• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
kickachu is gonna be salty about Grookey joining Goh, instead of Ash. lol

Not surprised, though.

diakyu

Ash isn't getting anything else lol, he already has a reserve of Sinnoh mons going into the remake and Legends (and Dawn and Cynthia's inevitable return will make up the slack). I don't expect him to be getting anything else even though the death of the Grookey dreams pains me

It was all fun and games when a crap mon like Sobble was going to Goh/s

D

Deleted member 384931

Ash isn't getting anything else lol, he already has a reserve of Sinnoh mons going into the remake and Legends. I don't expect him to be getting anything else even though the death of the Grookey dreams pains me
It is the Gou show lol

Tygurah

Well, that's lame. Now the only mons I could realistically see Satoshi catching are Rookidee and Kubfu. They both have overlapping types though so eh. I'd love for him to get a Tyranitar, but since Journeys has been disappointing lately I won't excite myself with the possibility lol.

RIP Monke

I have no idea why people still upset by Galar starters with Goh, I see that they do not tire of the starter and the usual regional derp bird

D

Deleted member 384931

Well, that's lame. Now the only mons I could realistically see Satoshi catching are Rookidee and Kubfu. They both have overlapping types though so eh. I'd love for him to get a Tyranitar, but since Journeys has been disappointing lately I won't excite myself with the possibility lol.

RIP Monke
Dont get your hopes up

diakyu

It is the Gou show lol
Eh, it's more Grookey won't be utilized the way I like. I have no doubt Goh will have it around quite a bit like he does Cinderace and Sobble.

I think a big part of it is that we haven't really seen Sobble's arc play out in full yet. It's one thing to see Cinderace fully develop, a mon that is so obviously tied to Goh that he shares color schemes with the line, but it's another to see him take on another starter when he hasn't proven himself with that other starter. I like Sobble and Goh as a pair, I think Goh is the better choice to be the trainer of Sobble compared to Ash knowing what we know about Goh's past. But I feel like that plot hasn't come to full fruition yet and it's kind of shame to see them quickly dump Grookey on him.

And it's also that Grookey seems much more rambunctious. Which seems weirdly wasted on Goh? He had the arc with the edge boy in Raboot, and now he has to deal with the more self-conscious and fearful Sobble. Both of these archetypes are more fitting for Goh a starting trainer than the energized Grookey. But you know maybe I'm totally wrong and I'll like the GohxGrookey dynamic. Guess I'll have to see it first lol

It is a shame though that after Farfetch'd evolves Ash has no place for his team to go

Status
Not open for further replies.