• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Since Ash is most probably getting Sobble I’d quite like Leon to have Inteleon and Hop to have Rillaboom. That way Ash could have Inteleon’s Gmax form whilst Hop uses Rillaboom’s and Leon sticks with Charizard’s Gmax form, but Sobble could have Leon’s Inteleon as a rival.

I low key think Leon might have a Cinderace. Yeah I know he already Charizard as his Fire Type coverage but seeing Raboot doing Leon's signature pose in the new episode made me think that it might be some kind of foreshadowing maybe? Plus it would quite fitting since Cinderace is this Gen's Shillmon so it makes sense for the Undefeated Champion to have it. Just like Incineroar last Gen.
EWCziWaUYAARqrd

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
[because I don't consider her restaurant from the novels to be canon].

I think they can be considered. After all, the book IS an official release that was "OK'd" by the higher ups back in the day. And since that doesn't conflict with anything the show's done nor it has any effect of alienating the target audience, I wouldn't doubt it's one of the novels' pieces that was kept.

Mew29240

Honestly, if the restaurant isn't canon, I have no idea about what in the buck Delia does to live (the pension she receives from Ash's dad must be substantial). Also, I do honestly fear for Ash's pokemon if Delia even get close of them, if Mr. Mime is any indication (thank God litten evolved all the way). Also, Delia doesn't look like the "science type" to be an assistant. Yeah, I'd never think about Ash as a researcher he's supposedly to be in the current show anyway, but still.

I'd receive an all new assistant character any day. Sakuragi and his crew are working for now. I do feel Kikuna and Renji will need their own episodes in the future, though.

Hmm, she could just help out feeding the Pokemon who live there. Oak's ranch is so large that I don't doubt they need multiple hands to help feed them all the Pokemon.

Pokemon doesn't talk about finance much (if it's not about how broke Team Rocket usually is). Maybe Ash just sends a portion of his winnings (if that's a thing in the anime) to help with the bills? It's not like Delia lives luxuriously either, so it's not like she needs a lot of money.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I found this on Twitter and what do you guys think?

I don't buy it personally. And I don't like the idea of Ash having 2 Legendaries on his Team. (Tho there IS a Galarian Articuno in the DLC so maybe they could give that to Ash to promote the DLC Event? AND Ash was on Team Mystic in a previous episode so maybe foreshadowing?)

But do you guys think it could happen in these upcoming episodes?
https://twitter.com/opbL87zXlCoiflD/status/1252200897712738304?s=20

EWC2EiuWoAA5ZJb

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mythical-Moonlight said:

I don't buy it personally. (And I don't like the idea of Ash having 2 Legendaries on his Team.)

EWC2EiuWoAA5ZJb

Isn't that just someone's predictions for future captures? It was posted nine hours ago, so it's not as if that person has proof that they predicted all those earlier captures. It's also hard to believe that this person knows what'll happen in the anime a year from now if you take that Freezer prediction seriously.

Cptnmac1

I don't buy it personally. And I don't like the idea of Ash having 2 Legendaries on his Team. (Tho there IS a Galarian Articuno in the DLC so maybe they could give that to Ash to promote the DLC Event? AND Ash was on Team Mystic in a previous episode so maybe foreshadowing?)

EWC2EiuWoAA5ZJb
Not a chance. Putting the 2 legendaries aside, the list seems to imply that go won't catch anything for over 30 episodes as it lists his captures up until riolu and i don't see that happening

Leonhart

Imagineer
Cptnmac1 said:
Not a chance. Putting the 2 legendaries aside, the list seems to imply that go won't catch anything for over 30 episodes as it lists his captures up until riolu and i don't see that happening

Not that I trust that list either, but considering that Satoshi's team only has one open spot left after Riolu's capture if Barrierd counts as part of Satoshi's team, I would think that Satoshi slowing down his capture rate for a while would make sense.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'd like to see the restaurant as well. It'd make a good filler having Ash and whoever are his current set of friends going there and having to help her because the restaurant got more clients than usual.

Red and Blue

If they were going to give Ash a Legendary Pokemon it should happen late into the WC instead of the 60 episode mark

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
maybe they're all Go captures instead? :D

Ash doesn't need anymore captures. He should have been using his reserves from the past series right from the start instead of capturing fanfic captures Dragonite, Gengar, and Riolu

noakai

No anime tag on those toys, not all toys are anime related.

The anime is done months in advance, if the popularity polls were going to affect anything we wont notice it for a while.

