• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
In the next Episode Goh is going catch Flygon but there a chance could Ash catch Trapinch too.
Not going to happen. Go will just catch the entire line.

esquilo09

In the next Episode Goh is going catch Flygon but there a chance could Ash catch Trapinch too.
Not happening, Go is the one who will catch the entire line.

The only Pokémon I see happening to Ash are these:

Eevee->Espeon/Umbreon
Tyranitar
Blaziken
Gardevoir
Absol/Mightyena
Weavile/G-Darmanitan/Frosmoth/Abomasnow
Obstagoon/Zoroark
Mudsdale/G-Rapidash
Golisopod
Hydreigon
Haxorus/Druddigon
Volcarona/Chandelure
Dragapult
Kommo-o

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
They probably need to pass a test given by the Pokemon league officials or whoever organizes the gyms. Wasn't there a group of people who inspected gyms in the earlier episodes like the Nurse Joy with the Latias?

There's definitely an organization that checks up on Gyms and evaluates Gym Leaders, and I'm willing to bet that they're responsible for setting up official Gyms as well.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
As far as Gen 8 pokemon go, I think it would be cool to see

Ash with:
Dreepy
Rookiedee
Rolycoly
Impidimp
or G-Meowth lines
or one of the Applin Branches

Goh with:
G-Fossils
Hattena
Nicket
Wooloo
Toxel
G-Ponyta
and Grookey lines

TR with:
Morpeko
Dreadnaw
Sandaconda
Cramorant
Stonjourner
Alcremie
G-Weezing

Last edited:

Ibrahim Saidu

Haha.. soon one by one all will be drained out to gou just like sobble flygon and Aerodactyl (almost confirmed)
I don't know why people keep saying that Goh will catch this and that. Goh is obviously the worst companion because his goal is to catch Mew which is stupid and his Pokemon rarely battles. I hope that Paul would return and trash talk Goh on his goal like in did to Ash during DP

Ibrahim Saidu

In terms of Gen 8, Ash could catch these Pokemon:
Corviknight
Rillaboom
Coalossal
Grimmsnarl
Dragapult
Toxtricity
Drednaw
Urshifu SS
NB: That Chewtle used by Team Rocket was just a one time thing

As far as Gen 8 pokemon go, I think it would be cool to see

Ash with:
Dreepy
Rookiedee
Rolycoly
Impidimp
or G-Meowth lines
or one of the Applin Branches

Goh with:
G-Fossils
Hattena
Nicket
Wooloo
Toxel
G-Ponyta
and Grookey lines

TR with:
Morpeko
Dreadnaw
Sandaconda
Cramorant
Stonjourner
Alcremie
G-Weezing
Which past Gen Pokemon would you want Ash to have

Last edited by a moderator:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoneman29 said:

I doubt that. If anyone's capturing a Nuckrar, it's Gou since it would make a lot of sense for him to want the entire evolutionary line. There's been no foreshadowing for Satoshi capturing a Nuckrar, and I question why he should when Gou seems like he'll add Flygon to his team anyway, which would make Satoshi having its pre-evolved form sort of pointless.

And I'm not surprised about Rabbifoot's gender: I just don't quite see why it matters if a Pokemon is male or female. I remember viewers making a big deal about that in DP in particular after the evil Togepy episode confirmed Pochama's gender among others.

esquilo09

Ash's team prediction

Pikachu
Dragonite
Core-Gengar
Riolu->Lucario (Coming soon)
G-Farfetch'd->Sirfetch'd
Tyranitar/Eevee->Espeon/Umbreon: Johto options
Corviknight/Toxtricity/Dragapult/Alcremie/Grimmsnarl/G-Rapidash: Galar options
Weavile/Abomasnow/G-Darmanitan/Frosmoth/Eiscue: Ice type options
Zoroark/Chandelure/Volcarona/Hydreigon/Haxorus/Druddigon: Unova options
Blaziken/Gardevoir/Absol/Mightyena/Aggron: Hoenn options
Golisopod/Mudsdale: Alola options

