• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

What do you guys expect in season 2 of journeys? I mean captures, character arcs, story arcs based on games and returning characters. Hwo do you guys think it will pan out?
IOA arc, more legendary Pokémon from diffferent regions being showcased, other marketable/popular Pokémon like possibly showcasing the Tyranitar line for example. More PWC battles with a third match against Bea. More old characters showing up.

BobbbidyBob

What do you guys expect in season 2 of journeys? I mean captures, character arcs, story arcs based on games and returning characters. Hwo do you guys think it will pan out?
Like season 1 but season 2 (battles, catches and progress, minor characters returning and never showing up again, fillers, Koharu maybe becoming a trainer as expected, Ash and Goh stating their dreams over and over again, Galar stuff, some cool backstory moments and storytelling (perhaps) some disappointments here and there...etc) plus another arc of some sort. Also team rocket and Leon and his fancy cape.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Master Pikachu 11 said:
More PWC battles with a third match against Bea. More old characters showing up.

I really hope that Saito isn't shown again for a long time. I was satisfied with her battle against Satoshi in the Shijima episode, so I'm not really interested in a rematch in the near future. I'd rather see Mustard debut and him being one of Satoshi's next World Championship opponents since he's essentially a male version of Saito, anyway.

Master Pikachu 11

I really hope that Saito isn't shown again for a long time. I was satisfied with her battle against Satoshi in the Shijima episode, so I'm not really interested in a rematch in the near future. I'd rather see Mustard debut and him being one of Satoshi's next World Championship opponents since he's essentially a male version of Saito, anyway.
I see Ash battling Mustard, but I don’t see Mustard participating in the PWC

esquilo09

It took 14 episodes for Go to catch a Pidgey and 31 episodes for him to catch a Mankey. I wonder how many episodes it will take for Go to catch a Diglett, a Grubbin and a Silicobra?

Note: I didn't add Fearow and Gyarados, because he might evolve his Spearow and giant Magikarp.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So Ash's team consists of

Kanto : 3
Sinnoh : 1
Galar : 1

What region would you guys like his next Pokémon to be from? I hope it's from Unova or Kalos. We've barely visited those places. If it's Unova, maybe he can get something from the Solosis or Cubchoo lines since they don't overlap with his current Unova Pokémon. If it's Kalos, maybe Ash can get a male Meowstic if they won't give him an Espeon.

esquilo09

What region would you guys like his next Pokémon to be from? I hope it's from Unova or Kalos. We've barely visited those places. If it's Unova, maybe he can get something from the Solosis or Cubchoo lines since they don't overlap with his current Unova Pokémon. If it's Kalos, maybe Ash can get a male Meowstic if they won't give him an Espeon.
How popular is Cubchoo?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Unova, just simply cause Unova needs redemption for how horsesh!t the Unova squad was.

Hyper Missingno

There's also Johto and Hoenn which Ash needs to catch.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
How popular is Cubchoo?

I don't know now but back then at least here in Serebii it felt like there was quite a few people that wanted Ash to get Cubchoo. Then that Cubchoo episode aired when Meowth was part of the group and broke our hearts.

Unova, just simply cause Unova needs redemption for how horsesh!t the Unova squad was.

The apples weren't the problem, it was the whole damn tree.

There's also Johto and Hoenn which Ash needs to catch.

Yeah, but we've been to Hoenn quite a few times now and some people have been upset by how Flygon and Marshtomp ended up.

As for Johto... meh. There's only two choices that would satisfy people Espeon and/or Tyranitar. I'm not ready for heartbreak as seen above.

Hyper Missingno

Yeah, but we've been to Hoenn quite a few times now and some people have been upset by how Flygon and Marshtomp ended up.

As for Johto... meh. There's only two choices that would satisfy people Espeon and/or Tyranitar. I'm not ready for heartbreak as seen above.

Well, there could be surprise catch for Ash besides those (and that's also applicable for other regions as well).

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The apples weren't the problem, it was the whole damn tree.
Point still stands, one solid capture from there and it’ll automatically redeem the Unova squad.

Sword master zacian

I would say galar since there are lot of galar pokemon to still debut in series and ash and goh both only has 4 galar pokemon species by far yet
Well i hope ash atleast gets 3-5 pokemon from galar

BobbbidyBob

I wish for Ash to get Latias

Does anyone know where this picture is from? I can't tell if it is an official image, connected to the planetarium, or a potential future episode.

Is there a reason that most people drop force palm instead of reversal when discussing Lucaio's possible move-set?
My reasoning personally is just aesthetically, Reversal has an orange aura while Force Palm at the moment is bluer if I'm not mistaken so I thought Reversal at least looks a little more different color wise. But I mean animation can always change/the color doesn't matter too much so Lucario can honestly keep either if it keeps just one of them.

Leonhart

Imagineer
WaterShuriken said:

I think we need to take popularity into account which is why I personally don't see the Kumasyun line as particularly likely. That aside, I don't have any specific regions or species that I'm looking forward to seeing on his team, although I hope that the writers won't be tempted to give him another Kanto species, at least not in the next few months. I'd feel less irked about that if they at least wait until late 2021 to give Kairyu and Gangar some more breathing room.

Master Pikachu 11

Probably either Galar, Unova or Kalos if he gets it from Unova then I would like for it to be either Chandelure or Zoroark and if it’s Kalos then I would like for it to be Aegislash, Tyrantrum. A bonus would be Avalugg if the other two can’t happen.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Probably either Galar, Unova or Kalos if he gets it from Unova then I would like for it to be either Chandelure or Zoroark and if it’s Kalos then I would like for it to be Aegislash, Tyrantrum. A bonus would be Avalugg if the other two can’t happen.

Chandelure was conspicuously absent form the Archaeologists lineup.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Master Pikachu 11 said:
A bonus would be Avalugg if the other two can’t happen.

I wanted Satoshi to get a Crebase in XY&Z since it seemed like it could've been a nice parallel to his old Onigohri [and I was desperate to see his Kalos team be filled], but I remember a lot of viewers saying that it would be too slow for Satoshi's team: Dodaitose in particular was cited as an example of a slow Pokemon that didn't work well within Satoshi's team in the past. I think it could work now though considering that Satoshi has many fast Pokemon, so him having a slower, defense-oriented team member doesn't sound so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.