• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sword master zacian

I still believe there is a chance Ash could catch Sobble, we've been faked out with today's episode so next week could be the same and Morpeko is still meant to be joining the boys so let him get that. Wouldn't be the first time Ash got back to back captures. He caught Caterpie and Pidgeotto in the same ep. Tailow and Treecko were caught in quick succession not one ep after the other but quick enough. He caught Pidove, Oshawott and Tepig back to back and Palpitoad and Roggenrola were caught pretty close as well. The most recent is Froakie and Fletchling, so its not unheard of for Ash to get back to back captures, it took him this long just to get something from the current generation and its a reigional form so give him something else that isn't a Gen 1 recolour.]

While, I do really enjoy and appreciate the unpredictability of this series and as cool as Sirfetch'd is, i dunno mixed feelings hopefully it actually gets a good showing instead of playing second fiddle to Riolu although realistically that's probably gonna happen, if another fighting type was needed Urshifu would have made way more sense in my opinion. If Goh really wanted Farfetched he should have just Raboot who's more interested in battling now. Don't waste Sobble on him, he was disappointed even though the guy catches at least 2 pokemon in most episodes. He can still get Morpeko.

Honeslty hoping next week is another fake out but another thing that annoys me is why show sobble with all of Ash's mons. Did they want to fake us out that hard
Tbh now i amn't too sure
But they can trick us with preview
But actually morpeko was shown eating food after team rocket ballon was crashed

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The next 7 days are going to be a wild ride, won't they?

kickachu

Momentai!
listen to me everybody The scan that showed Sobble with ash's Pokemon confirms ash is getting sobble. remember when ash said he catch an onix in bw season 2 but it didn't happen/last week's episode where goh said he catch some more galar Pokemon but he didn't. Today's capture was a surprise catch like palpitoad was in bw or even comfey from last year. some previews in the anime can fool us and besides there have been some episode where ash catches Pokemon in two episodes. think about it

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sword master zacian said:
Nope translate and read 99%of them wants ash with sobble
https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1279709105024712705/photo/1

I personally wouldn't use fan opinions on Twitter as evidence, though. Twitter is a cesspool, and fan complaints on there probably won't change how the writers handle Messon [it's far too late anyway, because the Messon episode is already completed].

tsunamimijumaru

listen to me everybody The scan that showed Sobble with ash's Pokemon confirms ash is getting sobble. remember when ash said he catch an onix in bw season 2 but it didn't happen/last week's episode where goh said he catch some more galar Pokemon but he didn't. Today's capture was a surprise catch like palpitoad was in bw or even comfey from last year. some previews in the anime can fool us and besides there have been some episode where ash catches Pokemon in two episodes. think about it

Completely agree, why explicitly show it alongside Ash's other mons if he wasn't getting it. Doesn't make much sense and Farfetch'd was definitely a surprise, an interesting surprise and they have kept things hidden from us more recent ones i can think was Ash actually catching Dragonite and Torracat evolving

Leonhart

Imagineer
tsunamimijumaru said:
Completely agree, why explicitly show it alongside Ash's other mons if he wasn't getting it.

The Eievui situation from SM proves that just because a Pokemon is shown near Satoshi or his other Pokemon, that it doesn't mean he's destined to get it.

Ultra Beast Lover

I want to see Ash's reserves, not the Kanto ones right now though. I'd like an episode like the Sinnoh one where Ash is like, "Hey, Paul's right, I'm going to need to be serious. Better get some backup." And we have a montage of his Pokemon excitedly greeting him. That was honestly my favorite part during the league and should be done more often.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
At this point, I don’t really care anymore. I can see Sobble being a good fit for both Ash & Go and no matter who catches it, it’ll most likely get the same amount of screen time.

If Ash catches it, it won’t appear in every episode since we’ve seen that Riolu, Gengar, & Dragonite have been left behind or not show up at all several times.

If Go catches it, they won’t treat it like Cubone since it’s one of the new starters and they’ll promote the crap out of it. Whether or not it evolves into Inteleon, it’ll most likely get as much screen time as Ash’s other Pokémon have gotten this series.

I’m personally not going to worry about who gets Sobble and when next week comes, I’m just going to come along for the ride & accept whatever happens

Last edited:

tsunamimijumaru

The Eievui situation from SM proves that just because a Pokemon is shown near Satoshi or his other Pokemon, that it doesn't mean he's destined to get it.

I agree with you on that one however, I think one is a bit different as when we first saw the poster with Eevee all the other cast members were there as well. Anyone could have got it whereas the Scan with Sobble literally had Ash and his whole team. Would be odd to promote Ash, his whole team and then one of Goh's Pokemon no?

Sword master zacian

Considering ash team right now
fairy typing is gonna be a real threat to ash his dragonite,riolu,farfetch'd all are weak to fairy
Riolu,farfetch'd,gengar- add psychic type weakness a lot too

Ultra Beast Lover

I wouldn't have expected any different from the anime since the writers rarely portray in-game villains as good people in the anime, not counting the times when villains have masqueraded as good guys of course.
Right... masqueraded... I mean yeah it technically was a masquerade but it was always as obvious as TR's disguises. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.