• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerGoldenhandtheJust said:
I honestly don't get the worries that Gary is gonna be regressed as his role as a researcher considering the anipoke PR account mentions he showed up in AG and DP too.

I think some viewers were worried that he would go back to battling more often while his research job would take a backseat by comparison, not necessarily that he'd drop that part completely. Assuming that Shigeru becomes a recurring character again and not just a one-time return, I suspect that the World Championship angle would become his main focal point in this series over his research work, in any case.

MartínK

1- Kommo-o, Alolan Sandslash
2- Tyranitar and evolved his Gible to Garchomp
3- Swampert, Blaziken and Empoleon

Other question: Dracovish moveset?

Red and Blue

Well it might know Water Gun since it shot a blast of water at Ash. It's other three moves could be

Crunch
Fisheous Rend
Dragonbreath

esquilo09

Dracovish's moveset:

Water Gun/Hydro Pump
Fishious Rend
Dragon Pulse/Dragon Breath
Stomp

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Dracovish's moveset might be:
-Water Gun/Hydro Pump
-Crunch
-Fishious Rend
-Dragon Rush

kickachu

Momentai!
I still think Goh may catch his own because of his goal, but it will quickly evolve into one of its Gen 1 forms just like he did with his own Pikachu.

Yes he is treated as a underdog, but even if you give him other Pseudo legendaries, they will still treat them as underdogs because the trainers that he will go up against are strong enough to beat pseudo legendaries regardless. I think Ash should get Tyranitar so that he can have a rivalry going with Raihan and his Duraludon.
I think ash should get eevee seeing goh got pikachu and it evolved into raichu. That way it can evolve into a gen 2 /4 heck even syvleon. Think about it got caught pikachu so ash get eevee Fair is fair

DuskAstral

My opening impressions:
- I hope that the trip with Leon will actually take place. This looks like an interesting thread
- I'm glad it didn't openly reveal who the monkey will go to (but I still hope it will go to Gou)
“Iris and Gary's return surprised me and made me happy. However, as for Iris, it disappointed me a bit that there is no princess design,
- I don't really like Korrina's comeback since she's already made a comeback in this series. I believe someone else should be in her place.

esquilo09

I finally saw Gulpin in the opening, I also saw a Poochyena in there, I hope Go catches one in a Hoenn episode, perhaps in the same episode where he catches Gulpin, he needs to catch more dark types since he only has Sandile.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i think Dracovish's moveset should depend on what it's ability is.

then again Dragon Rush is really the only dragon move that might fit it (given the fact it likes to run around like crazy makes this move more viable), and Fishious Rend should be a given as it's a sig move.

Still hope that if that was water gun it upgrades to a new move but as for it's other attacks i suppose it would depend on what it's ability is that i would pick moves for it.

for example, Psychic fangs and crunch if it had Strong Jaw, and Liquidation...and i dunno what else if it's got Water Absorb.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I have 3 questions
1 Which Pokemon would you want Ash to catch in Alola in this current saga
2 Is it possible for Ash to catch some Pseudo Legendary Pokemon in this saga. If yes which Pseudo Legendary Pokemon would you want Ash to have
3 Which old gen starter Pokemon should Ash get in this new series
1)I’d like Kommo-o or Araquanid.
2)His first capture was a pseudo so definitely possible but I’d only want Kommo-o or Garchomp since those are the best pseudos
3) I’d want Piplup to complete the best starter trio or Chespin for @Spider-Phoenix.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The dream isn't dead until we see the body damnit.
Never heard of the saying “leave no evidence”? :>
I have 3 questions
1 Which Pokemon would you want Ash to catch in Alola in this current saga
2 Is it possible for Ash to catch some Pseudo Legendary Pokemon in this saga. If yes which Pseudo Legendary Pokemon would you want Ash to have
3 Which old gen starter Pokemon should Ash get in this new series
1) Golisopod or Kommo-o.
2) Yes. Priority #1 is Dragapult.
3) Piplup to complete the Sinnoh trio with Infernape, Torterra, and Empoleon.
1)I’d like Kommo-o or Araquanid.
2)His first capture was a pseudo so definitely possible but I’d only want Kommo-o or Garchomp since those are the best pseudos
3) I’d want Piplup to complete the best starter trio or Chespin for @Spider-Phoenix.
To this day, I actually find it weird that Chespin is the only grass starter he never owned as of now. (may still be the only one if they actually have Grookey go to Ash)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
To this day, I actually find it weird that Chespin is the only grass starter he never owned as of now. (may still be the only one if they actually have Grookey go to Ash)

and that right there is why i don't want him to get it.

people complain about the fire starters he gets, getting to much attention, yet he's gotten every grass starter except Chespin, I think breaking off again would be good.

why does Water always have to get shafted in favor of Grass and Fire anyway when it comes to the starters?

Red and Blue

people complain about the fire starters he gets, getting to much attention, yet he's gotten every grass starter except Chespin, I think breaking off again would be good.

why does Water always have to get shafted in favor of Grass and Fire anyway when it comes to the starters?
Greninja wasn't really shafted though. It got a lot of wins throughout XY. Same with Squirtle during OS

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

I guess most water starters seemed to be very unappealing to the regular JPN base where the final form tends to be way unpopular which in turn have often likely been a factor of all the unevolved water starters with the exceptions of Greninja and Primarina which beat the expectations and have strong levels of popularity especially the former, only Squirtle and Piplup was the sole base form exception of not getting shafted despite getting shafted of evolution. Inteleon is there as well since it originally used to be the most popular Galar starter until Cinderace took over due to marketing and the anime. And then we head to Fire types, they're what I call one of the "cool" types which tend to have a very shounen feeling and portrayal, and how Fire types are portrayed as very powerful in the anime does technically or kinda validate this thought. Also tend to have way more appealing design with the exception of Emboar and Delphox. Grass is pretty much a mixed bag if you ask me.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Greninja wasn't really shafted though. It got a lot of wins throughout XY.

once it evolved into Greninja I would disagree with that completely. What exactly was the payoff for the whole "Ash-Greninja" saga? It got him a badge and that was it.

