• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenaRulez

Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket are like blank slates that always go back to the status quo of their character even after they had some "character development". They exist more as marketing tools instead of actual characters and that's the reason why I can't get behind them anymore.

Team Rocket not changing is expected but because Ash is the main character it sends a strange message if he isn't allowed to change as a character over time no matter how many things he goes through. :( It's almost like they are saying that his experiences don't matter.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
It's almost like they are saying that his experiences don't matter.

Considering all the times that Satoshi has had to start over from scratch and work his way back to the top [Best Wishes being the best example of him returning to his rookie days], I think that's evident. Not to mention all the times that he's forgotten something that he previously experienced.

kickachu

Momentai!
I also want Ash to catch Marshtomp, but it kind of bugs me its appearing episode is only half-episode. So, it may become just recurring character and going to be capture later (like Gengar and Krookodile).
why most folks want marshatomp to go to ash all of a sudden?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I also want Ash to catch Marshtomp, but it kind of bugs me its appearing episode is only half-episode. So, it may become just recurring character and going to be capture later (like Gengar and Krookodile).
What would even be the point of making a Marshtomp a recurring character when the episode following will be Galar and will stay Galar for another 3 eps. JN041 looks set in Hoenn, at least on the second half or entirely in Hoenn. Since the scene with the bunch of Marshtomps and Ludicolo in the OP likely belongs to part 2 of JN041, it's either one of the Marshtomp will get caught or just nothing happening. It won't be a recurring character.

kickachu

Momentai!
Cause it's the only Hoenn starter that was shafted in the anime. Also, it was my first starter ever, so I have a soft spot for it :p
but what about character development it's not fun if not in base form and many starter Pokemon got shafted and besides it's more of a goh pokemon

ShadowForce720

but what about character development it's not fun if not in base form and many starter Pokemon got shafted and besides it's more of a goh pokemon

Just because it’s not a base form does not mean it can’t get character development. Also there really isn’t such a thing as a Ash or Goh Pokémon considering what’s considered a Ash or Goh Pokémon is completely subjective and opinion base.

Jeal

That's a pretty huge leap in logic. It's sad that Galarian Kamonegi is missing from some of the recent merchandise scans, but I wouldn't like a release scenario even if it did happen since to me it would make Satoshi capturing Kamonegi in the first place completely pointless. Not that I have an attachment to it, but it would still be frustrating to see the writers backtrack. It's the same way I felt when Eipam was traded to Hikari.
Aipom was always meant to be traded to Dawn. It was planned the moment it was captured.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jeal said:
Aipom was always meant to be traded to Dawn. It was planned the moment it was captured.

I find that somewhat hard to believe considering that we know that they typically plan episodes only about six months in advance, and the time between Satoshi's capture of Eipam [AG182] and the trade with Hikari [DP055] was over a year. I'd at least like to see a source for this supposed plan.

PsychoLogical

I find that somewhat hard to believe considering that we know that they typically plan episodes only about six months in advance, and the time between Satoshi's capture of Eipam [AG182] and the trade with Hikari [DP055] was over a year. I'd at least like to see a source for this supposed plan.
Planned or not, I really think the writers really regretted making Aipom an Ash capture and wanted to just get rid of it and the Sinnoh saga was basically perfect for doing that with the trade and then just given away to someone to play Ping Pong in Vermilion in hopes that people will forget she existed which pretty much succeeded.

Jeal

It has shown interest in contests in AG. And Zoey suggested it in DP012.

if he just went back to how things were right afterward.
Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket are like blank slates that always go back to the status quo of their character even after they had some "character development"
He was very immature back in OS. He have significant character development, becoming more mature each new series except BW.

Just rewatch OS and you will know how much he has matured.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
That's a pretty huge leap in logic. It's sad that Galarian Kamonegi is missing from some of the recent merchandise scans, but I wouldn't like a release scenario even if it did happen since to me it would make Satoshi capturing Kamonegi in the first place completely pointless. Not that I have an attachment to it, but it would still be frustrating to see the writers backtrack. It's the same way I felt when Eipam was traded to Hikari.

Me either, it'd be just like Poipole but worse. We've barely gotten to know Farfetch'd at all, he's only lost... and there really isn't an excuse for Ash to do releases. He lives somewhere that he can have a dozen captures roaming around and I'm not a fan of him having Pokemon scattered across the earth as it makes bringing them back post-saga more difficult. That is why I've always wanted everyone in one place since they just need Oak

why most folks want marshatomp to go to ash all of a sudden?

Swampert just has one off appearances, was the only Hoenn starter we didn't see a Mega for(Nor did the line even appear at all throughout XY :/ ) and overall had terrible treatment.

Goh getting it certainly isn't going to fix that problem, especially has he owns Sobble, the current gen water starter, and Kaijukarp. Ash doesn't have any water types on hand either, nor has he owned one since Greninja. Let's end that drought!

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
What would even be the point of making a Marshtomp a recurring character when the episode following will be Galar and will stay Galar for another 3 eps. JN041 looks set in Hoenn, at least on the second half or entirely in Hoenn. Since the scene with the bunch of Marshtomps and Ludicolo in the OP likely belongs to part 2 of JN041, it's either one of the Marshtomp will get caught or just nothing happening. It won't be a recurring character.
I’d assume it’s made to be important. Marshtomp it’s in the current opening and in the S&S arc poster, so we could at least be sure it’s getting captured. Probably by Go, but I’d be glad if Ash have a chance.

Red and Blue

Oh boy imagine Ash releasing his Sirfetched after twenty episodes like Goodra and Poipole. If Ash had gotten Sobble I doubt it would have been potentially on the chopping block

PsychoLogical

Oh boy imagine Ash releasing his Sirfetched after twenty episodes like Goodra and Poipole. If Ash had gotten Sobble I doubt it would have been potentially on the chopping block
Oh Sobble wouldn’t be on the chopping block, it’ll be on the shafting block instead if it went to Ash :>

Leonhart

Imagineer
Red and Blue said:
If Ash had gotten Sobble I doubt it would have been potentially on the chopping block

Probably not since it's a Starter and would therefore need as much screen-time as possible. Although then again Sarunori's gotten zero screen-time so far despite us being almost a year into this series, so who knows if the writers would've cared about reducing Messon's screen-time by releasing it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
ibelinssj said:
He was very immature back in OS. He have significant character development, becoming more mature each new series except BW.

Just rewatch OS and you will know how much he has matured.

He's changed in some ways, but not in others. He's less impatient these days and less likely to start arguments, although ironically I felt that his snarkiness in OS was one of his best traits.

Status
Not open for further replies.