• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibanyan

The difference is May's VA Kaori literally cannot act anymore. She has a throat disease that hinders her speech patterns, so while she can speak normally in every day conversation, putting on a voice (remember her voice for Haruka is higher pitched because she's voicing a kid) is a strain on her. Even when May came back for the Wallace Cup in DP, Japanese fans were saying how she didn't sound the same and that was way back in 2008.

They won't recast her because unlike Prof Oak's VA who passed away in the middle of SM, Kaori is still alive, so it is disrespectful. It's far more likely that May simply never shows up in the anime ever again. They can bring back many other old female companions if they wanted so it's not like May would even be the first choice for a return anyway.

holy **** this, I'm tired of people acting like Kaori can be replaced like nothing. I'm sure the anime staff appreciates and respects her so they will not have another person to voice her.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
If the show goes on hiatus for a long time (like 3-6 months), I can see a large chunk of this saga changing from what was originally intended. Most likely a lot of world tournament battles will either be off-screen or cut, and potential old character returns won't happen now. Remember if they lose months of airings, there's no way to get that time back (since only 1 new ep will air a week most likely when we come back, and it'll be the eps shown in the preview with Sonia, Sobble, etc.), so everything after that or whatever the last ep they wrote will likely be drastically changed. I wonder if the returns for Kalos or Alola were even planned to happen around the time they stopped writing new eps.

I don't think that much will change and the only thing that I'm really hoping for are some freaking Alola episodes since the region has been neglected so far in this saga...

Grimmsnarl looks just as “evil” as Krookodile or Glalie
Like I said before, Glalie wasn't around for long and you know what they did with Krookodile. He can get Grimmsnarl but it would require either dumbing it down or changing its appearance a little.
She was ranked 2nd in the Hoenn Region and 9th Place overall out of every Pokemon in existence
kgk01yorqij41.jpg
This list is funny. I believe it is the sum total of popularity not just popularity based on Anime. Some choices are plain weird like Magnemite, Aron or Bidoof.

Cradily19

holy **** this, I'm tired of people acting like Kaori can be replaced like nothing. I'm sure the anime staff appreciates and respects her so they will not have another person to voice her.

It's probably because most people here grew up with the dub when Hoenn was airing, so they don't know or care about her Japanese voice. When in reality her Japanese voice is the main reason she likely won't be used again since the original fans would be annoyed if she sounded different.

Dawn would be the most logical choice. Megumi Toyoguchi seems to have a stable carreer, having even come back to voice-acting after a self-imposed hiatus to tend for her newborn baby. Plus, Dawn is a former co-star and has a Piplup. All odds are on Dawn's favor if the staff want to bring her back.

Probably, although I wouldn't expect to see Dawn until DP remakes start to become a thing. I think the Alola cast has the best chance of appearing for obvious reasons, and then maaaybe Bonnie/Clemont. At least for now.

noakai

I very much doubt you can start making an actual game from home. I'm not even sure how much DLC can be done from home. Even if they can do the majority of the work from home - which again I doubt - it will at the very least take longer than usual. And that's assuming that nobody trying to make said game actually got sick, if a lot of them are ill then not much work is gonna be getting done for a period either.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't know if any future character comebacks that the writers might've been thinking about writing will be affected by the hiatus, but I'm sort of glad that there's a break between now and the Corni return episode since I wasn't looking forward to all the Mega Lucario pandering that would've happened there.

Applecorp

What exactly is wrong with May's Japanese VA? I've heard she's sick or something but I never really figured out why that would stop her from voicing May again.

Zariful

Okay in all fairness, I wasn't aware of her condition and reason for retirement. Now that I do, I understand why it's likely May won't return. Having said I do think it's an exteunating circumstance. And if they wanted to bring May back, they would at least ask for the original actresses' blessing.

dman_dustin

I'm not going to presume to know what Kaori thinks, but under the assumption that I was a Voice Actor, and I could no longer voice said character, and likely could never voice said character, and if I really cared about the character and the fans, I would ask that they just replace me. I'm not going to hold a character I voice hostage, due to my inability to voice said character.

However as I implied, that's just my opinion, and I'm American, so maybe Japanese people feel different, so maybe the Japanese respect Kaori's decision/choice to just never use May again. As I would assume asking her for the character to be replaced would be in bad taste.

Then again I don't know why the Japanese replace the Voice Actors who are on maternity leave so "easily" if respect is that important but I guess because the original VA will come back.....but I don't know.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Garbodor. said:
Given there will be a hiatus regarding new episodes airing, I hope once new episodes come out, they will only remove the filler episodes. there should be no fast forwarding important storylines.

