• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Having all the battles be just at the end of the series is dumb.

I wasn’t expecting them to showcase every battle and definitely knew big rank skips after battles were coming, but having most of offscreen is super lame. It takes away any sense of progression since the rankings are made even more meaningless, and make the characters feel even more aimless than they already are.

It’s like ash suddenly mentioning he has 6 badges he won off screen and he now only need to train for the remaining 2. Seriously, they should’ve just brought back the one minute battles just to keep the PWC plotline relevant.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Saving that for Sirfetch'd at this point it seems

meteor assault, makes sense considering only Sirfetch'd can use that move

i think the big question now is, what move will be replaced for it.

i'm kind of thinking Brutal Swing since once it evolves it probably won't be swinging it's leak around for no reason like it does right now only caring about battles, once it evolves and changes it's creed to fight as a protector, it won't need to do that anymore.

I could be wrong though.

Morax

King of heroes
Well they can't get rid of him either. He'll just be here for eternity.
The problem with the PWC or anything that involves the entire universe is that it's too ambitious and grand to be fully realised in the span of a hundred and fifty episodes. On top of that, ash has to share screentime with the new eye-candy (who need their own development ) while promoting the new games. They shouldn't have gone with a 'world tournament' if they weren't willing to change the status quo

MegaSalamence05

I don't mind off screen battles. Here's the thing, if the battles only last 1-2 minutes what's the point of keeping it in the episode. Now granted the Pokemon World Championships does need more focus. (Like with Wikstrom coming up) but if it's just characters of the day that don't provide much to the plot what's the point. Ash starts in the last tier so progression is going to happen but you believe that they'll put in 10000+ battles in a week to week television program. That's simply unrealistic.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
In a short while, people will just forget their criticism (half of it just being really petty) about the offscreen victories Ash got and criticize or enjoy something else that happens later on. Minor battles serve literally no damn purpose except for being absolute wastes of time. If you’re going to have battles, have them last at least half the episode. Not have them last 1-2 mins being mainly done by Pikachu. They’re better off getting offscreened than getting moronically dumped randomly in an ep for 1-2 mins.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Dragonsoldier77 said:
Having all the battles be just at the end of the series is dumb.

I wasn’t expecting them to showcase every battle and definitely knew big rank skips after battles were coming, but having most of offscreen is super lame. It takes away any sense of progression since the rankings are made even more meaningless, and make the characters feel even more aimless than they already are.

It’s like ash suddenly mentioning he has 6 badges he won off screen and he now only need to train for the remaining 2. Seriously, they should’ve just brought back the one minute battles just to keep the PWC plotline relevant.

The thing is that hardly any of this surprises me given that I never had big expectations for the World Championship subplot to begin with: other than Satoshi versus Dande, I'm not even particularly excited for any of the upcoming battles that Satoshi will inevitably go through. Granted, I did think that they'd be a little more consistent with showing battles against COTDs on-screen, but that's been happening less often as time goes by.

desdar300

I think that the main criticism draws from the fact that Ash besides from Catching some Pokemon here or there doesn't really get a lot of screen time dedicated to his goal and when it does happen it's typically with Pikachu doing it.
Go on the other hand pretty much captures Pokemon left and right and we also have Chloe who's going to be getting an influx of development.
Things feel really uneven so much so that the guy has barely used Dynamax since that whole Gmax Drewdnaw debacle which no matter how you feel about that feature really says something.

Master Pikachu 11

I believe Go will get Grookey, but if Ash gets it, it will be a pleasant surprise for me.
I'm interested in seeing Koharu interact with Gengar, I mean, it first appeared in her first focus episode.
Almost everybody is expecting Goh to catch it. Yeah I am looking forward to seeing the Eevee/Gengar interaction if this is the episode that it happens, and I was very happy to see Gengar appear in today’s episode and doing some training.
Man they really had Ash blast his way through ranks 900 to top 400 just like that lmao.
Yeah, I know some may have wanted to see Pokémon like Gengar battle more as well as Farfetch’d but Farfetch’d put in a great battle into today’s episode and it was probably the best one v one battle of the series. So like you I didn’t mind the jump in the rankings that much.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Yeah, I know some may have wanted to see Pokémon like Gengar battle more as well as Farfetch’d but Farfetch’d put in a great battle into today’s episode and it was probably the best one v one battle of the series. So like you I didn’t mind the jump in the rankings that much.
1-2 min battles should never be shown anyways. Either offscreen them or make them last at least half the ep. No middle ground.

Red and Blue

So what move is Farfetch'd going to forget to learn Meteor Assault? I think it could do without Focus energy one it evolves(since that just raises the critical hit ratio)

Master Pikachu 11

Also not gonna happen because Ash doesn't get really feminine Pokemon.
Just because he hasn’t gotten a feminine looking Pokémon before doesn’t mean that it can’t happen in this series as it is unpredictable and anything is on the table, so expect the unexpected.
So this means Go won't catch a Gulpin, because all of the two part episodes featured no captures for Go.
Well none of those previous Pokémon that appeared in those two parter episodes have had any merchandise for them, but now Gulpin does so it is extremely possible for him to get one this time especially when one fell on his head and isn’t stuck in a dried up dirt.

desdar300

1-2 min battles should never be shown anyways. Either offscreen them or make them last at least half the ep. No middle ground.
I said this above but I think it's just because of how won't even things feel.
We had an episode where go caught every single bug Pokemon from red and green but it seems they can't be bothered to at least show Pokemon like Gengar getting some wins the spot it almost be non-existent with Dragonite.
It answer the ever growing concern I have that the staff may have bitten off more than they can chew and slowly but surely they're about to get kicked in the ass for it

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Just because he hasn’t gotten a feminine looking Pokémon before doesn’t mean that it can’t happen in this series as it is unpredictable and anything is on the table, so expect the unexpected.
It's a rule that's in place because Ash catching a feminine Pokemon would drive young boys away from the franchise.

ShadowForce720

It's a rule that's in place because Ash catching a feminine Pokemon would drive young boys away from the franchise.

No it’s not a rule, and no the idea that Ash getting a feminine Pokémon would somehow drive young boys away despite there being plenty of non feminine Pokémon on his team is ridiculous.

Sure you may not want Ash to catch a feminine Pokémon but that doesn’t mean that it’s going to be driving young boys away just because he got a Pokémon that was feminine.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
No it’s not a rule, and no the idea that Ash getting a feminine Pokémon would somehow drive young boys away despite there being plenty of non feminine Pokémon on his team is ridiculous.

Sure you may not want Ash to catch a feminine Pokémon but that doesn’t mean that it’s going to be driving young boys away just because he got a Pokémon that was feminine.
I agree. I want him to have a fairy type ‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.