• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
DP should have been 3 years. They stretched out the last gym battle.
They should have ended the Sinnoh journey at 3 years and do the sinnoh/Johto Battle Frontier in Johto for the last year instead of what we got.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Buizel
Squirtle
Snivy
Bayleef
Quilava
Gible

Wish Ash would keep those pokemon more with him and evolve.

Actually, I think Totodile is one of Ash's weakest Pokemon. It has to evolve too.

It seems like the Pokemon games are maybe turning over a new leaf with the release of DP remakes and the Legends of Arceus. Why can’t the anime do the same thing? Fans have been clamoring for years for DP remakes and they got them.
We need to do the same thing and ask for a more mature anime or at the very least drop Ash, it’s been far too long and it shows. It’s very disappointing to see how big of a hole they have dug themselves into. Journeys has tried to gain fans back by having retiring characters, the problem is they are executing it poorly.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Well..
Dawn and/or Cynthia should be pretty much a given in the future now.

I'd like if they brought back someone unexpected though (Tobias pls)
Episode with him trying to catch Arceus using all of his Gamesharked Legends.
I don't want Takuto to return, especially not if it causes viewers to expect Satoshi to "get even" with him. I remember seeing many comments a while ago suggesting that Satoshi needs to beat Takuto, which I don't agree with because the implication from those comments was that Takuto's victory at the Shinou League wasn't fair even though it was.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Don’t really care about DP remakes —> anime effect but hell I would just love to have a time travel arc. with Legends. Ainu culture, lesser showcase thematic Pokémon starters (Mijumaru/Hinoarashi/Mukuroh), potential mythos&lore, and some war/combat battle plot could really be swell. Satoshi went back in time in S&M due to Celebi and went to another dimension thanks to Kapu-keko and Pikachu’s electricity clashing. Anime is kind of in a rut and I believe we’ve never had an old-school time traveling feudal era-esque arc. Maybe something about Gou and Satoshi going back in time to meet some legendary/mythical.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
It seems like the Pokemon games are maybe turning over a new leaf with the release of DP remakes and the Legends of Arceus. Why can’t the anime do the same thing? Fans have been clamoring for years for DP remakes and they got them.
We need to do the same thing and ask for a more mature anime or at the very least drop Ash, it’s been far too long and it shows. It’s very disappointing to see how big of a hole they have dug themselves into. Journeys has tried to gain fans back by having retiring characters, the problem is they are executing it poorly.
The anime only serves one purpose and it’s marketing. That’s literally it. All that crap about this or that is literally all headcanon.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Don’t really care about DP remakes —> anime effect but hell I would just love to have a time travel arc. with Legends. Ainu culture, lesser showcase thematic Pokémon starters (Mijumaru/Hinoarashi/Mukuroh), potential mythos&lore, and some war/combat battle plot could really be swell. Satoshi went back in time in S&M due to Celebi and went to another dimension thanks to Kapu-keko and Pikachu’s electricity clashing. Anime is kind of in a rut and I believe we’ve never had an old-school time traveling feudal era-esque arc. Maybe something about Gou and Satoshi going back in time to meet some legendary/mythical.
Then they could also meet Dawn's ancestor, if that's what she is. Would be interesting to see something like that happen.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
The anime only serves one purpose and it’s marketing. That’s literally it. All that crap about this or that is literally all headcanon.
But is the animé doing its job in marketing the games and other merchandise, or is it becoming a liability? Look at what has happened with the rest of the franchise. The Sword and Shield games are the best-selling games since Gold and Silver, and have a real chance to eventually surpass them, making them second only to Red/Green/Blue. The Trading Card Game is also doing very well, the last time I checked. I don't know the sales of the Pokémon Special/Adventures manga but I haven't heard a ton of complaints about it so I'm guessing it's doing fine. The one thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is the Pokémon animé. And it's not just here and on this forum. From what I've seen, Journeys failed to be in Netflix's top 10 children's animated shows, and save for only two episodes in Japan, one of which was the return to Alola episode, the animé has failed to crack the top 10 animé rankings there, as well, despite eventually moving to a timeslot where it did not compete against an icon in Chibi Maruko Chan. When everything else in the franchise seems to be setting records or at least holding steady, the animé is the only part of the franchise that seems to be having problems and losing viewers. How long can that last before the Pokémon Company views it as too much of a liability for it to continue? Maybe the rest of the franchise can shield it for a time, but if more time goes on and this decline in the animé continues, I can see the Pokémon Company either getting rid of it or making some significant changes. I think the next year will be really telling for it.

Getting back on topic, I personally think that the animé needs to bring back some fan favorite Pokémon of Ash's like Charizard, Sceptile, Snorlax, Infernape, and even Greninja. In addition, they need to bring back characters like Dawn and Cynthia, especially Dawn since the next group of games takes place in Sinnoh and the characters in Legends most certainly look like Lucas and Dawn. Speaking of Legends, the starters there are all starters that Ash has on his team so I wouldn't mind seeing them come back, either, and hopefully evolve them up to their final stages in the process. I think that these starters may have the best chance of returning to Ash's team, if not soon, then possibly in 2022 since that's when Legends will be released, assuming it isn't delayed.

DuskAstral

In addition, they need to bring back characters like Dawn and Cynthia, especially Dawn since the next group of games takes place in Sinnoh and the characters in Legends most certainly look like Lucas and Dawn.
I think that if they bring them back, it will happen at the latest at the end of the year (I have such a strange feeling that only then these remakes will be released).
Speaking of Legends, the starters there are all starters that Ash has on his team so I wouldn't mind seeing them come back, either, and hopefully evolve them up to their final stages in the process.
I wouldn't mind, however, with new games coming in Sinnoh, it makes more sense to me to give Typhlosion Dawn.

desdar300

There is no guarantee that Gou will disappear. There is a great possibility that it will stay permanently. Let's have a look
-he was made the second protagonist, not a companion

- promotes the non-losing popularity game "Pokémon Go"

- has the purpose that the main games promote, which is "catch them all"

Rowlet has already appeared in the current series (even if it was only one episode). Anyway, I don't think "Legends: Arceus" is being promoted in the anime since the action takes place in the very distant past
You underestimate the staff behind the anime young Padawan.
They will go as low as they need to to promote merchandise in the name of capitalism

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I wouldn't mind, however, with new games coming in Sinnoh, it makes more sense to me to give Typhlosion Dawn.

I wouldn't mind ash getting it either at this point, heck if those three starters were to represent him for fire/water/grass i'd be ok with it since i like them all.

Gible should come back and evolve too.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master

Was winning the Alola League not enough? Was breaking the formula to make the anime into a globe hopping adventure not enough?

Face it, the anime has changed dramatically in recent years. The new format seems keen to virtually adapt any story or tie-in promotions on the fly without getting in the way of the main story arc that plagued previous series like BW and XY.

As for "more mature" anime, you have to define that because a lot of things that people consider to be "more mature" are actually quite immature (and when you get older, embarrassing). I've seen it first hand with superhero comic books and look where they are now.

The great thing about the anime is that it can be mature when it wants to be. And when they go to more mature topics, they really do know how to hit home one.

IcySealeo

Dracovish doesn't appear with Ash's other Pokemon at the beginning of each episode, so I think it's safe to assume it won't get the same treat as the others (although they don'y get enough focus as well).

Sword master zacian

Well if it wasn’t already before, I think it’s safe to say ash will be catching more mons. The release of legends: arceus next year probably means we won’t see Gen 9 until 2023, so the anime gained more time than normal. No way they’d stop at episode 50.
Gen 9 still can be released late 2022 since the legend:arcues is early 2022 but most likely it will be in 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.