• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

Since it seems that Pokemon Legends is main game and not spin off(?), I am now convinced that Gen 9 is coming in 2023 since Legends is coming in early 2022. But anyway how you spin it one gap will be 4 years since Gen 10 would be in 30th anniversary.( I believe is this gap: aka 2023: Gen 9, 2024: DLCs for that Gen, 2025: idk, maybe nothing and 2026: Gen 10)That's what I think. So, that means JN would have like 180+ episodes, so that means Ash will catch more Pokemon( yeaaaaah) and Go will stick around for 2 more years approx.

The anime currently cannot run 4 years though, unless OLM is chilling with the pacing (Which makes Ash's off-screen progress pointless if they are starting to chill now). I still think a new generation is a possibility in 2022, especially since they could have put Legends Arceus late 2021, to have a proper gap in between 2 Sinnoh games.

Where the Wild Areas in Sword and Shield likely was a test to see if Gamefreak could pull off Open World, Arceus Legends is most likely a test to see if they can pull off Full open World.

DuskAstral

Go will stick around for 2 more years approx.
There is no guarantee that Gou will disappear. There is a great possibility that it will stay permanently. Let's have a look
-he was made the second protagonist, not a companion

- promotes the non-losing popularity game "Pokémon Go"

- has the purpose that the main games promote, which is "catch them all"
Oshawott, Rowlet, and Quilava Confirmed for Journeys!
Rowlet has already appeared in the current series (even if it was only one episode). Anyway, I don't think "Legends: Arceus" is being promoted in the anime since the action takes place in the very distant past

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
EvGqEQQWgAMZeqT

With Kubfu in the middle it almost looks like it could be Dawn, Ash and Goh. But maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well Tomo Sakurai (Cynthia's VA) plays Chloe's mom as well if I recall correctly so we might be seeing the Sinnoh Champ at some point.

Still I REALLY want Dawn as well. It's long past to reunite Ash, Goh and Dawn. Just give me the definitive trio, danm it!

Red and Blue

Oshawott, Rowlet, and Quilava Confirmed for Journeys!

Nah they're just going to bring back Dawn for Remake promotion
Or they can just do both and have the both Piplups interact with each other. We will likely see that with Ash and Iris' Dragonites

Ash has a Rowlet and Oshawott, but, his Cydnaquil evolved...

And it evolved in...

SINNOH?!
IT ALL COMES TOGETHER
WE NEED ASH TYPHLOSION AND TORTERRA TO COME BACK (even though it probably won’t)

I hope Ash’s Oshawott comes back and gets some wins as well but I never want him to evolve.

I can see Goh getting a Chimchar but it not going past Monferno or Turtwig

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
The anime currently cannot run 4 years though, unless OLM is chilling with the pacing (Which makes Ash's off-screen progress pointless if they are starting to chill now). I still think a new generation is a possibility in 2022, especially since they could have put Legends Arceus late 2021, to have a proper gap in between 2 Sinnoh games.

Where the Wild Areas in Sword and Shield likely was a test to see if Gamefreak could pull off Open World, Arceus Legends is most likely a test to see if they can pull off Full open World.
I think it is in early 2022? I think it can be 2023. I wouldn't mind.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
What's wrong? You're not excited about the News?
It’s the chibi artstyle used in the BDSP games. Some are disappointed in that. And also how there’s not much changed in design.

BlazingAsh

Ash has a Rowlet and Oshawott, but, his Cydnaquil evolved...

And it evolved in...

SINNOH?!
IT ALL COMES TOGETHER
Doubt his Oshawott or Rowlet will ever evolve. Quilava could return and evolve. But I have a feeling because his Cyndaquil already evolved in a cameo appearance, they may not repeat that and just might bring back Dawn with a Typhlosion.

dman_dustin

It’s the chibi artstyle used in the BDSP games. Some are disappointed in that. And also how there’s not much changed in design.

I don't care about the graphics, my problem was that it was a 1:1 remake, like I thought ORAS was liked but now I'm thinking people hated ORAS if this is how they treat DP remakes.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I don't care about the graphics, my problem was that it was a 1:1 remake, like I thought ORAS was liked but now I'm thinking people hated ORAS if this is how they treat DP remakes.
They really only hated ORAS cause of the exclusion of the BF and how the reason for its exclusion was a laughable excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.