• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Hopefully they give Gary some Galarian Pokemon if he and Ash a restarting their rivalry. Toxricity or Galarian Slowbro would be sweet

esquilo09

Yes it was it showed up at the end with the other different characters and Pokémon and scenes from the previous episodes, it is the part where the opening showed Ash and Pikachu riding on Dracovish that Mythical Moonlight shared.

I guess that wouldn’t be a bad idea
I only saw a Swalot.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Joltik-Kid said:
At what, 50 episodes in, Ash has a full team... yeah, I think he's gonna be rotating his group again. Although with how little he's used anyone not named Pikachu and Lucario, my hopes for them learning from Best Wishes have been dashed

I personally didn't have high hopes that they would learn their lesson either, especially considering that they're stuck having to promote the most popular Pokemon whether they have Satoshi rotate his team or not. At least in this series he might leave his extra Pokemon at Sakuragi Park, so they might be seen more regularly than the Okido-hakase reserves. That's the best case scenario even if I don't like the odds.

MegaSalamence05

With Ash's addition of Dracovish. I wholeheartedly believe Ash will be catching 10 Pokemon this saga. 2 teams of 5 with Pikachu interchangeable between the two. The two teams below is just how things playing out. We have two pairs and the symmetry between the two done. As I'm just personally thinking they're setting up pairs of Pokemon on Ash's team for specific purposes.

The last 3 of Urshifu (Isle of Armor and it gives Ash his first much deserved Legendary) Zeraora (I haven't shut up on how much this Pokemon fits Ash) Zarude (This is the one I haven't put much thought in even if he debuts in the anime), is if Goh goes in Full Send It and starts catching Lower tier Legendary Pokemon left, right and center.

Pikachu
‐-----
Dragonite -- Dracovish (Dragon Types) (Completed)
Lucario -- Sirfetch'd (Fighting Types) (Completed)
Gengar -- Toxitricity (Mischievous Ghost and Poison Types) (Toxitricity would focus more on the Poison vs Electric Type)
Tyranitar -- Urshifu (SS) (Loner Dark Types)
Zeraora -- Zarude (These are two that I want with no backing other the new opening just two Pokemon that I want Ash to use)

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I still don't get how people keep saying riolu *screenhogged* when literally all the time it got was appropriate for it evolving to be justified, and heck some people rightly so still think he should have gotten more time training. Are all Pokémon in the past who got time to develop so they can evolve screenhogs? There's such a double standard here when it comes to the Lucario line simply coz you don't like the Mon and hate how popular it is. Of course the writers are gonna show popular mons a bit more but Lucario is in no way screenhogging time considering ash's other mons are being developed too, like now Farfetch'd is

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly only really semi hyped about 4 things right now tbh:

1. Ash maybe getting Rookidee, please give him Corviknight, I need something good after all the recent trash!!!
2. Ash possibly bringing back Corphish and Palpitoad, I know it's really slim but let me dream lol.
3. Chloe hopefully officially capturing Yamper soon.
4. Chloe getting Ponyta.

Other then that, not really looking forward to anything else.

Ibrahim Saidu

I have 3 questions
1 Which Pokemon would you want Ash to catch in Alola in this current saga
2 Is it possible for Ash to catch some Pseudo Legendary Pokemon in this saga. If yes which Pseudo Legendary Pokemon would you want Ash to have
3 Which old gen starter Pokemon should Ash get in this new series

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I have 3 questions
2 Is it possible for Ash to catch some Pseudo Legendary Pokemon in this saga. If yes which Pseudo Legendary Pokemon would you want Ash to have
1. bring back Rowlet and evolve it. That won’t happen tho
2. I mean sure it’s possible. He caught Dragonite didn’t he? I want him to get Tyranitar.
3. I don’t think he will get an old Gen starter, but if he does, I’d like it to be Empoleon.

Decidueye23

I have 3 questions
1. None actually. Maybe A-Sandlash but eh. I dont feel he needs alolan mons rt now.

2. Ofcourse he already got one. He could get dtagapult who knows. Or tyranitar

3. Serperior!

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
I have 3 questions
1 I really want him to catch Golisopod, but I don't think its gonna happen.
2 Ash can catch tyranitar, possibly the one that appeared in OS as a larvitar
3 I want him to catch zoroark, Blaziken, and evolve his unevolved pokémon.

J. D. Guy

I think it's really pushing the suspension of disbelief to assume that they planned a summer-themed Dande mini-arc almost a full year before said episodes would hypothetically air. It usually takes about six months for them to develop an episode, but that's assuming that all goes well and they don't have production problems, which might unfortunately be the case in the next few weeks/months.
This has nothing to do with suspension of disbelief. This is about how production on animated shows and the like works. And while we aren't specifically in-tune to the Pokemon Anime's production, based on animation prodution in general, it is more than possible, and in truth very likely, that production does indeed go far back enough. They'd have needed to plot that far ahead regardless, let alone fine-tune the details of the episodes and create them.

I wouldn't use such things as the shutdown to deny them having planned out foreshadowing. From the looks of things, nothing severe in Pokemon Journeys feels like it has been affected by it; there's nothing to indicate otherwise right now. It seems like things are going as it would have normally, with perhaps timetables getting pushed back due to the approximate month sans new episodes airing.

nickdt

I have 3 questions

1. Considering i always wanted him to get Mudsdale in Alola (Mudsdale could have been treated as a Snorlax like character, who can tank hits, but can also deal heavy damage).
2. Yes its a possibility, but at this point i doubt he gets any more Psuedo legendaries because here is the thing: Ash is still being treated as the underdog.
3. None of them, since Lucario is a thing. If Lucario wasn't a thing, i wanted Ash to get Empoleon. But every starter is gonna be overshadowed by Lucario, since with the new opening, its kinda obvious Lucario is the ace this series.

Ibrahim Saidu

I have 3 questions
1 I think he should get Golisopod, Mudsdale, Zeraora and Kommo-o
2 I think it's possible for to get some if not all of the Pseudo Legendary Pokemon like Dragapult, Kommo-o and Tyranitar
3 The old gen starter Pokemon that Ash should get are Blaziken and Empoleon

STICKTOPIA

Honestly only really semi hyped about 4 things right now tbh:

1. Ash maybe getting Rookidee, please give him Corviknight, I need something good after all the recent trash!!!
2. Ash possibly bringing back Corphish and Palpitoad, I know it's really slim but let me dream lol.
3. Chloe hopefully officially capturing Yamper soon.
4. Chloe getting Ponyta.

Other then that, not really looking forward to anything else.
maybe yamper will be jealous of how chloe keeps leaving with eevee and will want to tag along. Then if she catches ponyta it’ll be a deal-breaker. It could be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.