Ibrahim Saidu

Ash's team prediction

Pikachu
Dragonite
Core-Gengar
Riolu->Lucario (Coming soon)
G-Farfetch'd->Sirfetch'd
Tyranitar/Eevee->Espeon/Umbreon: Johto options
Corviknight/Toxtricity/Dragapult/Alcremie/Grimmsnarl/G-Rapidash: Galar options
Weavile/Abomasnow/G-Darmanitan/Frosmoth/Eiscue: Ice type options
Zoroark/Chandelure/Volcarona/Hydreigon/Haxorus/Druddigon: Unova options
Blaziken/Gardevoir/Absol/Mightyena/Aggron: Hoenn options
Golisopod/Mudsdale: Alola options
Here's my team prediction for Ash
Current roster
Pikachu
Dragonite
Gengar
Riolu --->Lucario
Galarian Farfetch'd ---->Sirfetch'd
Prediction
Kanto: Arcanine and Rhydon
Johto: Houndoom, Tyranitar and Espeon
Hoenn: Blaziken, Absol, Gardevoir and Aggron
Sinnoh: Weavile/Abomasnow and Hippowdon
Unova: Chandelure and Zoroark
Kalos: Gogoat, Pyroar and Tyrantrum
Alola: Golisopod, Mudsdale and Kommo-o
Galar: Corviknight, Rillaboom, Drednaw, Coalossal, Grimmsnarl, Toxtricity, Copperajah, Urshifu RS and Dragapult

desdar300

All right so it was brought to my attention on Twitter that the mystery merch that we've been talking about for months now is a master ball typically a marketing are tied to Legendary Pokemon ( Friend told me).
The three Pokemon that are releasing in October that are legendary are the wolves and Eternatus.

johno1995

My ideal Ash roster for Pokemon Journeys:
025.png
122.png
149.png
094.png

Nuff said.
447.png
->
448.png
/
083-g.png
->
865.png

These two are pretty much confirmed.
Lucario: Aura Sphere, Force Palm, Meteor Mash, Extreme Speed
Sirfetch'd: Meteor Assault, Brutal Swing, Leaf Blade, Brave Bird
845-go.png

Cramorant and its Pikachu gag are heavily marketed. I could see the writers having Ash catch one that likes to scoop up Pikachu (and maybe even sometimes Ash). It would be a fun gag mon and I think would inject a lot of personality into Ash's roster. Access to Dive, Drill Peck, Weather Ball, Ice Beam
848.png
->
849.png

I could see Ash and Goh each catching a member of a pair of sibling Toxel, who then evolve into Toxtricity. I could see the baby Toxel being tough to take care of and destructive crybabies for the lulz and evolving into music-loving Toxtricity. Access to Overdrive, Sludge Wave, Boomburst, Power-Up Punch
052-g.png
->
863.png

G-Meowth and Perrserker being battle-loving Pokemon and vikings really strike me as Ash Pokemon. I could see them having fun interactions with TR and Meowth, and having a varied and tricky moveset to differentiate from the other resident Steel-type on Ash's team, Lucario with access to Iron Head, Throat Chop, Play Rough, Dig
554-g.png
->
555-gz.png

I'm happy that a lot of Swsh's regional forms seem 'fitting' for Ash in a lot of ways (to serve as parallels to other cast mates' Pokemon, as well as in design) and I think seeing Ash try to handle a hyperactive, maniacal Zen G-Darmanitan would be loads of fun. Access to Avalanche, Flame Wheel, Bulldoze, Zen Headbutt
248.png

Not really big on Ash catching too many more previous Gen Pokemon, but Tyranitar would make a neat addition--especially if it's a grown-up Larvitar from Ash's Johto journey. Access to Stone Edge, Stomping Tantrum, Crunch, Fire Fang
572.png
->
573.png

I think next to Zoroark, the Minccino line is the most marketable Unova 'mon that Ash hadn't caught. Seeing it in action in the last episode made me realize how much I wanted it on the main cast since its reveal... Access to Tail Slap, Aqua Tail, Triple Axel, Gunk Shot
Access to reserves:
I only see chances for previous starters, and the Alola crew, making triumphant--albeit temporary--returns once Ash climbs up the ranks. I'd love to see his Squirtle and Oshawott return to evolve, as much as I doubt it happening. Greninja seems like a shoo-in at this point.

These "predictions" are more like my personal wishlist and not what I think is most likely... Ideally for me, he'd have just a team of Galar 'mons plus old reserves, but I might as well stick with somewhat likely predictions based on the precedence this series has set thus far with some old-Gen Pokemon being thrown in the mix!

Lionel_B

I find it hard to imagine Ash capturing many Pokémon for this season... Already he missed Golurk and Sobble who were captured by Goh.

Honestly, this is the first time that I haven't had fun guessing what Ash's next Pokémon will be, because it can come from any generation, at best I can dip into the recent top 30.

After... I would like him to recover Melmetal, that will make an extra Gigantamax form, but I very much doubt it.

As for Goh, I think since he already has Sobble and Raboot, he also has Grookey (Yes, I know I already said that I wanted Goh to have a Decidueye, to allow the series to have redemption, but I think we will be able to live with Goh who has 2 Grass starters.), anyway Ash's ace in this cycle is Riolu/Lucario... I would have preferred him to do that in the XY series, at least Ash would have had a real Mega-Evolution.

D

Deleted member 384931

Who will replace Raboot as walking pokemon once it evolves? Eevee? Grookey?

Status
Not open for further replies.