• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

The Eievui situation from SM proves that just because a Pokemon is shown near Satoshi or his other Pokemon, that it doesn't mean he's destined to get it.

The Eevee situation was the fans own fault (Despite it being near Ash, it was never shown on Ash's team, not in a preview or a scan and on the poster we got, Lana was looking directly at it, suggesting she could also get it).

kickachu

Momentai!
The Eievui situation from SM proves that just because a Pokemon is shown near Satoshi or his other Pokemon, that it doesn't mean he's destined to get it.
That was different sobble is literally with all of ashs Pokemon. While in sm eevee was in front of him

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Anyway something a bit different form the recent events

Given the Pokémon journey logo is on this then we might be back to Kalos sooner then later.
That was likely to promote XY coming to Pokemon TV.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ultra Beast Lover said:
Right... masqueraded... I mean yeah it technically was a masquerade but it was always as obvious as TR's disguises. XD

In some cases it was very obvious, but to be fair when it came to certain game villains that we've seen in the anime that hid their true intentions at first like Akagi in DP and Fuladari in XY, the fandom already knew ahead of time that they were bad people, so it was easy for us to predict that they'd also be evil in the anime. The same would apply to Rose when/if he appears.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Do you think characters for other games will appear in PJ? Or it's only exclusive for the main games? I'm hoping that Todd Snap returns at certain point and that Prof. Willow appears...

Also hoping for Pasio and non-SwSh/DLC storylines to be incorporated as well...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
By the way, Am I the only one who believes that Farfetch'd will get jealous of Riolu evolving soon, only for it to get its own episode to evolve and for character development as well?
Either that or Farfetch’d will evolve first & Riolu will get jealous of it

Leonhart

Imagineer
kickachu said:
That was different sobble is literally with all of ashs Pokemon. While in sm eevee was in front of him

May I ask why we're even putting so much emphasis on pictures of Messon with Satoshi's other Pokemon, when we just recently experienced a case of the writers throwing a curve ball at us when it came to Galarian Kamonegi? Considering that most people assumed Gou would capture that Kamonegi for several reasons, I don't think that it would be out of the realm of possibility for Messon being with Satoshi's Pokemon to be a red herring as well.

tsunamimijumaru

Personally, I can see this being Riolu’s movesets once it evolves into Lucario:
  • Aura Sphere (replace Vacuum Wave)
  • Force Palm/Extreme Speed (Both good physical moves)
  • Bone Rush (Most likely to have after seeing Korrina’s Lucario use it)
  • Steel Beam (the move was heavily promoted due to having a contest to decide its official Japanese name)

Hmmm, because they have shoved a whole moveset on to Riolu now I imagine it will keep one of its new moves when it evolves which i actually see being Double team. A lot of Ash's mons before they evolve keep at least one of its moves before it evolves. Charizard has always had Flamethrower while the rest have changed for example. A lot of the moves that one of Ash's pokemon had when introduced has stuck around which tends to just be the one with Infernape and Torterra keeping Dig and Synthesis which they had when first introduced to us. I agree with you on Aura sphere replacing Vacumm Wave and Bone Rush after watchcing Korrina's Lucario but i'm hoping it gets Meteor Mash instead of Steel Beam. Thinking about it now I feel like its gonna have a similar moveste to greninja.

Double Team (confuse opponents)
Bone Rush (weapon based attack)
Aura Sphere (long rang and mandatory)
Meteor Mash (another close combat based move)

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Oh ye just to label out what Ash’s Galarian Farfetch’d capture did:
-Marked the first time Ash catches something that didn’t get a focus episode since Palpitoad
-Marks the first time any of Ash’s pkmn used Dark type moves that weren’t Bite and Crunch
-was also Ash’s first regional variant capture

Ultra Beast Lover

I think that, even without the games, the anime makes it kinda easy to tell who the villain is. They usually have a similar look in their eyes and typically their first speaking appearance has them say something that tips you off. I'm sure that, once Rose starts talking, we'll get that tell tale sign.

Anyways, as for if characters from other games will appear, I'd like to see Todd again. If Professor Burnett can appear in the games and anime then I'm sure we'll see other spin off characters.

ShadowForce720

An interesting thing to note is that Ash’s Riolu knows Double Team which isn’t a move it can learn in gen 8 however it could learn it in gen 7.

So this goes to show that there not scared of giving Ash’s Pokémon moves that they could only learn in previous generations.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Hmmm, because they have shoved a whole moveset on to Riolu now I imagine it will keep one of its new moves when it evolves which i actually see being Double team. A lot of Ash's mons before they evolve keep at least one of its moves before it evolves. Charizard has always had Flamethrower while the rest have changed for example. A lot of the moves that one of Ash's pokemon had when introduced has stuck around which tends to just be the one with Infernape and Torterra keeping Dig and Synthesis which they had when first introduced to us. I agree with you on Aura sphere replacing Vacumm Wave and Bone Rush after watchcing Korrina's Lucario but i'm hoping it gets Meteor Mash instead of Steel Beam. Thinking about it now I feel like its gonna have a similar moveste to greninja.

Double Team (confuse opponents)
Bone Rush (weapon based attack)
Aura Sphere (long rang and mandatory)
Meteor Mash (another close combat based move)
I can actually see this being Lucario's moveset, though I'm still leaning more towards Steel Beam partly because it's one of the new moves introduced this Gen, partly because they could give Lucario more of a special-based movepool since Sirfecth'd will most likely have a physical based one

Master Pikachu 11

So I had a feeling that if they wanted to pull another Dragonite on us that it would be Ash catching Galarian Farfetch’d instead of Slowking. Even though the next episode maybe hinting at Goh possibly catching Sobble. I still expect it to go to Ash as Goh will end up with Morpeko, who I am also glad is appearing in the episode and has a different VA.

Sword master zacian

May I ask why we're even putting so much emphasis on pictures of Messon with Satoshi's other Pokemon, when we just recently experienced a case of the writers throwing a curve ball at us when it came to Galarian Kamonegi? Considering that most people assumed Gou would capture that Kamonegi for several reasons, I don't think that it would be out of the realm of possibility for Messon being with Satoshi's Pokemon to be a red herring as well.
Actually there was no scan/any mention of goh gettong g-fargetch'd we were all predicting it based on how goh thoigh farfetch'd can't evolve

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Is Tyranitar next for Ash?

Either that or Farfetch’d will evolve first & Riolu will get jealous of it

But that would mean that both will evolve within the next 10 episodes... Because I believe that, given the development that Riolu gets in every episode, the writers are rushing towards Lucario for marketability...

Oh ye just to label out what Ash’s Galarian Farfetch’d capture did:
-Marked the first time Ash catches something that didn’t get a focus episode since Palpitoad
-Marks the first time any of Ash’s pkmn used Dark type moves that weren’t Bite and Crunch
-was also Ash’s first regional variant capture

Agree with this... Another "tradition" broken... It's just sad that it's being overshadowed and some are even hating the capture...

tsunamimijumaru

An interesting thing to note is that Ash’s Riolu knows Double Team which isn’t a move it can learn in gen 8 however it could learn it in gen 7.

So this goes to show that there not scared of giving Ash’s Pokémon moves that they could only learn in previous generations.

Didn't know that haha if that's the case they should have stuck Meteor mash on it as well or have it learn it later before it evolves. I know its an egg move but come on Torracat learned revenge last gen and it was an egg move but i think the main example of this would be Pikachu dishing out Volt Tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.