• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

I wasn't saying Toxtricity is unpopular, I was referring to the 'curse'. Neither Flapple or Appletun strike me as the same popular powerhouse as the rest of Ash's team. So while I could see Ash rotating his team, and they may use the boys to show off both forms, I don't think it's very likely.

The so called “curse” doesn’t really mean anything, it’s just another pattern that some people claim can’t be broken when at the end of the day it’s just as vulnerable to be broken as the other “patterns”.

Actually Appletun has a similar amount of popularity to Dracovish.

Decidueye23

I wasn't saying Toxtricity is unpopular, I was referring to the 'curse'. Neither Flapple or Appletun strike me as the same popular powerhouse as the rest of Ash's team. So while I could see Ash rotating his team, and they may use the boys to show off both forms, I don't think it's very likely.
Honestly every series some or the other curse is broken
XY - ashs water starters dont evolve curse
SM - Ash never gets a mythical curse
JN - Ashs pokemon wont have dark type moves because they are "evil"
So curse is just metaphoric until it breaks.

It would be nice if leon had the other urshifu, but eh. The game just added that leon didnt have urshifu as he got lost was probably because urshifu want part of his team during the league. Here we havent seen leons team anyway so it doesnt matter
I am not too particularly keen on ash getting urshifu. I would rather ash and goh get alternate forms of toxtricity.

Master Pikachu 11

Curses/patterns come to an end eventually just look at Ash getting a ghost type in this series when many thought that he would never get a ghost type, so I think Toxtricity has a chance of happening and ending the supposed curse that currently exists with the fandom.

Red and Blue

Speaking of Appletun and Flapple am I the only one who thinks they should bigger then they actually are?

D

Deleted member 384931

I dont understand why after almost ignorging them after 10 years, they suddenly want those companions back. Not that I mind, but arent they relying TOO much on nostalgia at this point in this series?

KKS-Lapras

i dunno either, then again Dracovish is supposed to be taller than dragonite by a couple of inches but it sure don't look it.

It's always kind of hunched over because, you know, its head wasn't biologically supposed to be on its body.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I dont understand why after almost ignorging them after 10 years, they suddenly want those companions back. Not that I mind, but arent they relying TOO much on nostalgia at this point in this series?

Or what? Have ash take on another gym run strictly in galar?

Given the world journey format they went for, not having returning companions and characters would be much worse. Doing it like this also feels more natural and less solely nostalgia bait as previous series imo.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Honestly I agree. People are taking your “it’s not very likely” as “I don’t think it can happen”. It’s not like you’re writing off the possibility.

Decidueye23

ı like dracovish. it is not bad. But Farfetch'd his worst pokemon. İt is weakest pokemon h has all time. he must change something else.
KAMOOOON!

No but seriously how can you say it is his weakest pokemon. Granted it lost one battle, but there seems to be a good amount of development coming around for the duck so just wait for it to power up

Lionel_B

As Iris reappears, I hope that his Gible will have, in the worst case, evolve into Gabite, in the best case, evolve into Garchomp with the ability to mega-evolve. I also hope she gets a Tyrantrum ... Why Tyrantrum? I actually wanted Iris to have a Dracovish, but since Ash already has one, so it falls on Tyrantrum.

Ibrahim Saidu

I hope Ash gets an Applin that evolves into either of the two forms and Amped Form Toxtricity. Ash having Dracovish wouldn't stop him from getting a few more Fossil Pokemon like Tyrantrum, Bastiodon or Rampardos

Pikachu111213

Traveler
KAMOOOON!

No but seriously how can you say it is his weakest pokemon. Granted it lost one battle, but there seems to be a good amount of development coming around for the duck so just wait for it to power up
Not just one battle....first, a baby Riolu kills it. Then, we are Riolu kill it again in the Pikachu jealousy episode. And then it loses to Hawlucha. Sure, only Hawlucha is an official battle. But the fact remains that nearly every time the duck has appeared, it has swirly eyes. But hey, hopefully the changes starting now. I’m all for second chances

Status
Not open for further replies.