• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
Pikachu would be happy if Goh caught Kangaskhan, instead of Ash. I mean most people love their moms, but who wants their mom to hang out with them and their friends all the time? She'd embarrass him constantly.

nickdt

Pikachu would be happy if Goh caught Kangaskhan, instead of Ash. I mean most people love their moms, but who wants their mom to hang out with them and their friends all the time? She'd embarrass him constantly.

Ash catches Kangaskhan
Ash wanting to take Pikachu with him to region 9.
Ash: Can i take Pikachu with me
Kangaskhan: Kanga, Kanga, Kanga, Kangaskhan (NOPE, you don't take my baby away from me)
Ash: Surprised Pikachu face

nickdt

Ash becoming a monkey himself.

Maybe he still has the passimian outfit.

I wonder if in the upcoming batch of episodes (Confirmed or not), they will travel to Sinnoh to meet Gary, where Goh catches a couple of Pokemon, since Sinnoh mons are the only ones he currently misses.

Edit: Oops, Mantyke is a thing. Even so, its only one Sinnoh mon, while he owns multiple mons of the other regions (With Kanto the most obviously).

Here is an overview of currently owned mons by Goh per region
Kanto: 39 (Counted Scyther and Dugtrio since registered in the dex), however, not counted Alolan Exeggutor. 3 of them were caught in Sinnoh (Goldeen and both Magikarp) and 3 in an unnamed region (Krabby, Mankey and Diglett)
Johto: 10 (Heracross obtained in Kanto, the rest in Johto, Scizor evolved in Kalos)
Hoenn: 8
Sinnoh: 1 (Mantyke)
Unova: 4 (3 caught in Unova, Boldore in Galar)
Kalos: 9 (Bunnelby caught in Galar, the rest in Kalos). Kinda impressive after only 2 Kalos trips
Alola: 3 (2 caught in Alola, one of which is Alolan Exeggutor, Morelull caught in Galar)
Galar: 7 (All obtained in Galar) Out of the 7, 5 belong to evolution lines (Scorbunny evolved twice and Skwovet evolved once)

Interesting to not that so far it seems Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh mons so far are only placed and caught in their respective regions. Based on this, its bascially safe to see another Unova (Iris) and Alola visit is on the cards in the near future.

So let us speculate away of which mons Goh will likely get next in upcoming episodes. I think he will get the regional birds (except for maybe Rookidee) soon, especially if we are going to visit Alola, Sinnoh and Johto (Since he currently already owns Fletchling, Taillow and Pidgey). Interesting to note is that also has 3 regional rodents (Kantonian Rattata, Bunnelby and Sentret).

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
On the topic of Kangaskan,

I'd personally LOVE for her to meet Delia

Maybe she could hang around Delia's house and give her some company since Mimey seems to be spending more of his time at Sakuragi's Lab

Wonder what would make Grookey choose Ash over Go?
Wait was something confirmed?

Last edited:

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
So let us speculate away of which mons Goh will likely get next in upcoming episodes. I think he will get the regional birds (except for maybe Rookidee) soon, especially if we are going to visit Alola, Sinnoh and Johto (Since he currently already owns Fletchling, Taillow and Pidgey). Interesting to note is that also has 3 regional rodents (Kantonian Rattata, Bunnelby and Sentret).
He basically has as many Kanto pokemon as all other regions combined. Clearly the writers are prioritizing the Kanto dex. I don't think he will catch pokemon he has prevolutions for, unless they are branching lines.

Aside from first stage Kanto, I would say the regional bugs, birds and rodents are most likely. He also has Spearow and Wingul as birds, and Greedent as a rodent.

He already has Pineko, Heracross, Ariados and Scizor as Johto bugs, so I could see him completing the Johto bug dex. + he still needs a Silcoon from Hoenn.

He still needs to catch the prevolutions of Ariados, Golurk, Dewgong, Hitmonchan, Pikachu, Boldore, and Darmanitan.

Red and Blue

On the topic of Kangaskan,

I'd personally LOVE for her to meet Delia

Maybe she could hang around Delia's house and to keep her company since Mimey seems to be spending more of his time at Sakuragi's Lab

Wait was something confirmed?
My question was more in response to kikachu still having faith that Ash would still catch Grookey despite hints of it going to Go.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don't get why people want Kangaskan back so much. I think her role in the show's been done already. Pikachu's left his nest already and I don't see much reason to revisit it.

ShadowForce720

I don't get why people want Kangaskan back so much. I think her role in the show's been done already. Pikachu's left his nest already and I don't see much reason to revisit it.
Pikachu left without properly saying good bye to it’s adopted mother and sister while they were sleeping.

Keep in mind that this was likely not that long after Kangaskhan almost lost it’s daughter who was saved by Mew. So even if Kangaskhan doesn’t get caught it reappearing again and reuniting with Pikachu and Pikachu actually giving it a proper good bye with Kangaskhan’s blessings would finally give it proper closure.

Because keep in mind that Kangaskhan likely doesn’t know that it Pichu has evolved into a Pikachu and it was likely very distraught when it woke up and saw one of it’s children missing with no explanation.

That is plenty of reason for Kangaskhan to return.

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
XY battles showcased plenty of incredibly strategic maneuvering and tactical play, even in the fast-paced battles. I don't know where people got this idea that XY/XYZ's battles had no " substance. "

Just in the Ash v Sawyer match:

- Sawyer used Slaking to literally use Hawlucha's battling style against him?
- Maybe when Saywer used targeted Aqua Jet to literally follow and keep with Talonflame?
- Sawyer using ice beam to slow Talonflame down just a notch to take him down?
- Ash telling Pikachu to use the forest for cover
- After Clawitzer grabbed Pikachu by the tail and used water pulse, Ash and Pikachu use electro ball to counteract that
- Sawyer with Aeigslash destroying the forest that Pikachu used as cover
- Sawyer putting Pikachu and Ash in a tough spot with King's Shield, a move that lowered Pikachu's attack
- And of course, the absolute genius log strategy, both using the logs as a means for easy movement and as a way to counter King's Shield. By far probably the most inventive strategy Ash has ever come up with
- Use of Noivern's sense of smell to attack through smoke
- Saywer's use of Slurpuff's sense of smell to attack through smoke
- Use of targeted Frenzy Plant against both Pikachu and AG to cut their agility and push them back(Shauna literally said AG was under pressure because of this and how they couldn't close the distance to do the close combat blitzing AG is known for)
- AG using Double Team for cover to use Water Shuriken

Other general strategies throughout XY/XYZ

1) Rock Tomb climb and Draco Meteor climb in Grant battle

2) Aura Sphere Climb in Korrina battle

3) Using Heliolisk's collar to beat it in Clemont battle

4) Using spinning X-Scissor to counter Trick Room against Valerie

5) Splashing water to counter Alain Tyranitar's Sandstorm

Meanwhile, people still hold up DP battles even though besides the strategies used and the fantastic narrative behind a lot of them, the battles are just not a joy to watch and are just generally horrible. I rewatched the Ash v Paul match a while back and there's so much stock footage, horrible pacing, and the direction is lackadaisical. So many damn panning shots....
You misunderstood my argument.
There's more to you than just flesh and bones, similarly there's more to battles than just strategies and animation. The rivalry between pokemon and their respective trainers, character motivations, stakes etc are important too and that is what i meant by 'substance'. A big part of what made Ash vs Paul so memorable is the friction between them. Both XY and SM fail to capture that level of unresolved tension and pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.