler, has the instincts and really wants to get stronger.
2. When Ash and Riolu connected through aura, Riolu's vacuum wave got stronger. There is a lot of potential into this for future battles and may be the difference for example between Ash and his future Lucario in comparison to other trainenrs and their Lucarios.
3. Riolu actually managed to get good experience in the first episode it hatched, and i should say A LOT. Even though levels dont matter and are not shown in the anime, i would say he went from lvl 1 to lvl 5 lol.

I would actually love for Riolu to always be with Ash and Pikachu, like a walking pokemon. I also see Riolu battling a lot in future episodes like 24 (team rocket one).

Cptnmac1

one question is bothering me for a while...if a battle between a gigantamax pokemon and a mega evolved pokemon in anime happens...how will it go down?...its very possible that pikachu gigantamaxes against korrina's mega lucario
Unless ashs battle with korrina takes place in galar, that's not gonna happen. Dyanmax isn't possible outside of galar in the anime

Status
Not open for further replies.