• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Beast Lover

As long as they travel with Go he can have all the Galar starters.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Don't worry, they will definitely give Ash Grookey

I hope not. He has enough grass types, and more then enough pure grass types

It's the same reason I don't want him to get sobble. Lots of water types already and way to many pure water.

If he's going to get a grass or water Pokémon let it be something with a duel type, preferably one ash doesn't have much of.
Instead of reusing the same types over and over

Last edited:

MegaSalamence05

But the interesting thing here is that this situation really reminds me back during Unova when Ash caught both Palpitoad and Roggenrolla within 3 episodes. Both were unpredicted. They weren't even the focus for the episodes. (Ash's Oshawott learning to conquer its fear of using Aqua Jet with its eyes open and trying to get to the other side of a cave).

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ok now that I drained away my saltiness and my aggressiveness towards people jumping to conclusions and being salty about Go likely catching Sobble like clowns, I really think the writers had Ash to catch Galarian Farfetch’d not due to popularity but to contrast with Go’s and the fact that the most overlooked part of G-Farfetch’d is that it’s a very battle heavy mon to the point that its own evolution method is battle related.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Wow. Major shocker here.

So it's either Grookey or no starter this season, that's wild.

Biggest jebait in marketing ever.

game3524

I wanted Go to get Sobble from the start since I thought it made the most sense writing wise (boy who is a bit insensitive gets a Pokemon that is really sensitive is a good set up for development).

Ash-Greninja4life

I feel as if Ash, the main character of the Pokemon anime, needs to showcase at least one starter. And Rillaboom is my least favourite of the 3... I suppose that rule could always be broken.

Sobble might still be Ash’s, and we’re just supposed to sweat this week on the fact they’re making it look like it’s going to Go.

there is a Morpeko in the next episode that Go might catch.

but having said all of that, I can’t see ash catching two Pokemon within two episodes. I would love it to happen, but he only does that at the beginning of new regions like Kanto when he caught Caterpie and Pidgeotto and Unova with Oshawott and Pidove

PsychoLogical

I feel as if Ash, the main character of the Pokemon anime, needs to showcase at least one starter. And Rillaboom is my least favourite of the 3... I suppose that rule could always be broken.

Sobble might still be Ash’s, and we’re just supposed to sweat this week on the fact they’re making it look like it’s going to Go.

there is a Morpeko in the next episode that Go might catch.

but having said all of that, I can’t see ash catching two Pokemon within two episodes. I would love it to happen, but he only does that at the beginning of new regions like Kanto when he caught Caterpie and Pidgeotto and Unova with Oshawott and Pidove
The last time the writers did a back-to-back capture was in the XY series which was almost 7 years ago. They can still potentially bring that back but it’s now idk cause this was also the first time Ash caught something since Palpitoad (OMEGALUL) that didn’t get a focus ep.

Remix2

I wanted Go to get Sobble from the start since I thought it made the most sense writing wise (boy who is a bit insensitive gets a Pokemon that is really sensitive is a good set up for development).

They already did the insensitive plot for go cubone and look what happen to him.

PsychoLogical

They already did the insensitive plot for go cubone and look what happen to him.
There’s a difference. Sobble will absolutely likely be on the main cast getting screentime since they still need to promote Galar cause thats the current Gen.

Ultra Beast Lover

Y'know what, it's fine, as long as they don't pull any surprises we'll only have to deal with Go for one generation. Once the three-four years are up we never have to deal with him again. Just please, for the love of all that is good, let Sobble travel with Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.