• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

With Scizor, Go finally has his first Steel type, now I wonder what other Steel types he'll catch? The other questions are: when will he catch a second Dark type? When will he catch a third Fire type and Dragon type?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
With Scizor, Go finally has his first Steel type, now I wonder what other Steel types he'll catch? The question now is when will he catch a second Dark type? When will he catch a third Fire type and Dragon type?
Honestly, who cares Lmao. He will keep catching mons, so hes bound to get many of the same types. The only thing hes lacking is a mythical and a female only mon

nickdt

With Scizor, Go finally has his first Steel type, now I wonder what other Steel types he'll catch? The question now is when will he catch a second Dark type? When will he catch a third Fire type and Dragon type?

Well... they can make Fletchling evolve, which would make Fletchinder his third fire type. I think his second Dark type will be an Alola Form or Unova mon (Since i think we are overdue for a new Unova and Alola episode) You can basically destroy 3 Pidgeys with one Stone and give Goh Deino, then he has his first mon in a Psuedo line, his second Dark type and his third Dark type.

With Iris coming up, its possible we are going to visit that Dragon place in Unova as well.

dman_dustin

Would have made ZERO sense for farfetch'd to evolve rn, im glad it didnt
They are actually giving G. Farfetch'd proper focus for its arc
Now when it next shows up and battles against Rinto, I wont mind it evolving.

Did you not see the episode, it would've made ABSOLUTELY the most sense in the world for it to evolve.

The focus on Ash and Farfetch'd, the actual night slashes that actually LOOKED like critical hits, Farfetch'd protecting Ash from both Wikstrom and

Tell me how Go deserved Scizor more than Ash with Sirfetch'd? (with exception Go had Scyther longer, even though it has a more difficult evolution to acheive; as in Scyther isn't evolving

In other words WHY THE **** is Farfetch'd development tied SOLELY to Rinto. Do you people care about Rinto that much that Ash and Farfetch'd have to be thrown under the bus just in the name of what's more than likely a one off rivalry that will end when Ash moves past Rinto onto the next trainer with one of his other Pokemon.

Ash's Riolu's development was more tied to Bea, and look at what happened? Nothing. It evolved in an episode where it wasn't even the focus.

At least Farfetch'd actually was in a focus episode with Ash, a hell of a lot more focus than Go and Scyther, and you want to save it for Rinto because WHY the hell not even though Wikstrom is knight and Sirfetch'd literally is a knight as well with a "lance sword" and shield similar to Aegislash.

But it all HAS TO SOLELY BE TIED TO RINTO. Couldn't be Sirfetch'd and Ash working together to defeat Rinto it SOLELY has to be Farfetch'd, because RINTO is SO DAMN IMPORTANT even more than Ash and Farfetch'd?

Okay, fine you win.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Oh please stop imagining that. No one b4 ur comment has started any stuffs against goh why the hell are u igniting the hate engine?
No one before my comment even was talking about the episode. You’re absolutely delusional if you think my comment was what made hate start lol. People jump on go like white on rice when he has a change in an ash-focused episode. I don’t like it as much as the next guy but this is the way

desdar300

Yes, but main difference is this: They waited 20+ episodes to give Galarfetch'd its focus episode. Considering it still hasn't evolved and Dracovish needs focus as well, this means they need to juggle three focus Pokemon at the same time (Which this series won't do, since the PWC is an afterthought rather than the main course), one of which is a base stage of a three stage line (And a starter even) which means that Galarfetch'd and Dracovish get even less focus. It just seems more likely at this point that Goh is getting Grookey.
Mister Fish is a fully evolved Pokemon so it's right up there with Dragonite and Gengar.
And I think they've made it abundantly clear that they don't care who gets focus and who doesn't ( just look at the former two I mentioned).
They don't care

nickdt

Mister Fish is a fully evolved Pokemon so it's right up there with Dragonite and Gengar.
And I think they've made it abundantly clear that they don't care who gets focus and who doesn't ( just look at the former two I mentioned).
They don't care
Tbh, i think the main reason is that they don't need to for Dragonite and Gengar, because they are older generation mons, while Dracovish is a current generation one, so they don't need to heavily focus on Dragonite and Gengar in terms of screen time and marketing anyways, while they need to do so with Dracovish (But like i said, PWC feels like an afterthought instead of the main course anyways, so even that alone makes Ash getting Grookey extremely unlikely).

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
No one before my comment even was talking about the episode. You’re absolutely delusional if you think my comment was what made hate start lol. People jump on go like white on rice when he has a change in an ash-focused episode. I don’t like it as much as the next guy but this is the way
Yea but till now no1 has either. Why hope the -vity to come when it hasnt

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Did you not see the episode, it would've made ABSOLUTELY the most sense in the world for it to evolve.

