• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoaquinLorie

Ash and Go are probably both getting Applin.

They would each evolve it into one of the different forms.

Which one do you want for Ash? Flapple or Appletun?
Maybe Ash needs a special attacker like Appletun? Though it doesnt look like it would move too fast...Flapple would be more of Ashs style.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It's a Pokémon that literally feeds off negative emotions and the only times Ash has negative emotions is after a bad defeat in a battle which are few and far between.

This is why I asked to use Gengar in your reply.

Because this is Gengar: "It is said to emerge from darkness to steal the lives of those who become lost"

If Ash can catch THAT - a pokemon that's mentioned to literally kill. Then there's no problem blocking him from catching an Impidimp.. that merely eats negative emotions.

Red and Blue

Maybe Ash needs a special attacker like Appletun? Though it doesnt look like it would move too fast...Flapple would be more of Ashs style.
I'd pick Appletun for Ash and Flapple for Go. He can work with slow bulky Pokemon as shown with Melmetal and Snorlax

Katiegross

Kinda don’t think that this will happen but if I had to choose I would give Ash Appletun just cause its cuter. The other one is fugly.

SlimKennedy

Personally, I'd pick Flapple for Ash. But given that he already has two dragons, I'd rather he didn't get a third. That's just my own preference though.

Mew29240

I find it more likely Goh gets two Applin because he finds out it's got two different evolutions instead of him and Ash each getting one.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Personally, I'd pick Flapple for Ash. But given that he already has two dragons, I'd rather he didn't get a third. That's just my own preference though.
I only want a third Dragon if it’s a Dreepy :p

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
Should Ash and Goh receive a Kubfu each, do you think they will immediately evolve in a potential IoA arc itself? I mean, just to immediately portray the "difference" (easier to show with 2 Urshifu w/ different formes despite aesthetically the same than 2 Kubfu)...

Frankly I'd rather see them skip the entire Isle of Armor subplot, which they've done a good job of ignoring until now, in any case. Dakuma and Wulaosu could debut under different circumstances without the anime having to follow the games exactly. Mustard could still appear, just as a World Championship opponent.

Zariful

So most of us are in the boat that Dracovish is not the last capture for Ash. But do we think he'll get a pokemon from every region?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
So most of us are in the boat that Dracovish is not the last capture for Ash. But do we think he'll get a pokemon from every region?
Tbh, I think not. May get something from at least half of the regions minimum since I assume there will be a few more old gen captures later on.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Given that Sinnoh remakes seem to be confirmed, Ash's Sinnoh pokemon and Lucario may receive some special attention around the release.

Outside of that, do people think that we will have COTD's/ rivals to promote Sinnoh, or will Goh and Koharu also catch Gen 4 pokemon to promote the remakes alongside Ash? If so which pokemon can you see each of them getting?

I would like to see Goh's Misdreavus eventually evolve, and maybe he catches the Gastrodon from the OP.

It's tricky for Koharu because of how few gen 4 lines there are, but maybe Budew-Roserade, or Weavile. They aren't 'girly' but are still elegant.

esquilo09

Given that Sinnoh remakes seem to be confirmed, Ash's Sinnoh pokemon and Lucario may receive some special attention around the release.

Outside of that, do people think that we will have COTD's/ rivals to promote Sinnoh, or will Goh and Koharu also catch Gen 4 pokemon to promote the remakes alongside Ash? If so which pokemon can you see each of them getting?

I would like to see Goh's Misdreavus eventually evolve, and maybe he catches the Gastrodon from the OP.

It's tricky for Koharu because of how few gen 4 lines there are, but maybe Budew-Roserade, or Weavile. They aren't 'girly' but are still elegant.
Please no! Weavile for Koharu is a big no-no!

Mew29240

They can easily give Goh one of the Sinnoh starters as part of promoting the remakes (if it's a thing) or just let him go on a catching spree in Sinnoh since he hasn't gotten a chance to do it yet.

Budew -> Roserade would be a solid pick for Koharu, though some people may not like it as much if it means she gets another cute/girly/feminine Pokemon.

They might give Rengi a role in a Sinnoh episode involving his Magnemite evolving into a Magneton and up to a Magnezone or something.

esquilo09

I’m not really seeing what problem is with the idea of Chloe getting a Weavile. I’m not saying that I think she will get one and currently so far there hasn’t been anything to suggest that she will but I don’t see the problem if she did get one.
If she catches a Weavile, she will permanently lock it inside the Pokéball due that she doesn't battle much.

Red and Blue

Nope. Not anymore. If he was getting any Pokemon from the other five regions it feels like it should have happened between Farfetch'd and Dracovish.

I think he will get 1-2 more Pokemon from Galar before calling it quits

Status
Not open for further replies.