• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Programming I'm confident can be done from home. Gee, when lockdown starter some of my co-workers showed a pic of a programner before and after quarentine and it was pretty much the same because... Most of it can be done from home.

What might be a problem are things involving 3D models and stuff. Those would probably need specific software and computers with high-specs.

noakai

How about other Japanese shows like Boruto? Are they still gonna air?

The studio that produces Boruto also produces Black Clover, and that show has announced that the show is going on hiatus around ep 132, which is the end of this month. I honestly expect a delay of pretty much any show that was not already completed. A lot of the other "big name" shows this season have either announced delays (One Piece for instance has stopped voice recording, stuff like Food Wars has been delayed post [X already completed episode]) or since they hadn't started airing yet, decided to straight up postpone their premieres (SAO and Re:Zero both are delayed until summer as of right now). There's going to be a big domino effect I think, because studios are going to have to finish these shows before they can go on to doing the ones they were originally planning to do in later seasons. I don't envy anyone in any industry right now, because between being laid off and possibly getting sick and then once they do eventually go back them having to figure out what the heck they're gonna do with the all the stuff that's having to get shifted down the pipeline, I'm sure it's going to be a huge bundle of stress on a lot of already stressed, probably underpaid workers.

ETA: One Piece and Digimon Adventure: are both officially on fill hiatus now too.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
With Go’s goal being about catching Pokémon I really hope the writers progress with that in a stronger way narratively? Maybe he tries to catch legendary Pokémon outside Mew or some super rare ‘mon. Maybe he tries to nab a Daimax Pokémon? Use different ball types, Safari Zone, fishing, maybe he teams up with Pikachu or another Satoshi-mon like past girls did? I remember Satoshi attempted double catches with both his BW! companions so let him and Satoshi work together to nab a pair of problematic Pokémon? Heck even the match from when Kasumi and Satoshi fought over Waninoko was one of the most memorable Jouto episodes for me.

More focus akin to the Goloog episode with them going to a ruins and treasure hunting a new Pokémon. Or trying to find certain stones or items to evolve Pokémon? Maybe try to get all the Eeveelutions with the final catch being a Kyodaimax Eevee? (Plus why pass up the free KANTOOOoooooo-shilling?) Maybe Go finds a Pokémon and works hard to hunt it down and catch it but has a change of heart at the last minute because maybe the Pokémon has children or is a protector or something and he realizes he would rather it be where it is? Shush/Haruka had a BF episode about this centered around a Windie. Maybe he can meet and bond with a past character devoted to catching like Minaki/Suicune? Get his own Pokémon egg?

These would all make for good episodic or two-parter quest and require no long-standing developments but still could deliver if executed properly and they’re pretty fun. Crystal from PokeSpe is a Catcher like Go and the writers wrote a good arc. for a female character full of good and investing developments and substance centered around that goal. I don’t see why the writers couldn’t do the same for Go. I do have faith the writers will invest in more diverse ways than one ball throw critical catches. Overall, I like Go a fair amount but this goal has a lot to be desired. A Shinji-like rival would be interesting, Shinji caught Pokémon and if he deemed them unfit just released them. Go could use a character like that to push his buttons and test his resolve.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This would be the perfect time to bring back Tracey as Ash and Go are also assisting a professor. Tracey needs a break from being Professor Oak's bott-le opener and maid to actually do some field research.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
cam24t said:
Anyone else hoping Brock comes back?

I'm not necessarily hoping that he'll return, but it's something that I expect will happen in this series at one point. If Satoshi visits the Nibi Gym again to battle Takeshi's brother, I expect that Takeshi himself will appear there, too.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Yes
That was so random that they chose that moment
If he gets Tyranitar and it’s not that larvitar it won’t have that meaning. I mean yes they’ll still have a good relationship but every time looking at that Tyranitar people will wish it was ash’s larvitar
That relationship ash and with it was special

I would have rather given ash larvitar egg instead of phanpy egg after winning that race, if you think about it ash never really formed any close bond with phanpy i about 50 episodes as compared to the bond he formed with larvitar only in 6 episodes.

MegaSalamence05

I've got another merchandise post from the same spot as the last one. Now with everything that has occurred over the last two days with the hiatus being put in place I can't state for certain that anything will be delayed on the merchandise side of things.
https://www.bandai.co.jp/candy/products/2020/4549660425328000.html

Scheduled release date is May 20th, 2020. But however I can be reading the release date wrong.

000000265016r2vbK5Eq3dbz5zJNsWpwoMZumyAyNpzUB4aF-product-main.jpg

Red and Blue

I've got another merchandise post from the same spot as the last one. Now with everything that has occurred over the last two days with the hiatus being put in place I can't state for certain that anything will be delayed on the merchandise side of things.

Scheduled release date is May 20th, 2020. But however I can be reading the release date wrong.

000000265016r2vbK5Eq3dbz5zJNsWpwoMZumyAyNpzUB4aF-product-main.jpg
Greninja could be Ash's and the Mimikyu Jessie's. No clue about Metagross and Scizor

ShadowForce720

Greninja could be Ash's and the Mimikyu Jessie's. No clue about Metagross and Scizor

Even though the Metagross here isn’t shiny it could still possibly represent Steven’s Metagross. As for the Scizor it could be the case where Go’s Scyther is going to evolve into a Scizor or it could be Wikistrom’s Scizor as from the small glimpse we got from him it seemed like his ace was Mega Scizor.

Sure there are other characters like Gary who have a Scizor but I don’t think they would represent Gary or some of the other characters with a Scizor.

aipomadvanceshipper

I would have rather given ash larvitar egg instead of phanpy egg after winning that race, if you think about it ash never really formed any close bond with phanpy i about 50 episodes as compared to the bond he formed with larvitar only in 6 episodes.
Remember ash rocking larvitar to calm it down. Or when he had to discipline it because it went alone to try to save him
Larvitar was Ash’s baby. So were his other eggs but larvitar needed more of ash’s attention

Should they really skip fillers, go catches a Pokémon almost always and if in a filler he does and it’s skipped won’t we be confused how he got it.

Last edited:

aipomadvanceshipper

I’m confused about raboot. It likes to battle and go mainly throws the pokeball but today he was going to use raboot to battle to catch one today but it ignored him
And it likes to dance and take care of other Pokémon I’m not sure what the problem i with his relationship with go besides the occasional lack of communication

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
I’m confused about raboot. It likes to battle and go mainly throws the pokeball but today he was going to use raboot to battle to catch one today but it ignored him
And it likes to dance and take care of other Pokémon I’m not sure what the problem i with his relationship with go besides the occasional lack of communication

Just as the woman Said, he's in his rebellious stage. I guess Cinderance will be how Scorbunny was in personality.

Leonhart

Imagineer
aipomadvanceshipper said:
Should they really skip fillers, go catches a Pokémon almost always and if in a filler he does and it’s skipped won’t we be confused how he got it.

Most people would just assume that said captures happened off-screen, and given how much flack Gou usually receives for catching so many Pokemon without any fanfare, maybe that'd be for the best.

Trainer Micah

This i'd love to see happen if May 20th if it happens say Ash getting many other pokemon too both old and new as he rotates in and out at Sakuragi's lab so you know even show professor oak his pokemon as well as his Battle bonded Greninja if it happens but hey anime is anime what ever happens happens alright?

LOL this v Also Scizor can be Go's too if it happens you know?!

Status
Not open for further replies.