I'm still not sure what constitutes a filler episode in this series since Gou captures Pokemon in every other episode from the look of things, and that trend probably won't change. I realize that his captures are less significant than Satoshi's captures, but his Pokemon do appear every once in a while so they should at least be counted as important to his goal, and therefore part of the overarching plot of this series.

Jibanyan

I'm not going to presume to know what Kaori thinks, but under the assumption that I was a Voice Actor, and I could no longer voice said character, and likely could never voice said character, and if I really cared about the character and the fans, I would ask that they just replace me. I'm not going to hold a character I voice hostage, due to my inability to voice said character.

However as I implied, that's just my opinion, and I'm American, so maybe Japanese people feel different, so maybe the Japanese respect Kaori's decision/choice to just never use May again. As I would assume asking her for the character to be replaced would be in bad taste.

Then again I don't know why the Japanese replace the Voice Actors who are on maternity leave so "easily" if respect is that important but I guess because the original VA will come back.....but I don't know.
It's not like is Kaori's choice, she can't go and say "I know I'm the reason May will never come back so you can replace me", it's the anime staff choice and if they don't want to bother Kaori and respect her condition then they will just leave like that, it's not like May has to get a cameo, none of the character has to get one! maybe they think replacing the va and everything is too much trouble for something that is not vital for the anime.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It's not as much about what Kaori wants or not. Personally, I think she'd be ok with someone else voicing May.

It's about what the fans want.

May fans like May as she was, Kaori voice included. Have May back but with another voice wouldn't be quite the same thing. It wouldn't be "nostalgic" enough.

Also, what would be the point of bringing back a character from the past whose story was (kind of) over and isn't mandatory for the series to continue if she wouldn't come back "complete". May's classic voice is as much part of her character as everything else.

I remember reading that to this day, there's people with issues about the change in the american cast.

Like I said before, Glalie wasn't around for long and you know what they did with Krookodile. He can get Grimmsnarl but it would require either dumbing it down or changing its appearance a little.

This list is funny. I believe it is the sum total of popularity not just popularity based on Anime. Some choices are plain weird like Magnemite, Aron or Bidoof.

I very much doubt you can start making an actual game from home. I'm not even sure how much DLC can be done from home. Even if they can do the majority of the work from home - which again I doubt - it will at the very least take longer than usual. And that's assuming that nobody trying to make said game actually got sick, if a lot of them are ill then not much work is gonna be getting done for a period either.

Cradily19

Unless they do a contest tournament at some point that spans 3-4 episodes like the Wallace cup did, I don't think any of the past coordinators will be revisited anytime soon.

I could see one of the future returns to Hoenn/Sinnoh being about Go wanting to try a Contest for 1 episode though, like Ash did once or twice.

Cradily19

Imagine if in SM Misty/Brock came back with new voices in Japan rather than their original voices for 20+ years. Japanese fans would be furious. This isn't the western dub that can just change character voices and go on. I imagine they feel the same for everyone, I think on Japanese twitter I saw some fans complaining about Prof. oak's new voice in SM too for the first few times he returned, but at least there it's understand as his VA passed away.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Imagine if in SM Misty/Brock came back with new voices in Japan rather than their original voices for 20+ years. Japanese fans would be furious. This isn't the western dub that can just change character voices and go on. I imagine they feel the same for everyone, I think on Japanese twitter I saw some fans complaining about Prof. oak's new voice in SM too for the first few times he returned, but at least there it's understand as his VA passed away.
Im pretty sure there's a backlash about Misty's va in the dub as well and its rightly deserved imo

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope the fillers are skipped. Certain people(Go fans..... :rolleyes:) think cardboard catches are an excuse to not call crap like the Ho-oh episode filler when in fact, it is filler.
Just scrap those and toss whatever he was going to get into an episode where Ash is going to that region for PWC stuff

Several gaming publishers are doing it, and we aren't far from the first DLC release at all. It's most likely the finishing touches needing to be added, and they've most likely got work done for the second one as well. Working on an entire new game from home is a whole different story though, the next game whatever it is will most likely get pushed back. I don't see the DLC getting affected too much

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I hope the fillers are skipped. Certain people(Go fans..... :rolleyes:) think cardboard catches are an excuse to not call crap like the Ho-oh episode filler when in fact, it is filler.
Just scrap those and toss whatever he was going to get into an episode where Ash is going to that region for PWC stuff
Tbh they should scrap Team Rocket episodes as well as they are pretty much filler also.

Status
Not open for further replies.