• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
No matter what anyone says, Grookey is pretty much guaranteed to join the main cast through some way. They’re not going to not have a current gen starter join the main cast.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
No matter what anyone says, Grookey is pretty much guaranteed to join the main cast through some way. They’re not going to not have a current gen starter join the main cast.
Given how many trends Journeys has broken, that one might be broken too.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
According to this supposed source the episode will feature a character from the game that hasn't showed up yet
Looks like this might indeed be the debut of Hop, as he's the only other character in the games besides you and Leon (who already appears) who has a starter.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
According to this supposed source the episode will feature a character from the game that hasn't showed up yet
If they have any connection to Grookey then Hop or Milo are the only ones who make any sense

But if that's really the case then I wonder why they weren't shown in a Preview or the OP.
You'd think they'd hype up more Galar Game Characters Debuting?

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Do we know for sure that Grookey's trainer is an unadapted Sword and Shield character?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The one character that I think Grookey could be tied to is Piers. As Piers is a musician you could attribute him to the Maximizer's band of Obstagoon, the two Toxitricity that we've seen alot in the merchandise and Rillaboom with a Grookey. Just saying and putting it out there.
It would be weird to introduce Piers when we haven't even seen Marnie or Team Yell yet, unless they're giving Marnie's storylines to Ash.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
No we don't many are just assuming that it is because the leaker stated that an unrevealed Pokemon character from the games will be debuting here supposedly
That kinda makes sense, as Episode 58 is a two in one episode. Both two in one episodes so far have been followed up by episodes set in Galar so this implies that this trend will also continue.

Mythical-Moonlight

The one character that I think Grookey could be tied to is Piers. As Piers is a musician you could attribute him to the Maximizer's band of Obstagoon, the two Toxitricity that we've seen alot in the merchandise and Rillaboom with a Grookey. Just saying and putting it out there.
True I forgot to mention Piers is also possible as well due to Rillaboom's connection with The Maximizers.

Tho judging by the backgrounds in the OP and Preview it doesn't look like this episode is taking place in Spikemuth which would make more sense but I could be wrong tho

DuskAstral

Both episode.
Gary= PWC match vs Ash.
Iris: probably filler-ish episode where she meets Ash's Dracovish and Dragonite.
1) It is not known yet if Gary is participating in PWC. Their struggle may be due to the good old days
2) As for Iris, I hope she will at least have Fraxure (a clue might be that Axew is not with her in the opening).

DuskAstral

So Grookey might already have a trainer? If they aren't going the Chimchar route maybe the trainer is Hop
I don't think it was Hop. He is one of the most important characters in the game, so he would rather appear in the opening game.
It might be a case where this new trainer might actually be added to the main cast as a 4th member.
If Grookey's trainer joined the main cast, he would be the third member. Koharu is still a supporting character.

Mythical-Moonlight

Wait If Piers is a possible option....

Then what about Marnie? She's Piers Lil Sis after all.
Maybe she'd think Grookey is cute?
Plus it'd make a lot of sense if they got separated since she'd probably have Grookey as her walkmon seeing as Morpeko got hijacked by Team Rocket :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.