The focus on Ash and Farfetch'd, the actual night slashes that actually LOOKED like critical hits, Farfetch'd protecting Ash from both Wikstrom and

Tell me how Go deserved Scizor more than Ash with Sirfetch'd? (with exception Go had Scyther longer, even though it has a more difficult evolution to acheive; as in Scyther isn't evolving

In other words WHY THE **** is Farfetch'd development tied SOLELY to Rinto. Do you people care about Rinto that much that Ash and Farfetch'd have to be thrown under the bus just in the name of what's more than likely a one off rivalry that will end when Ash moves past Rinto onto the next trainer with one of his other Pokemon.

Ash's Riolu's development was more tied to Bea, and look at what happened? Nothing. It evolved in an episode where it wasn't even the focus.

At least Farfetch'd actually was in a focus episode with Ash, a hell of a lot more focus than Go and Scyther, and you want to save it for Rinto because WHY the hell not even though Wikstrom is knight and Sirfetch'd literally is a knight as well with a "lance sword" and shield similar to Aegislash.

But it all HAS TO SOLELY BE TIED TO RINTO. Couldn't be Sirfetch'd and Ash working together to defeat Rinto it SOLELY has to be Farfetch'd, because RINTO is SO DAMN IMPORTANT even more than Ash and Farfetch'd?

Okay, fine you win.
It was too early! Farfetch'd getting move development and appreciating Ash was the next logical step it had to take in its arc, immediately evolving would have been too rushed and dumb, it gets more time to shine as the rogue samurai duck as it slowly develops into the Knight!
It doesnt matter whether Goh deserved it LMAO, its part of his goal why not get that trade evo over with, also Goh battled real well so yea scizor makes perfect sense
Why do u need to compare to Goh anyway to try and validate ur critcism
Ash riolu development was tied to battling Bea and it tied, and will face Bea again in hyper class and it evolved in an absolute hype moment, proceeded to destroy Rose and helped against Eternatus

desdar300

Tbh, i think the main reason is that they don't need to for Dragonite and Gengar, because they are older generation mons, while Dracovish is a current generation one, so they don't need to heavily focus on Dragonite and Gengar in terms of screen time and marketing anyways, while they need to do so with Dracovish (But like i said, PWC feels like an afterthought instead of the main course anyways, so even that alone makes Ash getting Grookey extremely unlikely).
The reason why those two don't get it focuses because the show expects us to believe that they're powerful like their gaming counterparts.
Nite was able to take out two of Corni's Pokemon with one of them being a Mega Evolution that Pikachu historically struggled with.
And I'm actually glad you bought up the Pokemon world coronations because that happens to be the goal of our main protagonist but despite that being the main goal we don't see it focused on as much compared to the other co-lead.
If equal Focus mattered then we would be seeing a lot more Pokemon World Tournament matches just as much as we see Go chunking his balls a different things.
I'm pulling a Shadow Force and saying that anything is possible and nothing is set in stone as these last several episodes showed

esquilo09

Well... they can make Fletchling evolve, which would make Fletchinder his third fire type. I think his second Dark type will be an Alola Form or Unova mon (Since i think we are overdue for a new Unova and Alola episode) You can basically destroy 3 Pidgeys with one Stone and give Goh Deino, then he has his first mon in a Psuedo line, his second Dark type and his third Dark type.

With Iris coming up, its possible we are going to visit that Dragon place in Unova as well.
That's a good opnion, it's better than mine: Go's second Dark type being Scraggy, Go's third Fire type being Magmar or Simisear and Go's third Dragon type being Druddigon or Axew.

Although the Go hate would get even stronger if he catches Deino, but I actually don't care.

And from the looks of that previous scan Go's Alola form Dark type will probably be Meowth.

nickdt

That's a good opnion, it's better than mine: Go's second Dark type being Scraggy, Go's third Fire type being Magmar or Simisear and Go's third Dragon type being Druddigon or Axew.

Although the Go hate would get even stronger if he catches Deino, but I actually don't care.

And from the looks of that previous scan Go's Alola form Dark type will probably be Meowth.

I don't think the Go hate will be there if he catches the Psuedo's in their base forms or middle evolutions. Now, if he catches them in their fully evolved state, i would understand, even if he battles against them, since all of his Pokemon (Sans Golurk, Flygon and maybe Cinderace) would get one-shotted by them.

I think Goh would get the Elemental Monkeys at the same time.

Last edited:

esquilo09

I don't think the Go hate will be there if he catches the Psuedo's in their base forms or middle evolutions. Now, if he catches them in their fully evolved state, i would understand, even if he battles against them, since all of his Pokemon (Sans Golurk, Flygon and maybe Cinderace) would get one-shotted by them.

I think Goh would get the Elemental Monkeys at the same time.
That's fair. Deino or Zweilous and the Elemental Monkeys, make sense.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Now that we know trading can be simulated as it was in today's episode with Scyther's evolution, I guess the chances of Ash and Goh trading Boldore's back and forth to evolve them just plummeted. My assumption now is that Goh's will evolve at some point through another trade simulation and Ash's will be doomed to be a Boldore forever..

Status
Not open for further replies.