• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
What?
And here we are speculating that who is gonna get Grookey.
Going by that, there is actually a possibility that this is another release mon plot like what happened with Chimchar and Tepig. Although we need more clarification if what was said is true as we do need more info especially if the Grookey has a trainer part is true.

kickachu

Momentai!

PsychoLogical

So Grookey might already have a trainer? If they aren't going the Chimchar route maybe the trainer is Hop
That's what it supposedly says. We technically do need more info on if the Grookey has a trainer part is true tho.

PsychoLogical

True, but I think it would be an interesting direction for Goh if he got a Pokemon that was recently abandoned its Trainer.
Assuming it does go to Go. Although due to apparently Grookey being revealed to already have a trainer does make me lean more towards Go owning Grookey as I really don't think they'll have Ash own two mons in one team that had either been abandoned or left its trainer even if it's already been done like in the BW saga. Still won't rule out Ash owning it tho.

ShadowForce720

So Grookey might already have a trainer? If they aren't going the Chimchar route maybe the trainer is Hop
Come to think of it, if this post esquilo09 made shows Pokémon that are showing up soon in the anime. Then if Grookey does belong to Hop then he could easily also have a Corvisquire and Dubwool if he shows up.

Is this anime related?

EtvgIfZVgAA07oc

EtvgIhgVkAUZe1S

EtvgIdIUcAcD0dW

MegaSalamence05

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Grookey is focused too much on drumming than battling. I don't see them introducing Hop only because of how much Goh is like that Character in my own opinion.

It gets lost and needs to be brought back to its trainer. Bring out the bonding scene just like Bulbasaur was back in the Original Series and sees that Grookey is more happy with the heroes vs staying by their side.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Grookey is focused too much on drumming than battling. I don't see them introducing Hop only because of how much Goh is like that Character in my own opinion.

It gets lost and needs to be brought back to its trainer. Bring out the bonding scene just like Bulbasaur and sees that Grookey is more happy with the heroes vs staying by their side.
Who would do the bonding tho lmao.

PsychoLogical

Alright... So I got my final conclusions: I'm gonna bet that it'll either be a Chimchar, Snivy, or even a Bulbasaur scenario. Either it gets abandoned, it leaves its trainer on its own, or its original caretaker/owner leaves it with the MCs cause I extremely doubt Grookey's original trainer is going to be a major character. Likely just a COTD.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
So Grookey already has a Trainer eh?

Seems a little repetitive to do the same "Trainer Abandons their Pokémon" plotline after we had Gengar for that already.

Not to mention there will be a LOT of comparisons to Chimchar. (Both Abandoned Monkey Starters)

But also Grookey seems a little too happy in the Previews if it's indeed an abandoned Pokémon? So that's a bit strange

PsychoLogical

So Grookey already has a Trainer eh?

Seems a little repetitive to do the same "Trainer Abandons their Pokémon" plotline after we had Gengar for that already.

Not to mention there will be a LOT of comparisons to Chimchar. (Both Abandoned Monkey Starters)

But also Grookey seems a little too happy in the Previews if it's indeed an abandoned Pokémon? So that's a bit strange
The option is still there since Grookey already has a trainer. Although there are technically two other options and that Grookey will just leave on its own or the original trainer will just leave it with the main cast (I can't exactly tell who Grookey will end up belonging to from there)

PsychoLogical

Didn't the writers say that it was going to play a major role in the Journeys storyline?
Can we really even take that statement srsly tho?

MegaSalamence05

As other users have stated that the abandonment plot line has already been used this time with Ash's Gengar.

That's why I'm thinking it's more of a Bulbasaur situation. Bulbasaur was the leader of a hidden village that showcased its character development right away.

With Grookey it's possible that it just wants to Drum and is focused on wanting to become Rillaboom the drummer in the band. He wants to be a leader in a band. As well as dealing with a trainer just like Bulbasaur did.

(I hope this analogy makes sense).

PsychoLogical

As other users have stated that the abandonment plot line has already been used this time with Ash's Gengar.

That's why I'm thinking it's more of a Bulbasaur situation. Bulbasaur was the leader of a hidden village that showcased its character development right away.

With Grookey it's possible that it just wants to Drum and is focused on wanting to become Rillaboom the drummer in the band. He wants to be a leader in a band. As well as dealing with a trainer just like Bulbasaur did.

(I hope this analogy makes sense).
Nah it does make sense. Main difference being that Bulbasaur was still wild. In this case, the scenario will seemingly be about one of the 3 scenarios that I listed earlier although the abandonment plot is prob less likely so let's just go with the Snivy or Bulbasaur scenario that I said. It may either just leave on its own or its original trainer just decides to have the main cast take Grookey. Unless they go with the abandonment plot again for Go this time around which isn't impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.