• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I have some things to comment:

+ So, Goh now has a Boldore? Well, I believe he should have capture it several episodes back. I mean, do you remember the episode about training his Giant Magikarp? There was a Boldore coming aout fo nowhere. Now I believe that if that episode would have come AFTER the fossils' episode, it would have more sense.

+ You know?, now Ash and Goh both have a Boldore. If Goh wants his Boldore to evolve to Gigalith, Ash could bring his from Oak's. Then, they could both trade them to make them evolve into Gigalith; then trade back for each one to have his original Pokemon. How does that sound to you?

+ Iris' return is not actually a surprise for me. In fact, I have been suspecting it ever since Ash got a Dragonite. This is quite unlikely, but I have a suspiction about something from the past to happen again. You see, Ash's Dragonite is quite friendly, although it can fight when it's needed; while Iris' Dragonite seems to live for battle. Do you believe that, just like with Aipom and Buizel, Ash and Iris could trade their Dragonites? I'm like 50/50 about this.

+ Since Iris caught a Gible, if this Pokemon evolved to Gabite and Garchomp, maybe Ash will decide to bring his own Gible to train him and evolve it too. Don't you think?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Ash and gladion both had lycanrocks. Ash and ritchie both had pikachus. Ash had rowlett while hau had decidueye so i dont see why that would be a problem
Ash and Gladion had different Lycanroc forms, while Ritchie's Pikachu had a subtle appearance difference and a nickname. The reason why they avoid having two trainers have the same Pokemon at the same time is to avoid confusing the audience, especially the kids.

Red and Blue

I'm kind of meh towards Dragapult but I doubt Leon owning one would stop Ash from getting Dreepy. He could still get a shiny one to separate the two

DuskAstral

+ Since Iris caught a Gible, if this Pokemon evolved to Gabite and Garchomp, maybe Ash will decide to bring his own Gible to train him and evolve it too. Don't you think?
Not necessarily. I remember, for example, that May's Venusaur didn't make Satoshi want to evolve his bulbasaur (apart from the fact that Satoshi's bulbasaur didn't want to evolve himself).

PAndrews

Ash and Gladion had different Lycanroc forms, while Ritchie's Pikachu had a subtle appearance difference and a nickname. The reason why they avoid having two trainers have the same Pokemon at the same time is to avoid confusing the audience, especially the kids.

An issue easily fixed by having one of the two use a shiny variant (like when Ash's Swellow and Hawlucha battled against their duplicates)

ShadowForce720

I have some things to comment:

+ So, Goh now has a Boldore? Well, I believe he should have capture it several episodes back. I mean, do you remember the episode about training his Giant Magikarp? There was a Boldore coming aout fo nowhere. Now I believe that if that episode would have come AFTER the fossils' episode, it would have more sense.

+ You know?, now Ash and Goh both have a Boldore. If Goh wants his Boldore to evolve to Gigalith, Ash could bring his from Oak's. Then, they could both trade them to make them evolve into Gigalith; then trade back for each one to have his original Pokemon. How does that sound to you?

+ Iris' return is not actually a surprise for me. In fact, I have been suspecting it ever since Ash got a Dragonite. This is quite unlikely, but I have a suspiction about something from the past to happen again. You see, Ash's Dragonite is quite friendly, although it can fight when it's needed; while Iris' Dragonite seems to live for battle. Do you believe that, just like with Aipom and Buizel, Ash and Iris could trade their Dragonites? I'm like 50/50 about this.

No, because it’s not really even remotely similar to the Aipom and Buizel trade situation.

The reason why the Aipom and Buizel worked was because Aipom had a strong interest in Contest and Buizel had a strong interest in battles so them being traded benefited them both.

Where there is no such benefit to Ash and Iris trading their Dragonite. Both Ash’s and Iris’s goals involve more battling and Iris tends to battle a lot. So no, it doesn’t make any sense for her to trade her Dragonite to Ash especially when she had to work to earn it’s trust as it went through a disobedient phase.

Look at this point in time there is no reason to think that Ash would suddenly trade his Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario, Galarian Farfetch’d, and/or even his Dracovish away to anyone.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:

I don't think that's very likely regardless of whether Iris evolved her Fukamaru or not. If any of their Pokemon will interact or have an effect on each other somehow, it will probably be their Kairyu from my viewpoint.

Samurott

Ok, I think I got it figured out. Gulpin, Plusle and Minun are Goh Pokemon for sure. You see how Kubfu, Milcery and Hatenna are all placed after Chloe's Eevee? Kubfu and Milcery both have multiple ways to evolve just like Eevee and they could both have trouble figuring out what exactly they want to evolve into. Then you have Hatenna, who's final evolution is Hatterene.

Notice Hatterene's white part on the bottom half of its body (specifically the top part)? It looks like an upside down heart doesn't it? Another way you could look at it is that it looks like a spade, meaning that Chloe's Pokemon could also have features that will show symbols of playing cards other than a heart.

As for Eevee, this is way out there, but why not speculate? You know how USUM introduced brand new Pokemon in the middle of a new generation for the first time? What if they do the same thing with the rumored DP remakes? Especially since those games introduced many new evolutions for old Pokemon. My prediction is that a pure Flying type Eeveelution will be introduced. You notice how in the newest episode, Eevee was easily impressed with clouds while it was looking outside the plane window? It's like Lana's Eevee liking the ocean and how we all can pretty much figure out that it'll become a Vaporeon one day. If I also had to take another wild guess, the evolution method needed to evolve Eevee into a Flying type will be winning a battle while using Copycat for a Flying type move.

