• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Still Ash catching Slowking can’t just be ruled out, we’re just going to have to wait and see what happens.

Right, patterns can be broken.
If Ash gets Slowking then the people saying he won't get reserves will finally be proven wrong. He's practically confirmed to get Sobble and Grookey...

It'd be nice if it did turn out to be Galarian Slowking, giving Go the new one will honestly just be stupid. Least the old Slowking had a proper showing under Conway

Grey Wind

Just because something can't be ruled out doesn't mean it's likely, or even worth discussing. We obviously can't 100% say Ash isn't gonna catch Slowking, but we can also use logic and common sense to say that the likelihood of him catching a relatively unpopular Johto Pokemon in the second half of a gimmick episode right before he catches Sobble is... slim to none.

Sword master zacian

I don't ash will get slowking but we can't rule out anything
But i feel the episode will focus on slowking becoming the leader of all slowpokes of the island plus even the tittles is crown yourself slowking
Ash will help but not catch it cuz he doen't tends to remove a leader from its group untill the pkm comes with him
Also slowking isn't much popular, no merchs of slowking has appeared,and also ash catching sobble episode is just 1 ep ahead

ShadowForce720

Just because something can't be ruled out doesn't mean it's likely, or even worth discussing. We obviously can't 100% say Ash isn't gonna catch Slowking, but we can also use logic and common sense to say that the likelihood of him catching a relatively unpopular Johto Pokemon in the second half of a gimmick episode right before he catches Sobble is... slim to none.

Not necessarily because back before Ash caught Dragonite some people would have said the likelihood of him catching a Dragonite only 10 episodes into the series was slim to none and yet that didn’t prevent him from getting Dragonite in episode 10.

Heck if it wasn’t for the poster that revealed Go’s Scorbunny evolving into Raboot some people would have said that the chances of Scorbunny evolving in episode 17 were slim to none and yet that didn’t prevent Scorbunny evolving.

So if you want to talk about using logic and common sense then it’s common sense that in a series where almost every Pokémon is on the table for Ash to catch and the series and given the series unpredictable it means the chances of Ash catching Slowking can’t just be ruled out as slim to none.

Look it’s fine if you personally don’t think Ash will get it but that doesn’t mean people can’t speculate on Ash getting it or that their somehow being unreasonable or crazy for doing so.

Last edited:

MegaSalamence05

The only Pokemon that have fully evolved ever on the main cast using evolutionary items are only Ash'sGliscor and Misty's Politoad if memory serves me correctly.

Pikachu, Lillie's Vulpix, Lana's Eevee, Go & Tracey's Scyther's ect. Don't count as they haven't used the items.

So Pokemon who use items for evolutionary methods shouldn't be excluded from possibilities for possible Pokemon Ash could catch.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Personally I don't think Ash will catch Slowking and I doubt the anime would spoil Galarian Slowking's design so early. (Gotta remember before the pandemic occurred this episode would've been aired weeks in advance before the DLC)

However I'm also not gonna rule out the possibilty of any of it happening. This show has been super unpredictable at times so you'll never know what to expect

Even Ash catching Sobble is still up for debate at this point since this show is so full of surprises (as much as I try to keep an optimistic pov)

Always remember folks to never count your Torchics before they hatch! (And Hope for the Best but Prepare for the Worst outcome no matter what)

dman_dustin

That would make sense if the topic at hand was completely baseless.

Which the Slowking conversation isn't.

Go seems to be getting the Magikarp focus, whereas Ash is getting focus in the Slowpoke/Slowking segment. A capture may not seem likely but it can still be considered worthy of discussion.

Unlike say Ash catching anything in the Korrina episode for example.

Red and Blue

There really is no reason ALL of Ash's captures this season have to be popular Pokemon. One or two spots could easily go to lesser Pokemon

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
There really is no reason ALL of Ash's captures this season have to be popular Pokemon. One or two spots could easily go to lesser Pokemon
I agree tbh. It doesn't sit right with me either. But it's not a Farfetch'd (heh) theory since literally everyone on Ash's Team so far have been Top 10 in each of their regions in the World Wide poll. The only exception so far is Riolu (but he's gonna evolve into the #1 Sinnoh Pokemon anyways)

Things are going to get interesting once Grookey shows up. Then we'll know for certain if that theory holds water or not.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I agree tbh. It doesn't sit right with me either. But it's not a Farfetch'd (heh) theory since literally everyone on Ash's Team so far have been Top 10 in each of their regions in the World Wide poll. The only exception so far is Riolu (but he's gonna evolve into the #1 Sinnoh Pokemon anyways)

Things are going to get interesting once Grookey shows up. Then we'll know for certain if that theory holds water or not.
Although, Grookey is a starter and thus gets different treatment.

nickdt

Yeah, but the thing is that the episodes (Up until episode 35 i expect) were already made before the World Wide Poll was even a thing.
Doesn't deny the fact that Lucario, Gengar and Dragonite have always been popular anyways, just saying the WW poll doesn't matter for things that happen before at least episode 50 and might only affect the second half of this series.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:
I had a crazy idea. In the promo poster of the anime, there was Jigglypuff in the Institute's area. It could mean our old friend Jigglypuff will return, but I just thought: Will Goh try to capture it? I mean, Ash won't even try, as he already knows Jigglypuff from a long time, but what about Goh? After all, he tries to capture EVERY SINGLE Pokemon's species. Do you see him actually capturing the Jigglypuff we have known for years?

Normally I'd consider any wild Pokemon to be fair game for him, but I feel that this particular Purin is so well-known as a wild recurring gag Pokemon that it may as well remain un-captured.

johno1995

Normally I'd consider any wild Pokemon to be fair game for him, but I feel that this particular Purin is so well-known as a wild recurring gag Pokemon that it may as well remain un-captured.

If it is indeed our old pal Jigglypuff, I think it might be a cute twist on the gag if it shows up a couple times and each time it does, Goh tries to catch it only to be evaded by Sing.

Red and Blue

If they keep that Jigglypuff past PM2019 then it definitely won't be caught. Unless Go or Koharu stick around for Gen 9

kickachu

Momentai!
If they keep that Jigglypuff past PM2019 then it definitely won't be caught. Unless Go or Koharu stick around for Gen 9
I think they will you think go won't catch a gen 9 pokemon and koharu discovering herself? I don't think so

Master Pikachu 11

Still Ash catching Slowking can’t just be ruled out, we’re just going to have to wait and see what happens.
I respect your opinion and I would agree with you, however, at looking at all the episodes since there isn’t a new episode on the moment, I noticed that there is one pattern to Ash’s captures and one obviously is the three he has caught have been very popular. Also another one is majority of his captures had the entire episode focused on said Pokémon for the whole episode, sure Go caught a random Pokémon minus the Gengar episode but the theme is that they dedicated the entire episode on the Pokémon that Ash captured. With Slowking it is an episode that will be 10 minutes and will split focus with Go Magikarp instead of like Sobble have the entire episode focused on it. I just think for a Pokémon like Slowking it won’t be a Pokémon that many fans would really excited to see Ash catch unlike say Espeon and or Gardevoir. I appreciate your opinion, but I just don’t see it

Leonhart

Imagineer
johno1995 said:
If it is indeed our old pal Jigglypuff, I think it might be a cute twist on the gag if it shows up a couple times and each time it does, Goh tries to catch it only to be evaded by Sing.

That sounds like something that would happen since the writers love using Purin's singing as a gag. It would also be satisfying to see Gou seek a Pokemon that evades capture in multiple episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.