• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

I would imagine Dracovish would have to be quite mobile to attack since it's signature move is a physical one.

Aside from that it could use Dragonbreath or Hydro Pump from a distance

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Let me just note: despite its appearance Dracovish is actually faster than you think. It can suit Ash just fine since it’s very clearly shown that most of Ash’s mons have one similar theme in common which is being very hard hitting and fast. And coincidentally, Dracovish has decent speed and is very hard hitting (well maybe too hard hitting lmao) so Ash-Dracovish fits just fine.

Ibrahim Saidu

Ash has caught slow pokemon before. Torkoal, torterra, and we have no idea about dracovishs battle style. It could be fast like ashs snorlax is so that cant be a reason for him not catching dracovish
The point is that the design of all the Galar fossils are hideous and they're nothing but abominations. It's either they get caught by Goh or they become POTD

Master Pikachu 11

So considering the fossil episodes seems to debut only Dracovish and Arctozolt as of now, who do you think catches who?
I personally fear that those two scientists would end up taking care of those two mons instead of anyone from the main cast catching them, hope that doesnt happen at all
Ash does seem very excited in the preview but that could honestly mean nothing
Personally I want Ash and Chloe to get Dracovish and Arctozolt but if i had to predict ill predict Ash and Goh getting those two mons
Also apparently the reason we arent getting episodes on 18 or 25 December is coz they are reairing Mewtwo Strikes back Evolution on 18 Dec and the Mewtwo journeys episode on 25 Dec (kinda dumb ngl)
Hopefully we get a trailer on new years hyping up ep 51-60
We don’t get an episode when a movie premieres at the theater, so they are replaying a previous episode that has already aired instead and so that people will go see the movie instead of staying home and watching a new episode.
There is no 'delay'
A special preview was never promised
Hope we get a new year's special but that's it
They aren't taking the break just because, they are still airing Pokémon
I hope that if we do get a special New Years trailer that it is better then what they showed last year, I would like for the trailer to be similar to the DD special trailer.

PsychoLogical

I hope that if we do get a special New Years trailer that it is better then what they showed last year, I would like for the trailer to be similar to the DD special trailer.
It's likely that we'll still get something around New Year's Eve or so just so people can have something to look forward to in Year 2.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ibrahim Saidu said:
The point is that the design of all the Galar fossils are hideous and they're nothing but abominations. It's either they get caught by Goh or they become POTD

From my viewpoint, the best case scenario would be for nobody to get it, but the merchandise seems to imply that a major character will be showcasing Uonoragon often, which pretty much leaves Satoshi as the big contender out of the characters in the upcoming episode.

Master Pikachu 11

He's unexcited because he knows something's gone horribly wrong during the process of bringing back the fossil abominations from the dead.
I’m sure that he will still catch at least one of them as that helps with his goal. Plus if he doesn’t catch one then that would mean that Goh will have gone 4 episodes in a row without catching a Pokémon which would be a new record since right now he has went three episodes without catching anything.
Well I mean, the scenario of Ash getting way more than 6 is actually realistic this time around.
Agreed, I think it would be a missed marketing opportunity if they didn’t have him catch more marketable Pokémon since he is now not stuck with only having to catch new Gen Pokémon this time. Plus with this world tour thing going on in the anime, he should get something from Johto, Hoenn, Unova and Kalos to fully showcase that he has a Pokémon world team.

PsychoLogical

Agreed, I think it would be a missed marketing opportunity if they didn’t have him catch more marketable Pokémon since he is now not stuck with only having to catch new Gen Pokémon this time. Plus with this world tour thing going on in the anime, he should get something from Johto, Hoenn, Unova and Kalos to fully showcase that he has a Pokémon world team.
It would be. Although if he were to have a world team, anime wise it'd be out of needing to be more unpredictable as he goes up.

And before any of you people scream "SCREENTIMEEEEE", I'd repeat something that I said a few days prior: They never once cared about screentime, not once. They care about marketing since that's the whole purpose of the pokemon anime. They have more to gain from having Ash own way more than 6 mons this time around than to lose, Ash is the anime's biggest marketing ploy since he brings familiarity and that's a huge advantage in any marketing of a series. And combined with the 25th anniversary, they'll certainly be raking in dough.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Master Pikachu 11 said:
Agreed, I think it would be a missed marketing opportunity if they didn’t have him catch more marketable Pokémon since he is now not stuck with only having to catch new Gen Pokémon this time.

I feel like this reasoning is somewhat unsteady given that the same excuse was used for Kairyu, Gangar, and particularly Galarian Kamonegi, yet they've been overshadowed by Lucario [and Pikachu to a smaller extent] despite them supposedly being marketable from the get-go. Sure the writers could add more marketable Pokemon to the team, but I don't think it'll make any real impact if said Pokemon are going to play second fiddle to Lucario and Pikachu, thereby wasting away their marketability.

In any case, it doesn't seem as if the writers are in a rush to have Satoshi get a ton of marketable Pokemon these days considering that he hasn't caught anything since July. Even if he does capture Uonoragon in a few weeks, it barely qualifies as popular from my viewpoint given that it only ranked at #25 out of all the Galar Pokemon in the popularity poll.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Exactly why Ash shouldn't get one, those things are the ugliest Pokemon ever to exist(after Sylveon) and should NOT be on the cast when there are much cooler Galar Pokemon like Dreepy, Flapple/Appletun, Ponyta/Rapidash, Rolycoly, Kubfu, Slowbro/Slowking, and even older dragons like Hydreigon.

People only like that abomination because they're competitive nerds. Nobody likes that thing for the design, it's hideous and raptors deserved a real Pokemon and not a crime against nature! -_-

We better not have to wait another 20-30 episodes for an Ash capture if he gets this, he better get something else soon

esquilo09

I already told you, the Galar fossils are "abominations" because they're based on the Crystal Palace Dinosaurs, a series of misassembled dinosaur sculptures displayed at the Crystal Palace Park. The placement of Dracovish's head on the tip of its tail may be a reference to the first reconstruction of Elasmosaurus. The Pokédex entries for all the Galar Fossil Pokémon mention them being the cause of their own extinction, which may be a reference to the outdated hypothesis that the dinosaurs were evolutionarily inert, which made them get bigger, more sluggish, and stupider to the point they could not sustain themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.