• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatBigachu

I like Goh because he feels more like a real person. He doesn't act like a chosen one or some way too lucky idiot hero from a more typical shounen anime.
Seriously? In Journeys, it looks like Goh is the real chosen one while Ash is the frozen one. Poor Sawyer gave his best to reach Ash's level but the chosen rookie started his journey as Ash v2.0

It's more like single protagonist. The episodes make it look like Gou is the sole protagonist and Ash is his companion.
I think it's still too early to say that.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well, I think Goh is more popular because of controversial issues than people actually like him.( I am not saying Goh is not liked). Well we can say the same for Serena, who might not be popular and well liked if Amourshipping didn't existed.
I think Goh is liked by new fans especially kids since he is focused a lot in PJ in contrast to PJ Ash who the writers have been handled worser than ever.

There.

You should have said that right off the bat. Should have said it from beggining.

What you or I think may be far from what other pokémon think.

Similary, what people on some branches of the community think won't be what other think.

Saitama who takes a back seat in many arc's so that other characters can shine, with Saitama only appearing at the end?

Except that's kind of the whole point of OPM. The gag is that Saitama is just unbelievable strong and despite the baddies or even other heroes' best efforts, he'll always finish everything with one punch.

I didn't read the webmanga but going for the Yusuke Murata version, story is more about everyone else while Saitama is mostly there for the gags.

Why are people arguing about who's a better Character between Ash and Gou in the Pokémon Speculation Thread? :confused:

Isn't that what the Character Speculation Thread is for?

Because we love detours?

Or maybe everyone has a Leon side going for them and are just bad at directions.

(and I bet most have Charizards :p)

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Except that's kind of the whole point of OPM. The gag is that Saitama is just unbelievable strong and despite the baddies or even other heroes' best efforts, he'll always finish everything with one punch.

I'm familiar with the typical plot structure of OPM. The comment that I quoted was claiming that Ash being unbeatable wouldn't necessarily be boring because shows like OPM tackle that concept in an interesting way. I was commenting on the fact that OPM only works because they cut down Saitama's screentime to develop other characters and let him save the day. Given peoples complaints about wanting Ash to have the majority of the screentime in Journeys, it doesn't seem like modeling Ash after Saitama would be what many viewers are hoping for.

BobbbidyBob

ASH BIRTHDAY EPISODE, ASH BIRTHDAY EPISODE, ASH BIRTHDAY EPISODE!!!!!

Leonhart

Imagineer
charinija said:
No, there would be no Ash Ketchum if there were no such thing as a pokemon master. Without Ash, there would be no such thing as anime.

They will give a definition of what is the pokemon master. When anime started, the road started with pokemon mastery.

Catching every pokemon is an absurd goal.

Even if Satoshi didn't exist, there would've eventually been a Pokemon anime series anyway since the franchise was big in the late 90's, and it would've been ridiculous not to build off of that momentum by having a Pokemon television series.

But regardless, one of the main points of the games is to capture all Pokemon [or at least as many as possible], so I'm not sure why you think that's a ridiculous goal for Gou. Shigeru caught over 200 Pokemon if I remember right, so it's not like Gou's attempt to capture lots of Pokemon is unheard of.

Master Pikachu 11

I wonder when Dracovish will make its next appearance?

Will Dracovish get its own spotlight episode before Ash's next capture (if he has one)?
Most likely since they are going to promote it, due to pokeshopper saying that it has a lot of merchandise that is going to come out. As for when it shows up, I assume it will come in after Farfetch’d evolves and I wouldn’t be shocked if it appears when Iris debuts in the series.

