• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

No, because it’s not really even remotely similar to the Aipom and Buizel trade situation.

The reason why the Aipom and Buizel worked was because Aipom had a strong interest in Contest and Buizel had a strong interest in battles so them being traded benefited them both.

Where there is no such benefit to Ash and Iris trading their Dragonite. Both Ash’s and Iris’s goals involve more battling and Iris tends to battle a lot. So no, it doesn’t make any sense for her to trade her Dragonite to Ash especially when she had to work to earn it’s trust as it went through a disobedient phase.

Look at this point in time there is no reason to think that Ash would suddenly trade his Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario, Galarian Farfetch’d, and/or even his Dracovish away to anyone.
Agreed Ash doesn’t trade Pokémon and Goh will only make a trade if he gets another of the same kind of Pokémon that he already has like Pinsir. So he won’t really trade any of his Pokémon either. Plus Ash helped his Dragonite learn how to fly so he for sure wouldn’t trade it for Iris’s Dragonite, and it is far nicer then Iris’s Dragonite.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Technically yes, although it would depend on if the writers and people in charge of the anime want to go the route of having Ash get a Pokémon from a line that was on the main cast during the last series.

After getting Dragonite, I believe there's nothing stopping Ash from getting at least one Pokemon from each of his past journey's travelers. However, considering how Mimikyu tends to act against Pikachu, I wouldn't count it as one for Ash's Pokemon. However, if the Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash ends up for Chloe, then a possibility I consider is Ash getting a Galarian Weezing. It would give Ash an official Fairy Type, and it wouldn't be the first time he uses a Weezing. In fact, back when he had that test using Team Rocket's Pokemon, Weezing was the only Pokemon that allowed him to win a round.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
After getting Dragonite, I believe there's nothing stopping Ash from getting at least one Pokemon from each of his past journey's travelers. However, considering how Mimikyu tends to act against Pikachu, I wouldn't count it as one for Ash's Pokemon. However, if the Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash ends up for Chloe, then a possibility I consider is Ash getting a Galarian Weezing. It would give Ash an official Fairy Type, and it wouldn't be the first time he uses a Weezing. In fact, back when he had that test using Team Rocket's Pokemon, Weezing was the only Pokemon that allowed him to win a round.
That’d be cool. I’d prefer he get Impidimp though

ShadowForce720

That’s not all Mimikyu though, just because Jessie’s Mimikyu had such a huge hatred for Pikachu doesn’t mean that all Mimikyu are like that, heck Acerola’a Mimikyu was pretty friendly.

Also, no just because Acerola’s Mimikyu is an actual Ghost doesn’t mean it doesn’t count as if all Mimikyu behaved like Jessie’s then Acerola’s Mimikyu would have acted similar but it didn’t.

So they can easily have Ash catch a Mimikyu that doesn’t have the personality of Jessie’s Mimikyu.

Samurott

really hope your not implicating Kubfu should go to her.

tom_cat_shrugging.png

Anyone but Ash! Getting Meltan/Melmetal doesn't mean he should get Kubfu/Urshifu.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:
However, considering how Mimikyu tends to act against Pikachu, I wouldn't count it as one for Ash's Pokemon.

To me it would just feel incredibly mundane and tiresome at this point anyway considering that we already had Musashi's Mimikkyu in SM, and I'd rather see a much more original Fairy-type on his team.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Surely I'm not the only one who noticed, but the car that Ash, Goh, Chloe and Leon uses in the new opening is clearly based on a Charizard's head. I'm going to suppose that, while I believe they will keep going to different regions during this season, there's going to be a "main arc" about traveling through Galar with Leon (I don't know why) in his "Chari-Car". Maybe is about an investigation, but is Ash travels through Galar in car instead of walking, we could have Ash battling ALL the Galar Gym Leaders continuously.

Sounds too good to be true, but why they will give Ash's team a car if not to "accelerate" things.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Apparently, Shigeru/Gary's voice actor may not be reprising his role in this series.
Gary's VA apparently seemed to be unaware of Gary's return to Anipoke

If true, then this is huge.

If this precedent is set, than suddenly all VA related character restrictions may no longer exist. Perhaps we can see characters like May return, whose VA has a 0% chance of returning.

https://pokemon-matome.net/articles/235230.html

This is also bittersweet of course, as I liked Gary's OG voice and I don't think Voice Actors should be replaced without good reason.
Potentially Replacing May's VA is an understandable case but there's no reason why Yūko Kobayashi needed to be replaced as she seems to be fine.

That is assuming this is true after all

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Gou needs a “Totodile Duel!” episode, OS killed it with that one. Having two trainers fight over a capture was incredible and Kasumi’s manner of handicapping Pikachu a second time was great. Oh I missed the days of Pikachu’s more eccentric personality, not wanting to fight Kasumi out of friendship or hurt Togepi who never being useful in any matches versus her.

Would give a good chance for Gou to show what he’s worth battle wise and he benefits by getting a capture. Still waiting for Kyodaimax Aceburn’s debut too and Rabbifoot did better than Pikachu in its first Daimax battle and against a trainer. Aceburn’s transformation isn’t over its body but features so that’s gonna be way more dynamic for sure.

DuskAstral

I'm going to suppose that, while I believe they will keep going to different regions during this season, there's going to be a "main arc" about traveling through Galar with Leon (I don't know why) in his "Chari-Car".
It seems to me the journey with Leon will not be the main arc. Given the presence of Dynamax Pokémon on this tour, the anime wants to "incorporate" Dynamax Adventures, which only takes place in Crown Tundra.

Last edited:

Decidueye23

In the SwSh post game you actually go to each gym to defeat a dynamaxing pokemon. I hope this is a spin on that. I really hope we get to see the galar GLs soon

nickdt

That’s not all Mimikyu though, just because Jessie’s Mimikyu had such a huge hatred for Pikachu doesn’t mean that all Mimikyu are like that, heck Acerola’a Mimikyu was pretty friendly.

Also, no just because Acerola’s Mimikyu is an actual Ghost doesn’t mean it doesn’t count as if all Mimikyu behaved like Jessie’s then Acerola’s Mimikyu would have acted similar but it didn’t.

So they can easily have Ash catch a Mimikyu that doesn’t have the personality of Jessie’s Mimikyu.

Acerola's Mimikyu was dead and a literal ghost.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Apparently, Shigeru/Gary's voice actor may not be reprising his role in this series.
Gary's VA apparently seemed to be unaware of Gary's return to Anipoke

If true, then this is huge.

If this precedent is set, than suddenly all VA related character restrictions may no longer exist. Perhaps we can see characters like May return, whose VA has a 0% chance of returning.

https://pokemon-matome.net/articles/235230.html

This is also bittersweet of course, as I liked Gary's OG voice and I don't think Voice Actors should be replaced without good reason.
Potentially Replacing May's VA is an understandable case but there's no reason why Yūko Kobayashi needed to be replaced as he seems to be fine.

That is assuming this is true after all

Really odd if true. I mean, I could understand changing Chuck's but why Gary? He's had much more apperances and his VA is most likely willing to reprise.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If they have to make any changes to Wikstrom's team, I'm hoping they give him an Escavilier. It's not as strong as Mega Scizor, but it fits his knight motif better & it could serve as a rival to Ash's Farfetch'd due to it's connection to Sirfetch'd in Galarian lore

BobbbidyBob

Gotta be honest, I wasn’t expecting Iris to return sooner than Serena or Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.