Also, since we're predicting Ash's captures for old Pokemon again:
Johto: Tyranitar/Espeon
Hoenn: Absol
Unova: Chandelure
Kalos: Gogoat
Alola: Alolan Sandslash

KKS-Lapras

Also since we're predicting Ash's captures for old Pokemon again:
Johto: Tyranitar/Espeon
Hoenn: Absol
Unova: Chandelure
Kalos: Gogoat
Alola: Alolan Sandslash

I'm just using your post as an example, but I see this a lot. Why do so many people bring up Espeon as a Pokemon for Ash? Is it because of Gary and Umbreon?

I personally hope, if Ash ever does finally catch Eevee, that it will be used to promote a new Eeveelution, not one the old Eeveelution's whose time has so to speak passed.

Red and Blue

I'm just using your post as an example, but I see this a lot. Why do so many people bring up Espeon as a Pokemon for Ash? Is it because of Gary and Umbreon?

I personally hope, if Ash ever does finally catch Eevee, that it will be used to promote a new Eeveelution, not one the old Eeveelution's whose time has so to speak passed.
The Gary parallel and Espeon might be a couple of fan's favorite Eeveelution. And since he is allowed to catch older Pokemon this time it was on the table

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

The Gary parallel and Espeon might be a couple of fan's favorite Eeveelution. And since he is allowed to catch older Pokemon this time it was on the table

It still technically is as Eevee has a branched evolution, so Ash could still get an Eeveelution as even if Chloe’s Eevee were to evolve it can it’s not like it can evolve into all of them all at once or switch between the different Eeveelutions.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!

- Red variants tend to use Eifie (Special, Games, etc.) Representing the Eevee they get in Kanto.

- Eifie has theming around the Sun. Satoshi is represented by the sun (Ho-Oh, Solgaleo, etc.) from time-to-time.

- His rivals have some night/moon-theming to an extent (even Shigeru&Gladion have female and male Blacky, Eifie’s counterpart)

- Evolves through Friendship, Satoshi’s main thing and during day training.

SlimKennedy

[/QUOTE]

Definitely don't just take my word for it because I'm not entirely sure this is accurate, but I think at one point Ash actually mentioned that Espeon was his favorite Eeveelution. Though it may have been in the english dub only. Also, I couldn't even tell you which region this was stated in, let alone which episode, so I could just be remembering something that didn't actually happen.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm kinda hoping that Ash and Iris are how we get to see the Applin evolutions, it'd be a cool focus episode for them and it'd be nice to see an old character capturing a new Pokemon without it being offscreen! *glares at Comfey*
Plus Ash could really use more Grass types that aren't starters...

I'm kind of meh towards Dragapult but I doubt Leon owning one would stop Ash from getting Dreepy. He could still get a shiny one to separate the two

I don't see how it'd stop Ash at all. They still need to showcase Dreepy and Drakloak, and it's quite clear that Ash won't be stopping at 5 captures. Hopefully they pick up the pace on his captures though as soon enough there won't be much for them to do due to time and any evolutions will be stupidly rushed through the door, like now is an acceptable time for Dreepy but a few months from now? I'd like to get time to enjoy Dreepy as Dreepy.
And I don't really like Ash capturing new Pokemon within the final year, it's fine for actual new Pokemon which didn't exist prior to that point like Melmetal but Glalie and Gible didn't get a whole lot of time nor did Phanpy originally before BF fixed that

Not like Ash'd be using his Dragapult against Leon's anyways, assuming he's using reserves at that point(which I still believe he will) then Pikachu and Lucario are likely the only members of the current team to fight him

Samurott

For me personally, it's for a few reasons:
- Espeon and Umbreon appeared on the first poster next to each other, and since Ash and Goh are co-protagonists they can each get one of them. This was before Gary was revealed to be returning.
- It makes a reference to Red's team in GSC.
- It also makes for a good first Psychic for Ash that's not only a pure Psychic, but also 100% his alone.
- Like Dragonite, Gengar, and Lucario, it covers a type that Ash missed out on for those Pokemon's respective regions that Ash traveled to.
- I wasn't going to mention this, but since someone already did so, I was gonna say I heard the rumor that Ash said his favorite Eevee evolution was Espeon. It was either in a SM episode or a promotional something where that was said.

For your last point, I'd like it if Ash caught it as an Espeon, but then later down the road he should definitely catch an Eevee so he can evolve it into something new, like a Dragon type.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
imo if Ash is going to get an eeveelution i'd rather it be Glaceon or Sylveon at this point and no i don't care that they were owned by May and Serena.

heck the former wasn't even used that much at all.

as far as psychic's go, i'd rather Ash just catch Ralts and have it stay the Gardevoir route since unlike Mr.Mime (who will be debated forever) it covers both elements as well.

Ok, I think I got it figured out. Gulpin, Plusle and Minun are Goh Pokemon for sure. You see how Kubfu, Milcery and Hatenna are all placed after Chloe's Eevee?

really hope your not implicating Kubfu should go to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.