• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juaquin

The Chosen One
Gary Oak if has 3 v 3 maybe 2 v 2 in his return
Gmax Blastoise best person to show off its new form
Electivire
Centiskorch for some galar representation

esquilo09

Go on YouTube look at the opening click at the 1:20 mark and you will see it right behind Poliwag with its mouth open.
Now I saw Gulpin, I also saw a Poochyena in there, does this mean Go will catch it?

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I have 3 questions
1 Which Pokemon would you want Ash to catch in Alola in this current saga
2 Is it possible for Ash to catch some Pseudo Legendary Pokemon in this saga. If yes which Pseudo Legendary Pokemon would you want Ash to have
3 Which old gen starter Pokemon should Ash get in this new series

1. A new Alolan capture? Hmm, I don't particularly care about him obtaining any of the Alola Pokemon that he doesn't already own, to be honest. However, I wouldn't mind him bringing members of his Alola team back (alongside other reserves)..

2. Well he already has Dragonite, so he's already completed this task for the saga. However, if he was to have any others rotated into the team, I'd go for Metang/Metagross and then a Gible return, honestly.

3. Old gen starter? Easy, Combusken. I've wanted it for years and it's a shame that it hasn't happened as of yet. Maybe also Swampert? I was really up for him capturing that Marshtomp before, but alas it wasn't meant to be. I'd also like him to return some of his unevolved/mid-stage starters and evolve them.. but not Bayleef, let the queen reign as she is!

ShadowForce720

I have 3 questions
2 Is it possible for Ash to catch some Pseudo Legendary Pokemon in this saga. If yes which Pseudo Legendary Pokemon would you want Ash to have

1. Alolan Sandslash primarily.
2. Like others has said considering that Ash has a Dragonite already, yes it is possible that he could get another Psuedo Legendary, now out of them which one would I want Ash to get I would say Tyranitar, but I wouldn’t be opposed to Ash getting any of the other Pseudo Legendary Pokémon .
3. I would say Empoleon, Blaziken, Swampert, or maybe even Chesnaught.

Master Pikachu 11

I have 3 questions
1. Zeraora or Kommo-o
2. Tyranitar and Metagross
3. Empoleon

Red and Blue

I have 3 questions
1. Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Raichu would be nice
2. If he is getting a new Psuedo I want it to be the Larvitar he cared for evolved into a Tyranitar
3. Torchic would be nice since it's my favorite fire starter.

ShadowForce720

The Swampert ship has set sail. If they wanted Ash to have a Swampert, they would have given him the Marshtomp.

Not really considering the fact that we have seen cases before where Ash has encountered a Pokémon and didn’t catch it only to encounter and catch a different individual later on.

Master Pikachu 11

He already has. Sandy was in Episode 37.

Otherwise I don't think we're seeing anymore Eevees on the cast
I still think Goh may catch his own because of his goal, but it will quickly evolve into one of its Gen 1 forms just like he did with his own Pikachu.

1. Considering i always wanted him to get Mudsdale in Alola (Mudsdale could have been treated as a Snorlax like character, who can tank hits, but can also deal heavy damage).
2. Yes its a possibility, but at this point i doubt he gets any more Psuedo legendaries because here is the thing: Ash is still being treated as the underdog.
3. None of them, since Lucario is a thing. If Lucario wasn't a thing, i wanted Ash to get Empoleon. But every starter is gonna be overshadowed by Lucario, since with the new opening, its kinda obvious Lucario is the ace this series.
Yes he is treated as a underdog, but even if you give him other Pseudo legendaries, they will still treat them as underdogs because the trainers that he will go up against are strong enough to beat pseudo legendaries regardless. I think Ash should get Tyranitar so that he can have a rivalry going with Raihan and his Duraludon.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Who's getting Grookey? Ash or Goh? It seemed like the little green rascal was interacting more with Ash in the trailer but that doesn't preclude another Sobble scenario.

SlimKennedy

I have 3 questions
1.I honestly want to see him get his own Mimikyu. Have it start off with a timid nature, due to feelings of inadequacy. Then have Ash and Pikachu help it find the confidence to embrace it's own awesomeness.

2.As others have stated, he already caught one pseudo in the form of Dragonite. That being said, it's entirely possible that he could catch a second pseudo in this series. Anything is possible. If he were to catch a second, I'd want it to be his old friend Larvitar, all grown up.

3.I'm gonna go with Marshtomp/Swampert. With the exception of Greninja, water starters always seem to get the shaft in comparison to the grass, and especially fire type starters. And of all the water starters, I feel like the Mudkip line is most in need of some love.

Master Pikachu 11

1 I think he should get Golisopod, Mudsdale, Zeraora and Kommo-o
2 I think it's possible for to get some if not all of the Pseudo Legendary Pokemon like Dragapult, Kommo-o and Tyranitar
3 The old gen starter Pokemon that Ash should get are Blaziken and Empoleon
I wouldn’t mind if he caught Mudsdale either it’s probably the only ground type that I would love to see him work with.
1.I honestly want to see him get his own Mimikyu. Have it start off with a timid nature, due to feelings of inadequacy. Then have Ash and Pikachu help it find the confidence to embrace it's own awesomeness.

2.As others have stated, he already caught one pseudo in the form of Dragonite. That being said, it's entirely possible that he could catch a second pseudo in this series. Anything is possible. If he were to catch a second, I'd want it to be his old friend Larvitar, all grown up.

3.I'm gonna go with Marshtomp/Swampert. With the exception of Greninja, water starters always seem to get the shaft in comparison to the grass, and especially fire type starters. And of all the water starters, I feel like the Mudkip line is most in need of some love.
That actually wouldn’t be a bad scenario and would help differentiate it from Jessie’s. I think Mimikyu and Impidimp line are the only fairy types that I can see Ash work with.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Who's getting Grookey? Ash or Goh? It seemed like the little green rascal was interacting more with Ash in the trailer but that doesn't preclude another Sobble scenario.
Honestly, at this point I'm not fussed. I'd like it to go with Ash, but am fully expecting it to get captured by Goh and start living out of its ball once Sobble evolves.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
No way to tell. They’re making it very vague on who the monkey is going with.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I have 3 questions

1. (One of these) Shiny Toucannon, Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Raichu, Popplio

2. Tyranitar, I guess. It's not another Dragon-type or Metagross. Although, just evolving Gible all the way might be the better option.

3. Hmm from the ones he never caught which were, Torchic, Mudkip, Piplup, Chespin, Fennekin, and Popplio, I would go with Piplup or Popplio.

I was hoping Marshtomp would have gotten caught but that episode was a complete disappointment.

Leonhart

Imagineer
divinepokemonXZ said:

Either trainer could get it, and at this point I'm not really leaning towards any specific character since Sarunori joining the cast this late into the series irks me. I wish it had been around since late 2019 or early 2020, but the wait has spoiled the hype for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.