Yep, Greninja just won that "favorite Pokemon" poll they ran with Google, so I would expect to start to see merchandise for at least the top 10 of those Pokemon start to come out in the coming months after it eventually but not necessarily see anything in the anime yet for any of the "top" winners. Finding out which ones to make merchandise for was probably at least part of the reason they ran and promoted that poll like they did. I don't think we'll never, ever see Greninja again in the anine or anything of course. I think merchandise isn't going to be as big of an indicator as it might otherwise be just because of that poll and now also because of the virus. I bet a lot of plans will have to be reworked or scrapped.

ShadowForce720

Not that I trust that list either, but considering that Satoshi's team only has one open spot left after Riolu's capture if Barrierd counts as part of Satoshi's team, I would think that Satoshi slowing down his capture rate for a while would make sense.

I don’t think it’s safe to assume that just because he will have a full team if you count Mr.Mime that he is just suddenly going to slow down in terms of captures.

If they were going to give Ash a Legendary Pokemon it should happen late into the WC instead of the 60 episode mark

To be fair some people thought the idea of suggesting Ash would get Dragonite in episode 10 while Go’s Scorbunny would evolve in episode 17 was crazy and yet here we are.

I mean sure everyone has their preferences but we really don’t know what they have planned in terms of captures for Ash, so while it’s not guaranteed that Ash would get a Legendary around episode 60, it’s certainly isn’t a farfetchd idea that he might actually get one around episode 60 at this point it’s really to early to tell.

Ash doesn't need anymore captures. He should have been using his reserves from the past series right from the start instead of capturing fanfic captures Dragonite, Gengar, and Riolu

Look as much as I want Ash to use his reserves, it would be incredibly boring for Go to be the only one catching Pokémon while Ash doesn’t catch anything especially if his reserves aren’t going to evolve. Also it would be out of character for Ash to just completely stop capturing Pokémon especially when he is still a main character.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I don’t see the appeal in wanting to see the restaurant but it wouldn’t hurt to appear ig. There’s other things I’d prioritize to see debut though

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet

I think most of the future captures that people are basing off of merch are definitely more likely to be Go Pokemon than Ash Pokemon with obvious exceptions like Sobble and maybe Grookey.

ShadowForce720

I think most of the future captures that people are basing off of merch are definitely more likely to be Go Pokemon than Ash Pokemon with obvious exceptions like Sobble and maybe Grookey.

Based on what exactly because before Ash caught Dragonite people thought that Dragonite was going to go to Go and some people still thought that way even after Ash was seen bonding with Dragonair in the preview.

Heck some people also thought Gengar was more likely going to go to Go and yet Ash caught both Dragonite and Gengar.

So I don’t think it’s safe to assume that the futures captures based on merch are somehow more likely to be captures from Go then Ash, when we really don’t know which Pokémon Ash will or will not get.

Decidueye23

With respect to captures i would be fine if they did slow down after sobble or the next one, provided they bring back some reserves occasionely. With reserves (wishful thinking) and a tonne of new captures i am not sure they can balance good screen time to all. Besides riolu and sobble will probably get huge chunks of development.

Coming to sobble it would be great if they set up either one of leones pokemon or maybe nessa or hop as a rival for sobble.

Sidagam

Based on what exactly because before Ash caught Dragonite people thought that Dragonite was going to go to Go and some people still thought that way even after Ash was seen bonding with Dragonair in the preview.

Heck some people also thought Gengar was more likely going to go to Go and yet Ash caught both Dragonite and Gengar.

So I don’t think it’s safe to assume that the futures captures based on merch are somehow more likely to be captures from Go then Ash, when we really don’t know which Pokémon Ash will or will not get.

Exactly. If a Pokemon gets a bunch of merch, and then that Pokemon ends up in the anime (Gengar, Riolu, Lucario), that usually means it will be on portrayed more. Aside from Raboot, Ash is the one who's Pokemon are going to be more present and important, so they're the ones who will likely get the majority of merch

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mew29240 said:
Pokemon doesn't talk about finance much (if it's not about how broke Team Rocket usually is). Maybe Ash just sends a portion of his winnings (if that's a thing in the anime) to help with the bills? It's not like Delia lives luxuriously either, so it's not like she needs a lot of money.

I don't think Satoshi makes any money since that's never been implied, and if anything it would be expected for Hanako to send him money instead given that she's his parent. Although I can't say for sure if she does give him money since that's also never been brought up.

Status
Not open for further replies.