Same with Squirtle during OS

it's still sad that only 2 water starters (that Ash has owned, if they were owned by someone else they do not count) were able to do anything of value for him.

look i'm just personally tired of the fire and grass starters being shoved on Ash, If he had gotten Sobble i wouldn't really have cared, since perhaps unlike Greninja it could succeed and not get highjacked by a fanfic crutch based transformation that had no payoff in the long run, but Goh got it first.

so at this point i'd rather the wrtiers just break the "Give Ash a starter" pattern so he can get more interesting things in general since i'm tired of "locks" being a thing which is what the starters generally are.

Zoneman29

In the Future Ash should really catch in all 8 Regions

Kanto:
1.Fearow( same one who want to get back at Ash)
2.Drowzee
3.Kangaskhan( same one Pikachu knows as a Pichu)
4.Omanyte
5.Magnemite
6.Tangela

Johto:
1.Spinarak
2.Houndour
3.Girafarig
4.Murkrow
5.Elekid
6.Sneasel
7.Larvitar( same one Ash boud with)
8.Dunsparce

Hoenn:
1.Torchic
2.Munkip
3.Aron
4.Sableye
5.Spoink(same one Ash met few times)
6.Duskull
7.Meditite
8.Trapinch (Shiny)
9.Kecleon

Sinnoh:
1.Piplup
2.Burmy(male)
3.Shinx
4.Shello(West)
5.Skorupi
6.Bronzor
7.Cranidos
8.Budew

Unova:
1.Pawniard
2.Archen
3.Solosis
4.Trubbish
5.Jolkt
6.Bouffalant
7.Cubchoo
8.Maractus
9.Golett
10.Tynamo
11.Litwick
12.Deino
13.Larvesta
14.Zoura
15.Durart

Kalos:
1.Chespin
2.Fennekin
3.Greninja(returns)
4.Honedge
5.Clauncher
6.Espurr(female)
7.Skrelp
8.Bergmite
9.Trevenant
10.Klefki
11.Heliopiite

Alola:
1.Popplio
2.Sandshrew(Alola Form)
3.Oranguru
4.Grubbin
5.Geodude(Alola Form)
6.Jangmo-o
7.Drampa
8.Morelull
9.Toucannon
10.Wimpod
11.Crabrawler

Galar:
1.Grookey
2.Scorbunny(his own)
3.Sobble(his own)
4.Rookidee
5.Cufant
6.Blipbug
7.Meowth(Galarian Form)
8.Rolycoly
9.Toxel
10.Snom
11.Siliacobra
12.Sizzlipede
13.Clobbopus
14.Impidimp
15.Yamask(Galarian Form)
16.Kubfu
17.Duraludon
18.Darumaka(Galarian Form)
19.Dreepy
20.Slowpoke(Galarian Form)

Last edited:

Red and Blue

once it evolved into Greninja I would disagree with that completely. What exactly was the payoff for the whole "Ash-Greninja" saga? It got him a badge and that was it.

it's still sad that only 2 water starters (that Ash has owned, if they were owned by someone else they do not count) were able to do anything of value for him.

look i'm just personally tired of the fire and grass starters being shoved on Ash, If he had gotten Sobble i wouldn't really have cared, since perhaps unlike Greninja it could succeed and not get highjacked by a fanfic crutch based transformation that had no payoff in the long run, but Goh got it first.

so at this point i'd rather the wrtiers just break the "Give Ash a starter" pattern so he can get more interesting things in general since i'm tired of "locks" being a thing which is what the starters generally are.
Greninja got Ash into the Kalos League finals and helped defeat Team Flare and save the region. Not defeating Alain's Charizard doesn't take away from that

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Greninja got Ash into the Kalos League finals and helped defeat Team Flare and save the region. Not defeating Alain's Charizard doesn't take away from that

with the exception of Team Rocket (who like Ash leaving we'll never know when the writers will decide to take them out) we all know all other evil teams are doomed to fail in the anime, leagues are more important to a trainers growth anyway because most people don't even get involved with the evil teams, Ash only doing so because of his main character status and dragging his companions along for the ride by proxy.

You can spin it anyway you want but Greninja's form change not mattering when it really counted definitely undershoots the whole point of it (even more so given how fanfic based it was), look I get that gamefreak didn't have any gen 6 megas outside of diancie, but would it have really killed them to let Ash use one of his own? He definitely could've showcased Charizard Y better than Trevor could've, and if Sawyer had never appeared Sceptile could've worked as well (especially for ORAS promotion and him not having a grass type that gen), and it's not like I wanted Ash to abuse mega evolution either like he did with Z-moves the following region.

You know just as Pikachu should get a win against Gary since that's something that's never happened, perhaps Greninja should come back and take down Alain, maybe then it can prove that it's transformation was worth it.

either way i really don't want to discuss this further, Ash-Greninja imo was something that just should not have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.