Morax

King of heroes
So pretty much Ash hasn't made any progress at all at becoming a Pokemon Master since he started his journey. This basically confirms to me that following Ash's story and character has been pointless and a waste of time then.
Of course not! Nothing we ever do is pointless!
~some guy who lost the kalos league

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
So pretty much Ash hasn't made any progress at all at becoming a Pokemon Master since he started his journey. This basically confirms to me that following Ash's story and character has been pointless and a waste of time then.
All this because some of us dont like the fact that goh will be getting a legendary ....
i mean look at ash's journey from being a mere top 17 or something like that he got t top 4 then top 2 then finally won the league.
he learned something from each season(except pokemon go anime) for example from kanto he learned to be stronger then from kalos he learnt that brute force isn't always enough then from alola he learns that there is much more than just battling , he learns about family.....Ash's journey is never like the "chosen one" that's why ''people'' wanted him to win atleast a league(even if alola league was inferior still many people like it as it was 1st time ash won the league) cause ash deserved it unlike goh's where he gets all opportunities - he is a smart guy , knows a lot about pokemons from birth , will be handed legendaries (whatever the way it is) which actually makes goh the chosen one

Morax

King of heroes
All this because some of us dont like the fact that goh will be getting a legendary ....
i mean look at ash's journey from being a mere top 17 or something like that he got t top 4 then top 2 then finally won the league.
he learned something from each season(except pokemon go anime) for example from kanto he learned to be stronger then from kalos he learnt that brute force isn't always enough then from alola he learns that there is much more than just battling , he learns about family.....Ash's journey is never like the "chosen one" that's why ''people'' wanted him to win atleast a league(even if alola league was inferior still many people like it as it was 1st time ash won the league) cause ash deserved it unlike goh's where he gets all opportunities - he is a smart guy , knows a lot about pokemons from birth , will be handed legendaries (whatever the way it is) which actually makes goh the chosen one
From kalos he learnt to accept defeat ;)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So with Suicune being Goh's next capture, Galarian Ponyta possibly being Chloe's next capture, I wonder if Ash will catch a quadruped as well. He has yet to get one in this series.

Kanto: Bulbasaur, Tauros
Johto: Bayleef, Phanpy
Hoenn: Torkoal, Donphan*
Sinnoh: Torterra
Unova: Tepig*, Boldore (?)
Kalos: n/a
Alola: Lycanroc, Torracat*,

Here are my choices from each gen.
Kanto: Eevee
Johto: Espeon
Hoenn: Walrein
Sinnoh: Hippowdon
Unova: Samurott*
Kalos: Gogoat
Alola: Solgaleo
Galar: Appletun

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
So with Suicune being Goh's next capture, Galarian Ponyta possibly being Chloe's next capture, I wonder if Ash will catch a quadruped as well. He has yet to get one in this series.

Kanto: Bulbasaur, Tauros
Johto: Bayleef, Phanpy
Hoenn: Torkoal, Donphan*
Sinnoh: Torterra
Unova: Tepig*, Boldore (?)
Kalos: n/a
Alola: Lycanroc, Torracat*,

Hoenn: Walrein
Sinnoh: Hippowdon
Unova: Samurott*
Kalos: Gogoat
Alola: Solgaleo
Galar: Appletun
Suicune’s likely getting released at the end of the ep so not exactly much of a capture to be frank.

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
Suicune’s likely getting released at the end of the ep so not exactly much of a capture to be frank.
what if it actually turns out that it is a baby(or something ike that) suicune and goh has to take care of it? people wont b angry if such unfortunate event happens i guess.....

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
what if it actually turns out that it is a baby suicune and goh has to take care of it?
As realistic as Ash leaving the anime or Mewtwo ever getting caught.

Never.

DuskAstral

I wonder if Ash will catch a quadruped as well. He has yet to get one in this series.

It's too late for Eevee for him in this series since Koharu has earned her own. Espeon (or any other Eeevelution) are also dropped, as the opening scene where Koharu sees them all around Eevee won't make sense.

ShadowForce720

It's too late for Eevee for him in this series since Koharu has earned her own. Espeon (or any other Eeevelution) are also dropped, as the opening scene where Koharu sees them all around Eevee won't make sense.

Considering that Eevee has a branched evolution and Chloe having an Eevee doesn’t prevent Ash from getting one of the Eeveelutions.

Also I fail to see how the Eeveelutions being around Eevee wouldn’t suddenly make sense if Ash got an Eeveelution.

I mean heck if anything Eevee is one of the few Pokémon lines that would make sense for there to be more then one active on the cast since it would be easy to distinguish them.

Status
Not open for further replies.