• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
They tend to put to promote Ash's Pikachu vs Leon's Charizard in this Generation. But honestly, since Ash's main rival this season has a Charizard, I believe it should be a good chance to bring back Ash's Squirtle, make it evolve to Blastoise and have a new version of Charizard vs Blastoise, but with Ash on the other side.

By the way, if they use the Isle of Armor's plot, I believe Ash could get Kubfu and evolve it into the Single Strike version; because it matchs his personality better. In the case of Mustard, he suits the Rapid Strike better because of his experience. Another clue for Ash's Squirtle to return and evolve would be Honey having Venusaur Gigantamax, because the Grass Type would be useful for Honey to get Max Mushrooms.

They tend to put to promote Ash's Pikachu vs Leon's Charizard in this Generation. But honestly, since Ash's main rival this season has a Charizard, I believe it should be a good chance to bring back Ash's Squirtle, make it evolve to Blastoise and have a new version of Charizard vs Blastoise, but with Ash on the other side.
Just like Blastoise, Pikachu have type advantage against Charizard. Electric type move is super effective against Charizard who is part flying type. Pikachu also resist flying type move, one of the stab type of Charizard.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Just like Blastoise, Pikachu have type advantage against Charizard. Electric type move is super effective against Charizard who is part flying type. Pikachu also resist flying type move, one of the stab type of Charizard.

Yeah, I get your point. But Charizard is mainly a Fire Type, and it can be a lot fo damage to Pikachu yet. And not that Pikachu needs it, but without evolving to Raichu, his stat against Fire Attacks is quite low. If Pikachu at least had the move Surf at his disposal...

Morax

King of heroes
i'd be disappointed if pikachu is the one to beat down Gigazard. I know he is ash's first pokemon and all but over the years pikachu has grown all stale and boring over me.

Decidueye23

None of this matters. I mean sure you cant disregard type effective ness but any seriousness of it went down the drain when pikachu spilled water on mudsdale and tbunderbolt worked on it. Our boi pika is the GOATEST.

Decidueye23

While catching them all is the goal in the games , i think someone doing it offscreen and someone doing it onscreen in the anime is different. Sure one of the biggest mechanics kf the game is you get the boxart and are even capable of catching arceus. Pokemon like hoopa and zeraora are handed down by a code!

Now the anime representation of these pokemon has not been the same. I thinl thats where the problem arises. Legends. Mythicals. Goh's goal by itself is not absurd but to see it in the anime can either quite boring or ridiculous depending on the ones he is getting. What i mean is one of the things that distinguishes the games from the anime is that in the games you cannot bond with your pokemon the way you do in the anime. Thats a huge thing. We see it ocassionely with Goh but look at cubone. Banished to oblivion. Maybe it will return once. I think thats what makes the goal absurd. Not what it inherently is but how it is executed eithin the format of the anime.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
So with Suicune being Goh's next capture, Galarian Ponyta possibly being Chloe's next capture, I wonder if Ash will catch a quadruped as well. He has yet to get one in this series.

Kanto: Bulbasaur, Tauros
Johto: Bayleef, Phanpy
Hoenn: Torkoal, Donphan*
Sinnoh: Torterra
Unova: Tepig*, Boldore (?)
Kalos: n/a
Alola: Lycanroc, Torracat*,

Here are my choices from each gen.
Kanto: Eevee
Johto: Espeon
Hoenn: Walrein
Sinnoh: Hippowdon
Unova: Samurott*
Kalos: Gogoat
Alola: Solgaleo
Galar: Appletun
If Tepig is considered for Unova, I think you can consider Froakie for Kalos too. Also Boldore doesn't qualify, it has 3 legs!!

esquilo09

So with Suicune being Goh's next capture, Galarian Ponyta possibly being Chloe's next capture, I wonder if Ash will catch a quadruped as well. He has yet to get one in this series.

Kanto: Bulbasaur, Tauros
Johto: Bayleef, Phanpy
Hoenn: Torkoal, Donphan*
Sinnoh: Torterra
Unova: Tepig*, Boldore (?)
Kalos: n/a
Alola: Lycanroc, Torracat*,

Here are my choices from each gen.
Kanto: Eevee
Johto: Espeon
Hoenn: Walrein
Sinnoh: Hippowdon
Unova: Samurott*
Kalos: Gogoat
Alola: Solgaleo
Galar: Appletun
1. Go will probably release it in the end after he realises that Suicune is important for the enviroment.
2. Instead of Walrein, it should be Absol who's popular.
3. Instead of Eevee, it should be Arcanine. Unless they pull a Go's Raichu on Eevee by being a male and evolve during the episode.
4. In case he doesn't catch Espeon or Arcanine, he should catch a Houndoom.

Btw is it just me or is that Suicune on the size of a lion instead of being giant sized?

Last edited:

BobbbidyBob

While catching them all is the goal in the games , i think someone doing it offscreen and someone doing it onscreen in the anime is different. Sure one of the biggest mechanics kf the game is you get the boxart and are even capable of catching arceus. Pokemon like hoopa and zeraora are handed down by a code!

Now the anime representation of these pokemon has not been the same. I thinl thats where the problem arises. Legends. Mythicals. Goh's goal by itself is not absurd but to see it in the anime can either quite boring or ridiculous depending on the ones he is getting. What i mean is one of the things that distinguishes the games from the anime is that in the games you cannot bond with your pokemon the way you do in the anime. Thats a huge thing. We see it ocassionely with Goh but look at cubone. Banished to oblivion. Maybe it will return once. I think thats what makes the goal absurd. Not what it inherently is but how it is executed eithin the format of the anime.
HEyyyyyyyyy I forgot about cubone XDXD nice reminder

ShadowForce720

1. Go will probably release it in the end after he realises that Suicune is important for the enviroment.
2. Instead of Walrein, it should be Absol who's popular.
3. Instead of Eevee, it should be Arcanine. Unless they pull a Go's Raichu on Eevee by being a male and evolve during the episode.
4. In case he doesn't catch Espeon or Arcanine, he should catch a Houndoom.

Btw is it just me or is that Suicune on the size of a lion instead of being giant sized?

Just pointing this out but Suicune size is listed in the Pokédex as 6’07” while a typical lion size ranges from 5.6 - 8.2ft(Male), 4.6 - 6ft(Female)

So Suicune being depict around the size of a lion makes sense.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Okay......

Anyways, so does everyone think Farfetch’d will evolve in the Wikstrom episode? Or who thinks it’ll be later?
I think most are in agreement that Farfetch’d may likely evolve in that ep.

Status
Not open for further replies.